Twitter: Amari really wants to be a Cowboy

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kellen Moore's offense needs to have a better route tree if it's so easy to take Cooper out of games.

Or less predictable of an offense. Which is where MM steps in to help change / design the offense enough to be not as predictable.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Keep thinking at some point he will turn it over to SJ. But I think he will always be involved in big name contracts.
Like father, like son but maybe if JJ is out of being in charge he will act more rational but that is a big maybe

Rayman70

Reaction score
Amari ...just catch the damn ball and don't check out of games and we are good.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
In view of his ongoing problem with plantar fasciitis, Amari should be willing to allow a fair contractual deduction for that nagging issue.:thumbup:

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You "bring back Dez" folks in this thread sound ridiculous. I hope you are just joking around because Dez is not even close to anything resembling a replacement for Amari Cooper. :facepalm:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Amari ...just catch the damn ball and don't check out of games and we are good.

A while back, it was said to be Sanjay Lal that insisted on benching him for poor play but Coop must allow for his limitations at contract time. ;)

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not me. We need defense with our early picks.

Some seem to think we can just get a rookie at any point and expect the same kind of production we got from Cooper. I don't understand this mind-set. Outside of expectations for the first round, the thought should always be draft players that you hope will turn out to be good starters, maybe even great, but you aren't absolutely counting on it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I actually really like Coop but he's too inconsistent to pay 20 million a year (disappearing in the 2nd half of the season in 2 out of the last 3 years, struggles with both drops and performances on the road).

Cooper was playing through some pretty difficult injuries. I think his 2018 performance is more indicative of his talent than 2019. He toughed it out without crying about it, so some are just overlooking the fact that he was limping around the field a lot of the time.

Now, if we want to take his injuries into account in believing that's a good reason not to pay him top dollar, that's understandable.

Rayman70

Reaction score
apparently Sanjay wasn't a very good position coach. I don't think he has been hired anywhere yet.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Cooper was playing through some pretty difficult injuries. I think his 2018 performance is more indicative of his talent than 2019. He toughed it out without crying about it, so some are just overlooking the fact that he was limping around the field a lot of the time.

Now, if we want to take his injuries into account in believing that's a good reason not to pay him top dollar, that's understandable.
That's cool if it's a one time thing but it happened 2 year previous in 2017 as well. That's not someone I would feel comfterable giving 3 years of high dollar guranteed money too (especially with the WR class being stacked)

817Gill

Reaction score
Overlooked in his interview was how he said this was his toughest year injury-wise. Whether you think he's too injury prone to resign or you think he deserves a pass, I think the injuries he dealt with this year should be a bigger part of the discussion

Kwyn

Reaction score
for life? lol...wow...that means he better stop dropping passes and checking out of games. MM won't stand for this crap.
Is he asking to be paid for his services? If he’s asking for lore than the vet minimum he must not want to work here badly enough.

Where’s the hometown discount Amari?

He’s showing his true colors

/s