An arrest warrant out for top draft prospect Jalen Carter

Carson

Reaction score
Believe it or not, some tweeter saying he still gets drafted in top 15

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...-georgia-star-nfl-draft-prospect?platform=amp

Warrants out for arrest of Jalen Carter, ex-Georgia star and NFL draft prospect​

ESPN10:25 AM ET2 Minute Read
Police have secured arrest warrants for former Georgia star Jalen Carter stemming from the top NFL draft prospect's alleged involvement in a fatal crash involving a teammate.

The Athens-Clarke County Police Department announced Wednesday that Carter will be arrested for reckless driving and racing. The announcement came hours after The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that Carter was present at the scene of the Jan. 15 crash and later provided shifting accounts of the wreck to police.
Devin Willock, an offensive lineman for the Bulldogs, and recruiting staff member Chandler LeCroy were killed in what police initially reported as a single-vehicle accident.
Details of the investigation, released Wednesday, cited evidence that Carter and LeCroy were "operating their vehicles in a manner consistent with racing" shortly before the fatal crash.
"The evidence demonstrated that both vehicles switched between lanes, drove in the center turn lane, drove in opposite lanes of travel, overtook other motorists, and drove at high rates of speed, in an apparent attempt to outdistance each other," the police statement said.
Police investigators have determined that "alcohol impairment, racing, reckless driving, and speed were significant contributing factors to the crash."
A toxicology report indicated that LeCroy's blood alcohol concentration was .197 -- more than twice the legal limit in Georgia -- at the time of the crash, according to police. The 2021 Ford Expedition driven by LeCroy was travelling at about 104 mph shortly before the crash.
Carter is the No. 1 overall prospect in this year's draft, according to ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. He is not participating in the workout portion of this week's NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis but will conduct interviews with teams, undergo a physical and is scheduled to address reporters Wednesday.
Leave this for the tracks!!!!!

I was heavy into the car scene back in the day, but never was stupid enough to street race.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

I was heavy into the car scene back in the day, but never was stupid enough to street race.
That's just it..........this isn't some person playing with their cell phone or not paying attention. That's an accident.......this kid was drag racing on a public highway.

exciter

Reaction score
All this does is put the Eagles in the driver’s seat to get him at 10 without having to give up capital moving up. The belief that a couple misdemeanors is going to drop him to 26 or into the 2nd round is flat silly!

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Both charges against Carter are misdemeanors. He'll get a slap on the wrist and still go top 5.

But getting into a drunken street race is some seriously scummy decision making, and it ended exactly the way you'd expect. I'm just glad the victims weren't an uninvolved 3rd party.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah I'd wait for more facts. The one tweet says there are only two misdemeanors out on him. So it sounds like he was there, doing something dumb but wasn't involved or cause of the accident that killed the staffer.

But we will find out soon enough.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score

Meh, I street raced a lot back in the day. Challenger T/A 340 six pack. Mostly out on country roads and drag racing only. They sound like they were road racing although I really question their choice of vehicles for their endeavor. Except for the CHarger these were SUV's with high centers of gravity and on busy streets. High level athletes off a National Champion team with the "I am God " mentalities. Young and dumb !

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Both charges against Carter are misdemeanors. He'll get a slap on the wrist and still go top 5.

But getting into a drunken street race is some seriously scummy decision making, and it ended exactly the way you'd expect. I'm just glad the victims weren't an uninvolved 3rd party.
Not really sure how being involved in a crash that killed two people while speeding and drunk is not a felony unless there's some loophole where they can't prove his actions directly caused the crash.

Creeper

Reaction score
Not sure I understand. He was not driving the car that crashed, or in the car that crashed, and he did not cause the crash? He was just racing in another car with the car that crashed?

I don't see any charges involving jail time in this case. It is not the Josh Brent case, for example. But what does Goodell do about it? Drunk driving is going to get Goodell's attention. And is this a character issue? Immaturity? Intelligence? Who races a Ford Expedition? Or just young kids horsing around?

Full disclosure: When I was 19-20 I had a little muscle car I used to race around. We all did it. Quarter mile drag racing on the Garden State Parkway was not uncommon on weekend nights. I confess to having had a few beers during the mayhem as well since the drinking age back them was only 18. I once did pirouettes on the Parkway while driving my friend's hemi Cuda in a race. Somehow I managed to keep the car from smashing into the guard rail at 100 MPH or flipping it over with 2 passengers in the car with me. I broke a finger as I was wrestling with the steering wheel trying to get the car under control. Luck saved me that night. Stupid? Looking back, yes, absolutely. But at the time we thought it was the most fun ever! Fess up bros, who didn't get a little crazy behind the wheel at that age? And, no, I am not diminishing the deaths of two other young men. That is a tragedy of course. But I know that could have been my fate as well but for some incredible luck. I won't throw stones while standing in a glass house.

I think Carter will plea this out and get community service. By April, it will be forgotten. He did something stupid that 20 year old guys do.

Ken

Reaction score
Well we don't have to worry about the Eagles trading up to pair him and Jordan Davis. Which would not have been out of the question.
I'm not worried about anything regarding Jordan Davis....lol

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Not really sure how being involved in a crash that killed two people while speeding and drunk is not a felony unless there's some loophole where they can't prove his actions directly caused the crash.
The article says that the cops didn't notice any signs that Carter was drunk. My money says he had been drinking, but there is nothing concrete there to charge him with.