Amari really likes to play in Dallas

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Washington is a %^$#show. I don't think he would have gone there for $25MM/year.

Look out for Mr. Cooper this year. He is going to want to shut some people up.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Players should just be honest and stop all this BS about i care for this team, or that team it is about who pays you more period

Stop buying into what is the cement that binds a truly Championship team...yea, for sure, play around with what it takes to build a championship...but into the team! Not just looking street macho and smart...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If he likes playing in Dallas so much then he needs to stop being a non-factor during road games.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Interesting stats that may tell a story....
His production at home is almost double what it is on the road.
Personally, I theorize that being the route technician he is, he gets his cuts better on the carpet which is where he gets his separation. Or.... he just hates playing outdoors on grass.

Here’s the data...
I don’t ascribe to the charge that he “ disappears in big games”.... as philly is always a huge game and he’s put up video game numbers against them on a few occasions. Maybe it’s a home v away thing?

A cursory look at his time in Oakland....he didn’t play many games indoors but tended to play well on carpet and esp against division rivals... maybe familiarity...which he played extraordinarily well for the most part against our divisional rivals also....
Thoughts?

Home

2018: 58, 180, 20, 106,

2019: 106, 88, 226, 106, 147, 85, 19, 92

=102.75 average

Away

2018: 75, 36, 76, 217, 32, 31, 65

2019: 44, 48, 3, 80, 38, 0, 83, 24

=56.8 average
I just think the 'experts' label of Amari disappearing in away games is just too early to know.

Playing NFC East teams in their home stadiums is always tough.

Plus his first 3 years in the NFL were against AFC teams. Amari did not have much of a 'book' on teams in our division.

He surprised teams in 2018 but not so much in 2019.

They had time to see what he and Dak were doing.

This year, depending on the virus and how it prohibits practicing, it's unknown if this can improve.

And there are going to be more changes in the passing attack with Cobb and Witten gone.

So I think it will be fine. I worry more about Dak not being a hugely accurate thrower down field than I do Cooper disappearing.

We shall see they say.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
All doubt was erased when Amari refused a bigger contract from the 'Skins to play for Dallas. It's a pretty good sign that he likes 'em bigtime! ;)

Skillit

Reaction score
I liked the Cooper signing, but I have to admit, I see the reason the Raiders let him go.

He disappears when it matters. I get it that he gets doubled and that zones lean to him, but top WR’s in this league don’t go 5-6 games with like 10-12 catches total. That what he did—-he was my fantasy WR.
If you are a real deal, top 10 WR in this league - that doesn’t happen.

And at the price tag ......no thanks.

And to prove the point—DHopkins has played with hot garbage at QB most of his career and look at his numbers.

Even Dak haters would take Dak over several of the Texans QBs from the mid 2010s.....and D Hop still got 10 /1,100

IceBowler

Reaction score
I hope that Coop was banged up to the point where he really just couldn't go. Otherwise, we're looking at a very frail guy who doesn't give the oooph when things go sideways ..

And I truly hope that's not the case.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Interesting stats that may tell a story....
His production at home is almost double what it is on the road.
Personally, I theorize that being the route technician he is, he gets his cuts better on the carpet which is where he gets his separation. Or.... he just hates playing outdoors on grass.

Here’s the data...
I don’t ascribe to the charge that he “ disappears in big games”.... as philly is always a huge game and he’s put up video game numbers against them on a few occasions. Maybe it’s a home v away thing?

A cursory look at his time in Oakland....he didn’t play many games indoors but tended to play well on carpet and esp against division rivals... maybe familiarity...which he played extraordinarily well for the most part against our divisional rivals also....
Thoughts?

Home

2018: 58, 180, 20, 106,

2019: 106, 88, 226, 106, 147, 85, 19, 92

=102.75 average

Away

2018: 75, 36, 76, 217, 32, 31, 65

2019: 44, 48, 3, 80, 38, 0, 83, 24

=56.8 average

Turf, always great weather, home crowd. Makes a lot of sense.

And when we were typically on the road, Garrett would fold up the tent and go conservative nearly every time.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
people will abandon their family for that much money not all people of course:)

Interesting social science experiment.

Offer somebody $10 million dollars but they could not have any contact with their family ever again, not just your mom and dad or brothers and sisters, this includes your spouse and kids as well.

I really do wonder how many people would take that deal.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Interesting social science experiment.

Offer somebody $10 million dollars but they could not have any contact with their family ever again, not just your mom and dad or brothers and sisters, this includes your spouse and kids as well.

I really do wonder how many people would take that deal.
Oh brother you have no idea how many will do..I do understand few good people still around but most will do it even for less.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Or coaching game plans and play calls are decidedly different at home vs on the road?
wait a minute,, we had a game plan... I thought we already discussed and came to a conclusion on this topic?