Amon Ra St Brown signs New deal

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hasnt our offense been tops in the league too? I could've swore we led the league in scoring or least close to it
That's the thing. We went from outside the top 20 to one of the best in the league after week 5.....people don't remember it now but Dak went from one probably top 20 to a MVP candidate in the span of a season last year. Part of it was due to some blowouts....

Which btw, those blowouts also hurt Lamb's stats.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That's the thing. We went from outside the top 20 to one of the best in the league after week 5.....people don't remember it now but Dak went from one probably top 20 to a MVP candidate in the span of a season last year. Part of it was due to some blowouts....

Which btw, those blowouts also hurt Lamb's stats.
Well you also most likely don't remember, we were trying to be a running team with our tremendous addition of Schoonmaker, it failed miserably, and we went back to throwing the ball.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well you also most likely don't remember, we were trying to be a running team with our tremendous addition of Schoonmaker, it failed miserably, and we went back to throwing the ball.
I do remember that…how does that contradict what I said?

Adreme

Reaction score
Lol im just comparing both of their first 3 years. Maybe Brown takes the next step? He had 119 catches for 1515 catches on a team whose RBs had over 400 combined carries, theyre definitely in the same tier
They are not. Lamb had more catches, more yards, higher YPC, higher catch % (so you cant say they were all because of volume), and more TDs. Basically in every aspect of being a WR Lamb was better. Brown is a good receiver and played more like Lamb did 2 years ago so it is entirely possible he takes that next step to reach Lamb but right now he is not there.

Chasing6

Reaction score
They are not. Lamb had more catches, more yards, higher YPC, higher catch % (so you cant say they were all because of volume), and more TDs. Basically in every aspect of being a WR Lamb was better. Brown is a good receiver and played more like Lamb did 2 years ago so it is entirely possible he takes that next step to reach Lamb but right now he is not there.
Well with the price difference once CD is signed, we would then need need to re-evaluate.

Adreme

Reaction score
Well with the price difference once CD is signed, we would then need need to re-evaluate.
I mean the options are to either sign a top 5 WR or pay 80% of that money for someone far worse because players on that level rarely hit FA.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Where'd you get that? Almost anything I've ever read on success rates has receiver as one of the lowest.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/n...t-wrs-picked-history-shows-not-in-first-round

According to ESPN, the receiver position has recently had the lowest hit rate, based on first-round picks signing a second contract with the teams that drafted them. The data, which focused on 20 drafts between 2000 and 2019, showed a hit rate of just 27% for receivers.
Actually the success rate with first round wide receivers is pretty high. First round recievers have the highest rate of success in fact of any position

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Crazy paying $30+ million/year for any WR.
Would you rather all the tv money go to the greedy billionaires? I'll never understand yall being so anti-player. The salaries have increased in part because all of the money in the NFL. Teams wouldn't pay it if they didn't have it.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Lol he played like Lamb two years ago? Brown this past season played way better than Lamb did two years ago. You keep saying they're not in the same tier, but Brown was ranked second in catches and third in yards, so unless you think Lamb is in a tier of his own than youre just being ridiculous

Adreme

Reaction score
Lol he played like Lamb two years ago? Brown this past season played way better than Lamb did two years ago. You keep saying they're not in the same tier, but Brown was ranked second in catches and third in yards, so unless you think Lamb is in a tier of his own than youre just being ridiculous
Reading comprehension seems to be a struggle for you but I will try again. It does not matter if Brown last year was better than Lamb 2 years ago. It matters if Brown last year was better than Lamb last year. The answer is of course not. By every metric, and all the advanced ones as well, Lamb was far better. Now yes Brown COULD hypothetically reach that level this year but this is not the draft and players are what they are not what they could be.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Where'd you get that? Almost anything I've ever read on success rates has receiver as one of the lowest.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/n...t-wrs-picked-history-shows-not-in-first-round

According to ESPN, the receiver position has recently had the lowest hit rate, based on first-round picks signing a second contract with the teams that drafted them. The data, which focused on 20 drafts between 2000 and 2019, showed a hit rate of just 27% for receivers.
Reading comprehension seems to be a struggle for you but I will try again. It does not matter if Brown last year was better than Lamb 2 years ago. It matters if Brown last year was better than Lamb last year. The answer is of course not. By every metric, and all the advanced ones as well, Lamb was far better. Now yes Brown COULD hypothetically reach that level this year but this is not the draft and players are what they are not what they could be.
Well I think it does matter. I would rather extend a player before they have their best year ever. It will be significantly less money that way.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Lol youre not very smart. YOU said Brown this past season played like Lamb two years ago, which is completely false. Brown was far superior. Now Lamb did have a better season than Brown, (now this is where it gets hard for you, so try and follow along), but Lambs season did not put him a tier above Brown

Adreme

Reaction score
Lol youre not very smart. YOU said Brown this past season played like Lamb two years ago, which is completely false. Brown was far superior. Now Lamb did have a better season than Brown, (now this is where it gets hard for you, so try and follow along), but Lambs season did not put him a tier above Brown
By your metric Lamb had a far superior season to Brown (considering the gap between Lamb and Brown this season is larger than the one from 2 years ago in most of the categories). It also is a season at the level we have never seen from Brown. So putting it all together in the most recent full season from both Lamb was far superior and it was at a level Brown has not reached. Yes that is enough to put Lamb a tier above.

Now lets be clear had the Cowboys been smart and offered this deal last year its likely Lamb takes it and the money would start paying out at the exact same time.

jwitten82

Reaction score
By your metric Lamb had a far superior season to Brown (considering the gap between Lamb and Brown this season is larger than the one from 2 years ago in most of the categories). It also is a season at the level we have never seen from Brown. So putting it all together in the most recent full season from both Lamb was far superior and it was at a level Brown has not reached. Yes that is enough to put Lamb a tier above.

Now lets be clear had the Cowboys been smart and offered this deal last year its likely Lamb takes it and the money would start paying out at the exact same time.
Wrong again. I said Brown this past season was better than Lamb two seasons ago. Youre the one who said," Brown is a good receiver and played more like Lamb did 2 years ago". Two seasons ago Lamb had 79 catches, 1102 yards and 6tds, yet you think Browns 119 catch, 1515 yards, and 10 tds is somehow similar? I wasnt comparing both their seasons two years ago, because you said in the quote that Browns season was similar to Lambs two years ago which is completely false

Robster8989

Reaction score
Crazy paying $30+ million/year for any WR.
I really don't understand this reasoning, and I respectfully disagree.
Sadly this is how the Jones think a lot of the time.
The cap is skyrocketing.
Salaries are increasing as the cap increases.
Top WRs eclipse 30 mil in today's NFL. Expect Lamb, Jefferson and Chase to all top St. Browns deal.
It's all about % of the cap.
As the pie grows, the pieces get bigger.
The 2021 Covid affected cap was $182.5.
The 2024 cap is $255.4
A 30 mil deal today is 11.7% of the cap, that's the same as a 21.4 mil deal just 4 years ago, in 2021.
It's the same % of the cap as a $15.6 mil deal just 10 years ago. DeMarcus Ware made 16 mil in 2014. He was a superstar Edge rusher, so today's superstar Wideouts make about the same % of the cap as DWare 10 years ago. Was DWare overpaid? I don't think so.
Dwayne Johnson and Tom Cruise make 25 mil PER FILM. Look what Ohtani just signed for. They have longer careers and all their money is fully guaranteed, football players salaries are not fully guaranteed. I agree, it amazes me how much top athletes can make today, but it's in line. The NFL is HUGE, so the pie is big and getting bigger. It will continue so long as ad revenues continue to rise.