America’s team versus cowboys nation

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
America’s team. It has always meant something. The Class of the NFL. Cowboys nation. The fans.

We always give Philadelphia fans a hard time for throwing cans on the field. I guess not winning a championship for years will do that that to you Cowboy nation. Many of the fans say the team is a joke around the league. It’s not the team that’s the joke , it’s some of us that are . I can’t understand why some are even still fans of this franchise. They Don’t like the quarterback, the running back, the coaching staff, The ownership, And according to some of the forums many other things. But again not winning a championship for 25 years will do that to you. So ask yourself again why are you still a fan of this franchise. For me is the culture the star what it represents. Has it lost a little of it’s class, no I don’t think so. I guess as you get older like myself being a fan of this franchise since the 60s. Just beating Philadelphia, San Francisco, Pittsburgh, that’s my Super Bowl every season. Go cowboys have a great season

Jipper

Reaction score
Honestly this team isn't the laughing stock but it's not America's team in the sense it used to be.

It's a team that's nearly always competitive but never really wins anything....something to be said about that both good and bad

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
America’s team. It has always meant something. The Class of the NFL. Cowboys nation. The fans.

We always give Philadelphia fans a hard time for throwing cans on the field. I guess not winning a championship for years will do that that to you Cowboy nation. Many of the fans say the team is a joke around the league. It’s not the team that’s the joke , it’s some of us that are . I can’t understand why some are even still fans of this franchise. They Don’t like the quarterback, the running back, the coaching staff, The ownership, And according to some of the forums many other things. But again not winning a championship for 25 years will do that to you. So ask yourself again why are you still a fan of this franchise. For me is the culture the star what it represents. Has it lost a little of it’s class, no I don’t think so. I guess as you get older like myself being a fan of this franchise since the 60s. Just beating Philadelphia, San Francisco, Pittsburgh, that’s my Super Bowl every season. Go cowboys have a great season

Congrats for being a happy and content Cowboys fan, when many others prefer to wallow in hate and resentment for their self-inflicted misery. Being a fan myself since 1960, I've seen the best and the worst of teams and have learned, much like you have, to take the good & bad in stride. Keep that positive attitude and continue to enjoy being entertained. If we eventually happen to win the ultimate SB prize, so much the better. Stay the cool you. :)

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It's a team that's nearly always competitive but never really wins anything....something to be said about that both good and bad

What's sad is some fans are OK with that. That seems to be the theme the past few days. Winning a super bowl isn't important, just being competitive is what its all about. Having a team full of friends who get along and produce a good culture is more important than winning games.

What the hell is going on with this place?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Whirlwin great to hear from you again. The way I see it is many of the fans that routinely/daily or multiple times daily, post complaints about QB,RB, coaches and owner are millenials and have turned into the cancel culture. If what they want does happen in 5 minutes they complain about it. I became a fan the very first day the cowboys entered the league and I can't imagine anything making me stop being a fan of America's Team..
.;

Diehardblues

Reaction score

The A-T label has always been a target on our backs. Just as Landry said it would be.

It doesn’t represent anything but our popularity in viewership which is in part by fans who love to root against us. Our success in recent eras attracted more from fans from abroad much like the Yankees and Lakers success over the years attracted fans.

Remember many of them aborted or abandoned their local or regional team because they weren’t successful hopping on our wagon.

And while we will always have pride in our franchises success from prior eras this era isn’t one of them. There’s nothing wrong in critiquing our current situation while remaining a steadfast supporter of the Star.

Our favorite and or local team doesn’t always have to be a good team. Or an organization which has success to continue rooting for it. But the lack of success this era does create apathetic attitudes and frustration.

Jipper

Reaction score
What's sad is some fans are OK with that. That seems to be the theme the past few days. Winning a super bowl isn't important, just being competitive is what its all about. Having a team full of friends who get along and produce a good culture is more important than winning games.

yeha man hard to say, kinda wonder if it’s attributed partly to this fantasy football culture with the younger generations not worrying as much about their home team as much as their fantasy team

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Congrats for being a happy and content Cowboys fan, when many others prefer to wallow in hate and resentment for their self-inflicted misery. Being a fan myself since 1960, I've seen the best and the worst of teams and have learned, much like you have, to take the good & bad in stride. Keep that positive attitude and continue to enjoy being entertained. If we eventually happen to win the ultimate SB prize, so much the better. Stay the cool you. :)
Happy and content. As I Can be. Again I think age maturity does something. Trust me I would love a championship

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I don’t think that’s a true statement for me and some others. Winning a Super Bowl is very important. But we learn how to live with not winning it. I think that’s the maturity

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
In recent years, my expectations at the beginning of each season have been of a winning season or a play off season. I can't remember the last time I believed "this season could be a super bowl season". Every September, without fail, I get genuinely excited about the new season starting purely because life with football is better/more interesting than life without football. I shall be a Cowboys fan until my dying day whether we ever win another super bowl or not. Clearly I would love to see it again but my fandom is not dependent on it.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If being a Cowboys fan made me as miserable as so many here, I believe I'd seriously consider finding something else I could enjoy. :dance:
I made that clear I thought, I don’t know why they are following the franchise. I would like one of them to answer that