Video: Ambar Garcia on Amari's toughness

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I wondered why he seems so sure Sanjay is gone...because a new head coach is coming? Doesnt seem like a critical enough role the HC would automatically throw him out for another and I have only heard good things about him...so why does it seem like a foregone conclusion hes leaving without getting in to that here?

I don't know. I don't think Nick gave details on it. That was the first I had heard about unhappiness with Sanjay. I thought he a Moore were the most likely keeps.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
No that’s not true about this at all...
that’s what she really thinks.

I didnt say her interpretation is what she was told...she tries real hard I guess, but who cares what she has to say...she should stick to the lil game show segments she plays with the players.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I didnt say her interpretation is what she was told...she tries real hard I guess, but who cares what she has to say...she should stick to the lil game show segments she plays with the players.
Why? Because when she says you suck,you really suck. And I get what you’re saying,I like the new girl who’s a rather smart cookie,don’t know her name,want her be on the show,but Ambar is right saying what she has about team being weak. They’ve been sitting there each week getting more and more bored and irritated,and they let their feelings known they aren’t impressed with them or this staff and are as done as we are with the “we’ll get better” hot air.

Swagger

Reaction score
We don't know the full story except that it was always telling that Gruden let him go...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dani Sureck is much better than Ambar Garcia on "The Break". But that doesn't mean Ambar is wrong about Amari. It's very odd that Amari is far better at every statistical category at home games over road games.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We don't know the full story except that it was always telling that Gruden let him go...
What does Gruden know? The game has passed him by. Garrett gets 8 wins and you want him fired while Gruden gets 7 wins but you still think he is a football sage. Stop it, Gruden is a fool.

Zordon

Reaction score
Yep, you don't lose 8 of 13 with a talented and relatively healthy team without a lot of problems somewhere.

But also, remember all the posts about how great Lal was in teaching route running etc. when that hire was made? Kinda funny now.
I recall reading about how detailed oriented he was. How he breaks down every movement his WRs make. I thought this would mesh well with Amari and his approach. I guess not.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Why? Because when she says you suck,you really suck. And I get what you’re saying,I like the new girl who’s a rather smart cookie,don’t know her name,want her be on the show,but Ambar is right saying what she has about team being weak. They’ve been sitting there each week getting more and more bored and irritated,and they let their feelings known they aren’t impressed with them or this staff and are as done as we are with the “we’ll get better” hot air.

Sorry, Im never going to buy into that Ambar has the pulse of this team or even Amari for that matter even though she works in the building.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He seemed to be hurt. But how hurt I don’t know. Sits on the sideline upset. He never seemed like that last year during his half year. He had a few MRI done so I don’t know... I am not paying him..

coult44

Reaction score
Losing is the perfect drug for breeding negativity lol. I’m guilty of it too. In training camp, I thought Amari being so laid back was a good character trait. One bad season later, I’m saying it’s a lack of caring and he’s just lazy! Man

This team and organization have been losers for 25 years. One of the worst in professional sports. Yet, we are still here. At least 1/3 of the Dallas Cowboys fans know nothing more than cheering for a losing team. It’s not sustainable.

Last edited:

coult44

Reaction score
I really like Cooper. However , he has the same MO on three different cities, in three different teams. They said the same thing about him at Bama, then Oakland, and now Dallas. He does not care if people question his heart. In fact it it seems to drive his personal agenda.

ICP

Reaction score
To me, at this point Amari is the same guy he was with the Raiders. Dallas should want to move on as well.

I wouldn't even mind letting Amari walk in the off season and rolling the dice on AB.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I get that but why is it such a terrible thing if she’s getting information from players? That’s part of her job

As an aside, I really don’t understand how she got the job she has. Maybe being bilingual? Because as you said, she knows next to nothing about football

Yes to your second paragraph imo

fansince68

Reaction score
Before signing Amari, I would have a long talk with Saban to get the inside scoop. Amari is a great talent. Possibly a better head coach with a clear voice can connect with Amari. At this point, I have great hesitation about paying him top $$$. Whether its due to heart or injuries, he is still a no show in some games. If he gets 20 million a year from me, he would have to eliminate one or both of those vices.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Some players on the Raiders stated he was kind of a sissy. I think he has his good being tough moments and not so tough moments. There is no denying he is an incredible talent and I like the fact he is honest by publicly stating he needs to be more consistent.