Amazing stat from yesterday in a Tweet

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fans are over reacting. We are what we’ve always been.

This reminds me of where we were last year at 3-4 before Cooper trade.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We are not a good enough team or well coached enough to overcome all of the loss of talent. It’s actually very simple IMO.

Fmart322

Reaction score
There is way more going on here, then just the players. I can't believe I'm saying this but you really have to wonder if something has happened, perhaps in the locker room, that we are not aware of?
I totally agree. Something during or after the saints game. They went from playing hard to hardly playing.

visionary

Reaction score
lol, so 1 game out of the 142 Garrett has coached makes it an ordinary thing for a Garrett coached team? Hell, it has happened 0.7% of the games he has coached!

as per usual with your responses, please, please actually try to read and understand the post you are responding to

thx in advance

visionary

Reaction score
Another forum DallasCowboysUniverse.com has an official list of Garrett blunders. An actual official list of just the absolute most bizarre longshot circumstantial losses all happening under Garrett's watch. It was a lengthy and telling list that was impossible to ignore.

You open it thinking it's just a hyperbolic rant of leftist extremism but then once youre in you realize it's raw constructed data of how specific losses have taken place against all odds with Garrett as coach. You might think no more than a couple. Maybe a handful. Nope, it was well into double digits.

Giving new meaning to Finding Ways to Lose.

DallasCowboysUniverse.com is the forum and the list is up to date and truly compelling evidence of the sub standard performance Garrett gave/gives as coach.

believe me, most Cowboy fans actually paying attention are painfully aware of the trash we gave as HC

glimmerman

Reaction score
There is way more going on here, then just the players. I can't believe I'm saying this but you really have to wonder if something has happened, perhaps in the locker room, that we are not aware of?
If it hasn’t before this game then it has now. This is coach related.

JG gets that flag last week out of frustration. Now this week we lost and there was a few really bad calls.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
as per usual with your responses, please, please actually try to read and understand the post you are responding to

thx in advance
As per your post, and this response, you are trying to twist things into something that isn't there. This truly was a unique thing, and as I said before, the suggestion that the Cowboys are routinely inventing ways to lose that have never occurred in the 100 year history of the NFL is nonsense.

Some, and apparently you are among them, like to think every issue the Cowboys have is somehow unique to the Cowboys and that the rest of the NFL never experiences difficulties similar to the ones the Cowboys face. The only thing unique with the current Cowboys is the owner and GM being the same person, and that isn't unique in the history of the NFL.

But hey, we can't have the soap opera if we recognize these things, right?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett is just a scapegoat for fans. No one wants to hold the team accountable.

Amazing fans can’t accept the losing. Grow a couple.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Wow. That locker room has to be teetering on the verge of chaos right now. And the architect of all this- our GM “til death do us part” will be conducting “business as usual” on his weekly radio show tomorrow and onward.
And this week all the media will be telling him how wonderful his wardrobe looks while he sits there wearing NOT one stich of thread.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well, I think we all know, or at least we should know that Offense and Defense are not separate entities. I mean, you see teams that invest in Offense heavily and kinda ignore the defense but even those teams, they are powerless to avoid the dependencies of one to the other. Because of this, I am not surprised that both sides of the ball are failing but what I am surprised at is the seemingly familiar position we find ourselves in, on a seemingly weekly basis. Full acknowledgement, I was unable to watch the game yestereday (as you may already know) was not televised locally. Instead, I got the craptastic Broncos.

Because of this, I was unable to watch the game so I am only seeing bits and pieces but it sounds like a lot of the same kinds of issues we've seen for several weeks now. The difference is the way the players seem to have acted and the continued flat effort by the team in the first half. Something is happening there IMO.
Same stuff as usual. The biggest thing that stands out, I think, is both the O and the D being wildly inconsistent. About the only consistent thing was Darnold walking that O up and down the field at ease. BBDB only works w/ a genius like Belly at the helm. And the right personnel, which we definitely do not have.

