Twitter: Amari really wants to be a Cowboy

Tussinman

Reaction score
For 20 mil I"ll go w/ the rook
Agreed. Draft one in the 2nd round and you'll basically have 3 receivers with a 2nd round grade, an upgrade at tight-end, highest paid runningback in the league, and 3 pro bowl line-man (that's more than enough talent). Let the rest of the money/picks go towards upgrading both DT spots and safety

I actually really like Coop but he's too inconsistent to pay 20 million a year (disappearing in the 2nd half of the season in 2 out of the last 3 years, struggles with both drops and performances on the road).

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Agreed. Draft one in the 2nd round and you'll basically have 3 receivers with a 2nd round grade, an upgrade at tight-end, highest paid runningback in the league, and 3 pro bowl line-man (that's more than enough talent). Let the rest of the money/picks go towards upgrading both DT spots and safety

I actually really like Coop but he's too inconsistent to pay 20 million a year (disappearing in the 2nd half of the season in 2 out of the last 3 years, struggles with both drops and performances on the road).

That falls on Kellen Moore to run on offense with routes that our WR's don't easily get stonewalled.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Just should have ironed out a new deal at the time of the trade.

I don't want the Cowboys to pay Amari $20M per year, but it's either that or gamble on a unproven rookie. Ugh.

Or bring back Dez! (.. /me runs for cover)

In all seriousness, it’s one of those odd off seasons where you can actually find a stopgap quarterback without too much of an issue (Brady, Bridgewater, Rivers, etc) but there are no free agent receivers of value out there.

I like Gallup but he’s not ready to be a WR1 and frankly I don’t know that he ever will be. Ruggs, Lamb and Jeudy will all be gone before 17.

I joke about Dez but... not really? A.J. Green is getting the franchise tag. There’s not a single WR1 in free agency. If you take Cooper and Green off the board, the list is Robby Anderson, Randall Cobb, Emmanuel Sanders and a bunch of practice squad guys.

There’s no choice, they’re going to have to pony up the cash and sign him. And they ought to do it now, before free agency starts in less than two weeks.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
((I love being a Dallas Cowboy. I think about it almost every day ... just the aura of being a Dallas Cowboy, you can’t beat it. I want to be a Dallas Cowboy for life))
Players will say anything to be signed to a big contract and what aura we have now is he talking about?

nobody

Reaction score
((I love being a Dallas Cowboy. I think about it almost every day ... just the aura of being a Dallas Cowboy, you can’t beat it. I want to be a Dallas Cowboy for life))
Players will say anything to be signed to a big contract and what aura we have now is he talking about?

the aura of rotting garbage after last season's lack of heart from the team and coaches.

fivetwos

Reaction score
What he means is that as one of Jerry's kids you are allowed a sense of accomplishment even though you've never won a thing.

It's perfect for Amari Cooper.

Its gonna sting paying this guy a million a game for those road games he decides not to show up for.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Or bring back Dez! (.. /me runs for cover)

In all seriousness, it’s one of those odd off seasons where you can actually find a stopgap quarterback without too much of an issue (Brady, Bridgewater, Rivers, etc) but there are no free agent receivers of value out there.

I like Gallup but he’s not ready to be a WR1 and frankly I don’t know that he ever will be. Ruggs, Lamb and Jeudy will all be gone before 17.

I joke about Dez but... not really? A.J. Green is getting the franchise tag. There’s not a single WR1 in free agency. If you take Cooper and Green off the board, the list is Robby Anderson, Randall Cobb, Emmanuel Sanders and a bunch of practice squad guys.

There’s no choice, they’re going to have to pony up the cash and sign him. And they ought to do it now, before free agency starts in less than two weeks.
Cooper himself isnt a "#1"

Guy disappears in games.