Twitter: Amari really wants to be a Cowboy

Proof

Reaction score
((I love being a Dallas Cowboy. I think about it almost every day ... just the aura of being a Dallas Cowboy, you can’t beat it. I want to be a Dallas Cowboy for life))
Players will say anything to be signed to a big contract and what aura we have now is he talking about?

lol. This dude has zero reason to lobby to be signed. In less than 2 weeks he can get a record setting contract from any number of teams. Instead, he goes public with his desire to be here and gets grief

Jenky

Reaction score
I have long suspected the Cowboys are waiting to get a deal done with Dak before signing one with Amari.

It seems like the path of least resistance is signing Amari first. I'd then focus the pressure on Dak with the tag if I really wanted him that badly.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
In 2021 they are have to pay or lose Awuzie, Lewis and Woods from the secondary and the defensive line has a serious talent deficiency in the middle. Locking down Cooper allows them to focus premium picks on much needed talent on defense. Cooper can play at a top ten level and already cost a first round pick, plus Dallas can afford to pay him, so pay the guy.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems like the path of least resistance is signing Amari first. I'd then focus the pressure on Dak with the tag if I really wanted him that badly.
If there was no salary cap, then the order would not matter.

Since there is though, it makes more sense to sort out the larger contract first because it may impact the structure and the feasibility of signing Amari Cooper as well as the limit of how much they can afford to spend.

In most cases, if a team is forced to choose between a franchise quarterback and a franchise receiver, they will usually choose the quarterback, then see if they can work something out later with the receiver.

Big_D

Reaction score
For 20 mil I"ll go w/ the rook

20 mil is a terrible number and will cripple this team after paying Zeke and Dak. I don't get this FO? This trio wasn't getting it done on a rookies salary so overpay them all. That's just smart decision making. I'm looking for a rookie that I can get 4/5 years on that salary and possibly a vet FA or 2. Can't overpay everybody on offense. Just seems ridiculous and once again the D will be a problem because of it.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I stand by what I said in another thread.......Get Dak deal done, tag Coop and draft his replacement in 2-3 round.

conner01

Reaction score
If he really wants to be a Cowboy then he can't be trying to be the highest paid WR in the league.
I suspect he sees this team is a good fit for him
Like any player he wants market value
Being the highest paid player at a position had much more to do with when you sign than whether you are top 5 or top 10
And it’s gonna to continue and escalate when a new cba and tv deal is done
The more money that goes to the players, the more salaries are gonna soar
The top paid player at any position could easily not be in top 10 in 2-3 years
That’s just simply a product of a soaring cap

conner01

Reaction score
No doubt. If there was ever a draft that is WR heavy, its this one. Even the mid-to-late rounds should yield starters
I fully expect us to take a WR
But if you have to replace you 1 then you can’t wait to the middle rounds even in a deep draft
But even if we keep cooper I expect a WR
We will have Cobb or a need at slot and even if we sign Cobb the need won’t be far off

kskboys

Reaction score
In 2021 they are have to pay or lose Awuzie, Lewis and Woods from the secondary and the defensive line has a serious talent deficiency in the middle. Locking down Cooper allows them to focus premium picks on much needed talent on defense. Cooper can play at a top ten level and already cost a first round pick, plus Dallas can afford to pay him, so pay the guy.
We can't afford to pay him 20 mil.

Kaiser

Reaction score
If he truly wants to be A Cowboy for life then maybe he tells his agent to be a little more loose about the money.

I think its the opposite, he is talking like this because the numbers are close to the contract being finalized. Coop at 20MM is like Dak at 40MM, if that was really going to happen the contract would have been signed a year ago.

I read these comments as the deal getting done within a week.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
lol. This dude has zero reason to lobby to be signed. In less than 2 weeks he can get a record setting contract from any number of teams. Instead, he goes public with his desire to be here and gets grief
yes but it is very comfy in Dallas ....great country club

quickccc

Reaction score
yeh ... " wanna be a Cowboy for life ... but yet I also wanna be one of the top paid WRs in NFL - despite not showing up enuff in key games and especially vs elite CBs " :huh: