Amon Ra St Brown signs New deal

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Well Lamb has been in the league one more year than Brown. So comparing their first 3 years

Lamb: 260 catches, 3396 yards, and 20tds

Brown: 315 catches, 3588 yards, and 21 tds.

So based off that, how can you say Lamb is in a different tier? You can probably say Brown is better at getting open
ahhh gotta love data

well done

Adreme

Reaction score
Wrong again. I said Brown this past season was better than Lamb two seasons ago. Youre the one who said," Brown is a good receiver and played more like Lamb did 2 years ago". Two seasons ago Lamb had 79 catches, 1102 yards and 6tds, yet you think Browns 119 catch, 1515 yards, and 10 tds is somehow similar? I wasnt comparing both their seasons two years ago, because you said in the quote that Browns season was similar to Lambs two years ago which is completely false
If we are going to compare random years that do not matter then Lamb last year was better than Brown as a rookie. That is about as coherent as your argument. Again you want to ignore the most recent sampling of football because it tears your argument to shreds. Lamb last year put up a year better than anything has Brown has done in his entire career (albeit a short career). Browns best year was last year and it was not close to Lamb (by any normal or advanced metric). Therefore, yes you can safely say Lamb is a tier above. Could Brown reach that tier this year? Sure but could is not the same as will. Lamb has reached that elite tier of production. Brown could reach it.

Basically if this were this time last year your argument would be sound but now we have new data to go off of and time only works in one direction.

ICP

Reaction score
Dumb & Dumber ALWAYS wait and the price always goes up

jwitten82

Reaction score
If we are going to compare random years that do not matter then Lamb last year was better than Brown as a rookie. That is about as coherent as your argument. Again you want to ignore the most recent sampling of football because it tears your argument to shreds. Lamb last year put up a year better than anything has Brown has done in his entire career (albeit a short career). Browns best year was last year and it was not close to Lamb (by any normal or advanced metric). Therefore, yes you can safely say Lamb is a tier above. Could Brown reach that tier this year? Sure but could is not the same as will. Lamb has reached that elite tier of production. Brown could reach it.

Basically if this were this time last year your argument would be sound but now we have new data to go off of and time only works in one direction.
Youre the one who chose the random years lol, I just pointed out you were wrong. You said Lamb reached an elite tier of production, so youre saying Brown wasnt elit last season? In what world is 119 catches for 1515 yards not elite tier production?

Lamb had 16 more catches, and 234 more yards. You consider that huge difference?
The fact is Brown and Lamb both had elite seasons and are in the top tier of receivers, and this past season was neither receivers first time putting up elite numbers. Im curious, who are your top tier pass rushers?

Adreme

Reaction score
Youre the one who chose the random years lol, I just pointed out you were wrong. You said Lamb reached an elite tier of production, so youre saying Brown wasnt elit last season? In what world is 119 catches for 1515 yards not elite tier production?

Lamb had 16 more catches, and 234 more yards. You consider that huge difference?
The fact is Brown and Lamb both had elite seasons and are in the top tier of receivers, and this past season was neither receivers first time putting up elite numbers. Im curious, who are your top tier pass rushers?
You keep shifting your own argument. This all started because of a weird desire to compare the first 3 years of both players because ignoring last year worked best for the argument. That was not my comparison because that comparison is dumb in context of who is currently the better player. Also nowhere in any post did I not say Brown did not have a great year but simply that Lamb was a cut above in every single category.

Lamb had more catches, more yards, more YPC, higher catch %, more TDs and you cite that gap as not large but here is the kicker: when you were talking about Brown you called a smaller gap "far superior" so yes if I am merely using YOUR words to drive home the point. If you consider a smaller gap far superior then surely you must consider this gap in stats the same if not moreso.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Trade him to Chicago for pick number 9. Draft Brian Thomas jr
they should trade him and draft another good wr this year or next year. maybe parsons too, and dak.
Avoid the giant contract guys, they are replaceable.
All 3 played poorly and were slackers in the GB game.

jwitten82

Reaction score
You keep shifting your own argument. This all started because of a weird desire to compare the first 3 years of both players because ignoring last year worked best for the argument. That was not my comparison because that comparison is dumb in context of who is currently the better player. Also nowhere in any post did I not say Brown did not have a great year but simply that Lamb was a cut above in every single category.

Lamb had more catches, more yards, more YPC, higher catch %, more TDs and you cite that gap as not large but here is the kicker: when you were talking about Brown you called a smaller gap "far superior" so yes if I am merely using YOUR words to drive home the point. If you consider a smaller gap far superior then surely you must consider this gap in stats the same if not moreso.
Your arguments are all over the place lol.
Youre the one who compared Brown this past season to Lamb two years ago. Reread your own post