America’s team versus cowboys nation

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was not a fan of Mike McCarthy. But I think I like the coaching staff he put together. I actually see things looking up. I’m not gonna say Super Bowl. But I am going to say division champion

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm no talking about this board. I'm talking about those that get consumed by the team and let a loss or bad season ruin their day, week, month, year etc....
I knew what you meant. That’s one is greater things in life like family, friends. The team is now an afterthought in that consideration. I actually broke a 26 inch seers TV Consol. When Smith dropped the ball in the Endzone against Pittsburgh. Let’s see one of these miserable fans do that with the TV today

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are no longer America's Team....unless America is now a barely above average nation that has done nothing meaningful in the last 25+ years.
Problem is A-T label represents different things for different fans.

It wasn’t intended to represent anything more than its popularity among TV viewers. We became the most viewed team in America. Which is by fans and those rooting against us.

It was a source of pride when we were having success in prior eras. But it’s become more of the target on our backs Landry feared it would be.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I made that clear I thought, I don’t know why they are following the franchise. I would like one of them to answer that
You don’t have to like or approve of your team to follow your team. Especially if it’s your local team.

This is the first era in which we’ve been more of a mediocre and dormant franchise on the field. It’s very normal for fans of these type of franchises to be more apathetic and cynical. Ask Lions and Browns fans for example.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What would you rather have? A championship or a team that had good comradery and never won anything?
I don't care about the comradery, I get what you are saying. I used to be overly passionate about this team, but then a funny thing happened. I got a real job and real bills, them a wife and then a kid...them my parents startes getting older and my time was better used for other things than griping about the Cowboys. I'll be very happy when and if we win it again. Right now, I just enjoy watching the games. I get mad or happy for about four hours a week and then move on. Especially now that Garrett is gone, because he sucked!!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I made that clear I thought, I don’t know why they are following the franchise. I would like one of them to answer that
People are passionate about the things they like. Some people may be more passionate about Cowboys football than you are, so they handle losing differently and in ways that you may not understand. They may have a lot invested emotionally in Cowboys football, so they are affected by wins and losses differently than others. I don't believe that people are "miserable" being a fan. I just believe that there are people that take loses worse than others, but they get over it and move on.

Cowboys football may have been there for them when life was hard for them. It might have good memories attached to it. It might be something they enjoyed doing with a family member that's not longer with us. It might be the only 4 hours of t he week that they can sit down and feel content. The fact it, we don't know, so we shouldn't judge.

Some things that bother you in life those people also may not understand either, but you understand it, and that's all that matters.

Everybody has their passions in life. I don't believe someone should just stop being a fan because the team makes unhappy sometimes. Because the same people that get down when we lose enjoy the wins in ways that you also couldn't understand.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don't care about the comradery, I get what you are saying. I used to be overly passionate about this team, but then a funny thing happened. I got a real job and real bills, them a wife and then a kid...them my parents startes getting older and my time was better used for other things than griping about the Cowboys. I'll be very happy when and if we win it again. Right now, I just enjoy watching the games. I get mad or happy for about four hours a week and then move on. Especially now that Garrett is gone, because he sucked!!
That's my thing, I don't care about this sit around the camp fire and everybody be buddies type of environment. If you're not winning games then you're part of the problem.

I'd rather have a team of people that can't stand each other, but come together on game days and just beats the soul out of opponents over a team that likes to hang out and go on vacation with each other and junk.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Totally disagree. We will always be America’s team stains come out of the woodwork when we start winning. Always will and always have

Any 'fan' comes out of the woodwork when a sports team wins.......sorry but Dallas has done nothing to deserve the title of America's Team but then again with the way America is lately perhaps it is in fact deserving given what Dallas has done.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Problem is A-T label represents different things for different fans.

It wasn’t intended to represent anything more than its popularity among TV viewers. We became the most viewed team in America. Which is by fans and those rooting against us.

It was a source of pride when we were having success in prior eras. But it’s become more of the target on our backs Landry feared it would be.

With that label come high expectations which is why so many football commentators and analysts had said Dallas is not America's Team.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's my thing, I don't care about this sit around the camp fire and everybody be buddies type of environment. If you're not winning games then you're part of the problem.

I'd rather have a team of people that can't stand each other, but come together on game days and just beats the soul out of opponents over a team that likes to hang out and go on vacation with each other and junk.
I've had both types of teams and coaching staffs. At my job, I wanted to win everyday and we worked our butt off to do it. The Cowboys became a way for me to forget my job for 4 hours a week. My job and MY team were my passion.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
With that label come high expectations which is why so many football commentators and analysts had said Dallas is not America's Team.
The analyst are right in the sense some fans view the label. Again , it goes back to definition of the label.

The only expectations of the label is that we remain the most viewed and popular franchise. It has nothing to do with success on the field.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The op is a fan of the cowboys because of the culture it represents?

I never have ever seen anyone say I love Jerry Jones culture before. Pretty amazing.
Hanging around drinking scotch? Sounds like a good culture to me! Lol

MikeB80

Reaction score
Hanging around drinking scotch? Sounds like a good culture to me! Lol

yea actually that sounds pretty great tbh, to bad that isn’t all he did. If he never was on tv/radio nor his sons and daughter except maybe once a year they would be more tolerable.

I just do not understand how anyone could like them.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The analyst are right in the sense some fans view the label. Again , it goes back to definition of the label.

The only expectations of the label is that we remain the most viewed and popular franchise. It has nothing to do with success on the field.

Which is sad that it has nothing to do with success and is a sign of the times within this nation.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The op is a fan of the cowboys because of the culture it represents?

I never have ever seen anyone say I love Jerry Jones culture before. Pretty amazing.
I was thinking Tom Landry Schramm. I was a fan way before Jerry even became a subject in purchasing the team

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I remember when the term America's team upset opposing fans now to see it upset some of our own is strange. Fact is when the term is used America's team people instantly know who you are talking about. It is not Tampa Bay, they are not talking about Kansas City or Patriots everyone knows the conversation is about the Dallas Cowboys. If that upsets some so be it, if you don't think they deserve it that is fine but again anytime that phrase is mentioned America's team everyone know who they are talking about and that is the Dallas Cowboys. Maybe like America has had her share of ups and downs so too have the Cowboys. Let hope both stand a bit taller in the future