An arrest warrant out for top draft prospect Jalen Carter

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Another tragic day in the history of the sports franchise that is the hard lucked Chicago bears.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Not sure I understand. He was not driving the car that crashed, or in the car that crashed, and he did not cause the crash? He was just racing in another car with the car that crashed?

I don't see any charges involving jail time in this case. It is not the Josh Brent case, for example. But what does Goodell do about it? Drunk driving is going to get Goodell's attention. And is this a character issue? Immaturity? Intelligence? Who races a Ford Expedition? Or just young kids horsing around?

Full disclosure: When I was 19-20 I had a little muscle car I used to race around. We all did it. Quarter mile drag racing on the Garden State Parkway was not uncommon on weekend nights. I confess to having had a few beers during the mayhem as well since the drinking age back them was only 18. I once did pirouettes on the Parkway while driving my friend's hemi Cuda in a race. Somehow I managed to keep the car from smashing into the guard rail at 100 MPH or flipping it over with 2 passengers in the car with me. I broke a finger as I was wrestling with the steering wheel trying to get the car under control. Luck saved me that night. Stupid? Looking back, yes, absolutely. But at the time we thought it was the most fun ever! Fess up bros, who didn't get a little crazy behind the wheel at that age? And, no, I am not diminishing the deaths of two other young men. That is a tragedy of course. But I know that could have been my fate as well but for some incredible luck. I won't throw stones while standing in a glass house.

I think Carter will plea this out and get community service. By April, it will be forgotten. He did something stupid that 20 year old guys do.
We just had a case here in iowa where two motorcyclist were racing. One lost control crashed and died the other motorcyclist who was racing him was charged with vehicular homicide and is now in prison for 5 to 7 years after pleading down to a lesser charge of vehicular man slaughter

Carson

Reaction score
Meh, I street raced a lot back in the day. Challenger T/A 340 six pack. Mostly out on country roads and drag racing only. They sound like they were road racing although I really question their choice of vehicles for their endeavor. Except for the CHarger these were SUV's with high centers of gravity and on busy streets. High level athletes off a National Champion team with the "I am God " mentalities. Young and dumb !
Country roads with no cars I can get. It seemed this was on main roads and weaving in and out of traffic!

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
by racing him he was contributing to a crash that caused a death. Frankly I’m surprised he has not been charged with vehicular man slaughter Which I expect is because he is a top athlete and sports icon in Georgia. Guarantee if it was you or me we would be sitting in jail right now

Rayman70

Reaction score
Welcome to Dallas young man. Pick 58 has your name on it.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
The commissioner should put out a directive right now that the case is under investigation by the league.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We just had a case here in iowa where two motorcyclist were racing. One lost control crashed and died the other motorcyclist who was racing him was charged with vehicular homicide and is now in prison for 5 to 7 years after pleading down to a lesser charge of vehicular man slaughter
Sorry to hear this but was my thinking. Racing led to the death of two people.......I guess some state laws are different.

John813

Reaction score
I was going to say some places have made street racing punishments pretty strong if someone dies.
Be interesting if it sticks as misdemeanors.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Might this make the bears more likely to trade fields and draft Bryce young. If so I think Jerry should trade number 26 for fields. Then see if we can trade dak to Houston for a second That would be my move.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Might this make the bears more likely to trade fields and draft Bryce young. If so I think Jerry should trade number 26 for fields. Then see if we can trade dak to Houston for a second That would be my move.
I Prbly overstated daks value with his contract being what it is. The colts might be more likely since Houston can still get stroud but everything says that Houston covets young but they also love dak. So maybe the colts would give up their third or Houston their third but which are still top 70 picks. Could still get a quality corner.

rambo2

Reaction score
The Bears are likely to screw it up. 38 years and counting.

Creeper

Reaction score
I can see this but I can also see it the other way. I guess it depends on the state laws. I don't understand how someone a person can be held responsible for the death of another person who voluntarily chooses to become a party to a race. Who caused the accident, the person who chose to race and failed to maintain control of his vehicle, or the other guy he chose to race?