An Elite defense with Dak could be enough

cavemanct

Reaction score
The one thing the Cowboys have missed this era . Or shouid I say the biggest thing they’ve missed is building a top 5 caliber Elite defense .

Some fans forget even with HOF QB’s like Roger and Troy we had top caliber defenses . Doomsday was our motto.

But in this Cap era it’s difficult to build both . Most either have an Elite QB or Elite Defense . The Cowboys have not had either this era.
I think I saw the same thread last year

Brax

Reaction score
Just got a kick out of it. Many do the same thing. Its only the smart ones that realize its hard for a QB to do his job well with a bad line, no run game, injured receivers, and a bad calf all at the same time.

You made the transition in .5 seconds. Well done. Some on here never make it past..............."its Dak's fault".

Funny part is most of them are Romo apologists that defended Romo against the same kind of nonsense.
Too funny the head Dak apologist just used the excuses for Dak folding with all those jag’s he plays with on the #1 offense, also he brought his favorite whipping boy Romo into it. The smart ones know CR has been sniffing Dak’s jock too long and his brain is in a fog.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
The one thing the Cowboys have missed this era . Or shouid I say the biggest thing they’ve missed is building a top 5 caliber Elite defense .

Some fans forget even with HOF QB’s like Roger and Troy we had top caliber defenses . Doomsday was our motto.

But in this Cap era it’s difficult to build both . Most either have an Elite QB or Elite Defense . The Cowboys have not had either this era.
Nope, I don't think so, not as long as he a Cowboy. Not going to happen....................

basel90

Reaction score
the Trent Differ analogy s won't fly in today's NFL for Dak . If a QB cannot make the right reads against super bowl and CCG level opponents , the defense won't bail out the team like they did 15 or more years ago. Dak has to start showing he can win key games against top level competition in the playoffs. He has not shown any improvements in that area , one win in 5 tries , and the win happened in 2019 !!!
The loss to the 49ers was very painful . The 49ers scored only 23 points , which is not a lot in today's game , and Dan Quinn has done a great job with what he has . the offense only mustered 17 at home to a team that did not even make it to the super bowl.
I think the defense last year was vastly improved but the offense faltered . The pressure next season is immense on the offense . mainly on MM and Dak .

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That defense wasn't just elite. They were all time great. They won three straight games averaging less than 10 points on offense.

Yeah I actually don't think defenses can get that good anymore. Between free agency, salary cap and continual rule changes to favor offense we won't see a defense play at that level again. The Seahawks were the best defense of the last decade and they weren't on the same level as that Ravens defense or even the Bucs defense of '02. The NFL isn't allowing defense to be played at that level anymore.. Fantasy football nerds don't like defensive games.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah I actually don't think defenses can get that good anymore. Between free agency, salary cap and continual rule changes to favor offense we won't see a defense play at that level again. The Seahawks were the best defense of the last decade and they weren't on the same level as that Ravens defense or even the Bucs defense of '02. The NFL isn't allowing defense to be played at that level anymore.. Fantasy football nerds don't like defensive games.
While I agree with some of this I wouldn’t say the NFL isn’t allowing it , they are just making it tougher and not the popular aspect of the game.

Breaking news for all of these fantasy turds, defense can win championships. And if you don’t have one of these handful of Elite QB’s is your best chance with an average to above average QB.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
While I agree with some of this I wouldn’t say the NFL isn’t allowing it , they are just making it tougher and not the popular aspect of the game.

Breaking news for all of these fantasy turds, defense can win championships. And if you don’t have one of these handful of Elite QB’s is your best chance with an average to above average QB.

Yeah but the problem is that fantasy nerds don't much care if THEIR team wins the actual championship as long as THEIR team wins their fantasy football championship. I know it's an over generalization but it sure seems like it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It will be very difficult. They had two players in top 3 all time best in Lewis and Reed. And that DL was scary good.

Motorola

Reaction score
Time for the younger DLinemen - LBs - secondary players to step - starting in TC later this week.

Croomraider

Reaction score
I dont agree. I think our Wrs are pretty damn good, especially if the rookie 3rd rounder plays well. Gallup in a more featured roll I think is going to be damn good. I think the team will be much quicker this year to give Pollard much more time if Zeke is avg 3.3 ypc this year.
I think Gallup is an absolute beast!! Just don't know what week he actually comes back from injury?