Asklesko

Reaction score
According to a tweet by NFL Network producer Bobby Belt about yesterday’s loss to the Jets:

NFL teams are 90-1 since 1991 when they win time of possession, total yards, turnovers, pick up 25 first downs, and convert at least 10 or more 3rd down attempts.

Dallas' loss to the Jets on Sunday is the one loss.”
giphy.gif

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Garrett is just a scapegoat for fans. No one wants to hold the team accountable.

Amazing fans can’t accept the losing. Grow a couple.
Garrett is not the whole problem by any means as the real problem imo is the GM's manipulation and disrespect of the HC. However on a day to day basis, I grant you that the team (itself) is also not playing to their potential. They (Esp. the trenches) were physically dominated against NO and GB and honestly I don't believe they have (physically and mentally) recovered since.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As per your post, and this response, you are trying to twist things into something that isn't there. This truly was a unique thing, and as I said before, the suggestion that the Cowboys are routinely inventing ways to lose that have never occurred in the 100 year history of the NFL is nonsense.

Some, and apparently you are among them, like to think every issue the Cowboys have is somehow unique to the Cowboys and that the rest of the NFL never experiences difficulties similar to the ones the Cowboys face. The only thing unique with the current Cowboys is the owner and GM being the same person, and that isn't unique in the history of the NFL.

But hey, we can't have the soap opera if we recognize these things, right?
Isn’t the way Jerry runs this franchise unique? The only other owner who thinks he should also be the GM is the Bungles Mike Brown. So yeah, this team situation is unique.

Praxit

Reaction score
And look at the sideline, there's your clue. Does that look like a bunch of guys that want to be playing together?

I remember a HC, I believe it was Marv Levy, one of the most brilliant men to ever coach, one time making the comment "football players are simple". He saw the reaction and explained that he didn't mean that as a negative but was referring to how a football team is constructed and led. From the early days they enter the game, it is really very simple, "just do your job" is what he was saying. Don't complicate it beyond the game. Don't take them out of their comfort zone.

I have this theory, and have had it for some time, that Booger's need for exposure and the Cowboys being the most media friendly and covered team in sports history comes with a price for the team. As long as it's good, everybody's happy but let it get like Phillips' team and these guys just want it to go away. The media will exact it's price with nonstop rumor and innuendo because it's easy coverage. It's no longer about football, it is reality TV's sports representative.

Look at what just happened to Doug Pederson and his comment about "we will win and be in the lead in the East". He didn't have to backtrack because he's the Eagles but because he's coming to play the Cowboys.

Here's what I don't get. If I wasn't a fan, I could give two craps about the Dallas Cowboys. They're not compelling, interesting and other than the stupid things he says, they're not entertaining. They're boring and the best they can do is some HotBoyz nonsense from an overpaid player? This truly is a reality show when it comes to substance. There's really nothing there.
.... Coach, ..that's pretty much sums it up. It's very close to whats happening behind closed doors in DC. The worse of it, is us fans who have been around since Jurassic period supporting the Star. :angry:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Other teams have adjusted. Rams showed the NFL that we are weak vs the run. Opposing DC's are taking away what we want to do.
They didn’t the first 3 games. Because they didn’t have the talent to expose our weaknesses or enough to stop or scheme against our strengths. Throw in some key injuries and we are compromised.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett is not the whole problem by any means as the real problem imo is the GM's manipulation and disrespect of the HC. However on a day to day basis, I grant you that the team (itself) is also not playing to their potential. They (Esp. the trenches) were physically dominated against NO and GB and honestly I don't believe they have (physically and mentally) recovered since.
But you’re assuming we are a better team than GB or NO?

What we can’t recover from is losing 2 starting Tackles and receivers. We’ve seen how losing key talent has reduced us before.

JustChip

Reaction score
Reminds me of how a TV blurb said that Bill Parcells was 77-0 when holding a lead of 13 points or more in the fourth quarter.

Around half an hour later, the Cowboys blew a 13-0 lead and lost to the Commanders. 2005 season.
Owww....I still can’t stand Santana Moss because of that game.