Video: Ambar Garcia on Amari's toughness

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Both of my sisters are vegetarian and if anything they are super conscious of their nutrient intake. One is still a professional dancer and the other is a workout freak. Both have been relatively injury free for decades.
While I understand what you’re saying......this is pro football. Working out and dancing just can’t compare.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Both of my sisters are vegetarian and if anything they are super conscious of their nutrient intake. One is still a professional dancer and the other is a workout freak. Both have been relatively injury free for decades.

None of them play football though, a very physical demanding sport. People landing on you and 200lb+ men coming to tackle you isn’t quite on the same level. Not trying to take a shot at you or anything, just saying it’s a bit different. Plus Amari is a guy. How much lean muscle and fat he has will have a very large effect on how he plays and recovers.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Vegetarians are more than capable of getting the proper amount of protein, so long as they follow a proper diet.

Beans, Soy, tree nuts, Milk, Quinoa, Lentils, peas, edamame, etc

There are a lot of foods that are good sources of protein besides meat.

Now, if he has gone vegetarian and ISNT following the proper diet. Then that absolutely could be detrimental to an athlete. But Vegetarians are more than capable of getting the nutrients needed, including protein, if they eat the right foods.

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
None of them play football though, a very physical demanding sport. People landing on you and 200lb+ men coming to tackle you isn’t quite on the same level. Not trying to take a shot at you or anything, just saying it’s a bit different. Plus Amari is a guy. How much lean muscle and fat he has will have a very large effect on how he plays and recovers.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...ayers-and-other-athletes-are-going-vegan.html

What about MMA. That’s a real easy sport right?

how about all these vegetarian MMA fighters?

http://www.fuelforthefighter.com/the-fighter/

There is literally no reason to be concerned about an athlete being vegetarian.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...ayers-and-other-athletes-are-going-vegan.html

What about MMA. That’s a real easy sport right?

how about all these vegetarian MMA fighters?

http://www.fuelforthefighter.com/the-fighter/

I’m not sure what to think of it. There are many doctors arguing for both sides. Vegetarianism hurts for some, helps for others. There are plenty arguments online arguing for both sides. Truth is, no one truly knows the answer.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’m not sure what to think of it. There are many doctors arguing for both sides. Vegetarianism hurts for some, helps for others. There are plenty arguments online arguing for both sides. Truth is, no one truly knows the answer.

I haven’t seen the studies or “many doctors” arguing it’s necessarily a bad thing.

like anything else, it’s all about the person making the right food choices. An athlete who eats meat but is scarfing down big Mac’s and snickers bars isn’t doing themselves any favors either.

regardless, your earlier post was saying that “it’s likely” that Amari going vegetarian has affected his ability to recover and made him more likely to be injured. When that’s just not the case.

It’s probably just that, he plays football in the NFL and players get injured and banged up all the time. The vegetarian and non vegetarians alike.

X550i

Reaction score
Ambar is the best one on there along with the short guy. But Ambar usually hits it right on the head when it comes to Dallas. But off the field toughness? Amari been running home from the defensive bully after practice?:muttley:

I’m not sure what Ambar really means by this, I think I need to spend quality time with personally to fully grasp her comments :D

tyke1doe

Reaction score
So was trading a first for Amari Cooper a bad idea now? First, it was he was more than worthy of giving up a first-round pick for. Now, it's he's a lazy bum who doesn't love the game. I just can't keep up with the vicissitude regarding Cooper.

John813

Reaction score
I haven’t seen the studies or “many doctors” arguing it’s necessarily a bad thing.

like anything else, it’s all about the person making the right food choices. An athlete who eats meat but is scarfing down big Mac’s and snickers bars isn’t doing themselves any favors either.

regardless, your earlier post was saying that “it’s likely” that Amari going vegetarian has affected his ability to recover and made him more likely to be injured. When that’s just not the case.

It’s probably just that, he plays football in the NFL and players get injured and banged up all the time. The vegetarian and non vegetarians alike.

I agree.

These athletes have the ability to get top of the line advice and food sources so they can just about choose any sane diet and be in top shape for their sport.
Injuries will happen if you eat red meat, white meat or beans.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I agree.

These athletes have the ability to get top of the line advice and food sources so they can just about choose any sane diet and be in top shape for their sport.
Injuries will happen if you eat red meat, white meat or beans.

Agreed. Not to mention that professional athletes have access to the best nutritional supplements in existence that are legal by NFL rules.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Vegetarians are more than capable of getting the proper amount of protein, so long as they follow a proper diet.

Beans, Soy, tree nuts, Milk, Quinoa, Lentils, peas, edamame, etc

There are a lot of foods that are good sources of protein besides meat.

Now, if he has gone vegetarian and ISNT following the proper diet. Then that absolutely could be detrimental to an athlete. But Vegetarians are more than capable of getting the nutrients needed, including protein, if they eat the right foods.

If he’s not getting enough iron he could find himself getting fatigued.

Blue64

Reaction score
Maybe the problem isn’t Coopers willingness to play.
After all how many wide receivers want to go out there and have their QB throw balls at them which leave them exposed to hits.

Yes it’s part of the job and blah, blah, blah. But a good QB will always try to put the ball in the receivers hands in stride, not behind him or in a position where the receiver in order to make the catch is in a compromised position...

Dak is no Aikman or Romo when it comes to that... and maybe that’s the problem with Cooper... As the season wore on Dak despite the stats became more inconsistent and erratic with his throws.