Twitter: Amari really wants to be a Cowboy

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
ahh..ok..so he has latched on. Good for him. Good luck Seattle.

Yeah, he was a tool with the media and had a type of personality that rubbed some the wrong way.

Yet, some football people like the guy but I am glad Mike picked his guy.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
We can't afford to pay him 20 mil.

I would suspect they will come in short of 20 million, but even if they sign cooper to 20 million it would still put them in at about 13-15 million this season in cap, which leaves them with 63 million for other players in 2020. They are going to restructure or cut Crawford (will save up to 9.1 Million), with a restructure putting their cap at around 67.5 million after Cooper signs. If they need to, they can restructure Zack Martin to gain around 8 million and Lawrence to gain 12 million. That would push them up to 87.5 million after resigning Cooper to a new deal. They could restructure some others, but those two are the best candidates to finish out their deals.

It is absolutely doable from a financial perspective.

kskboys

Reaction score
I would suspect they will come in short of 20 million, but even if they sign cooper to 20 million it would still put them in at about 13-15 million this season in cap, which leaves them with 63 million for other players in 2020. They are going to restructure or cut Crawford (will save up to 9.1 Million), with a restructure putting their cap at around 67.5 million after Cooper signs. If they need to, they can restructure Zack Martin to gain around 8 million and Lawrence to gain 12 million. That would push them up to 87.5 million after resigning Cooper to a new deal. They could restructure some others, but those two are the best candidates to finish out their deals.

It is absolutely doable from a financial perspective.
Of course. However, you can't gloss over the fact that if you spend a pile on a few players, you're getting further away from a super bowl, not closer.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I want to see proof he checks out on games. Where is the tape?

Its the classic case of "Fans use stats like a drunk uses a lamp post, for support rather than illumination".

He went out with an injury against the Jets and Dak overthrew him on most of his passes (he had 4 catches on 12 targets) in the second Eagles game. Then he had a couple of games like New England where he only had 2 targets in bad weather.

With all those disappearing games he still finished 8th in the NFL in receiving yards. Its the classic case of hating the player and then looking for an out of context stat to back it up.

Last edited:

Kaiser

Reaction score
Of course. However, you can't gloss over the fact that if you spend a pile on a few players, you're getting further away from a super bowl, not closer.

You are glossing over the fact no team ever won a Super Bowl without having elite players. Show me the team that won with minimal salaries.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Can't stand when they interview players after smoking a joint.

kskboys

Reaction score
You are glossing over the fact no team ever won a Super Bowl without having elite players. Show me the team that won with minimal salaries.
That doesn't make sense. No one said anything about minimal salaries. This is about where you spend your alloted cap dollars.

Spending too much on a few players always leads to playoff losses. Show me a team that spent over 50% of their cap on 4-5 players and won the super bowl.

cern

Reaction score
probably every superbowl winner until free agency.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score

That is a separate debate from being able to afford to pay him.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Amari knows the grass is not greener. He has been on the other side of the fence. Unless a top team comes offering the moon, I think he would stay put. Maybe we can get him for Zekes deal!

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Just should have ironed out a new deal at the time of the trade.

I don't want the Cowboys to pay Amari $20M per year, but it's either that or gamble on a unproven rookie. Ugh.
TommBrady would not complain about only having Zeke, Pollard, Jarwin, Cobb, and Gallup. Those ain’t bargain bin weapons