An Epic Collapse by Falcons

Kaiser

Reaction score
practicing persiflage is not the same thing as attacking. i do not attack. the blue footed booby is one of my favorite birds.

Week One:

"We lost, Jerry sucks".

Week Two:

"We lost, Jer... oh wait, we won. Our opponent must really suck!!"

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I thought he made Coaching 101 mistakes in back to back games and I am beginning to wonder about his mindset with regards to risk taking. Did he get crossways with Rodgers in GB because he played it too conservatively? Remember that argument on the sideline with Rodgers? That was over his play calling.

Did he sit there last year vowing that if he got another chance he'd be more of a gambler? I've never seen a HC with his level of experience take these risks and the 2 point conversion was against the book and those defending it wouldn't be if not for a lucky onside kick. The success ratio of onside kicks is ridiculously low unless you're playing a stupid team with a poor STC.

The other thing I wonder about these risks, he's not calling the plays. The calls on that 4th and 3 and the 2 point conversion are both questionable to me.

The team is 1-1 but in my mind because there you are not what you're record says you are there, they are 0-2. That D is giving up an average of 29.5 points and the O averaging 28.5.

They were a lucky team yesterday. They made mistakes in ball protection and game management but were able to overcome that through not giving up and having a bad team as an opponent. This next one isn't as stupid as the one they got yesterday. They make teams pay for their mistakes.
Great take Coach!!

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Critics have to remain objective while holding their subjects feet to the fire. And give praise when it’s due.

We can’t always rely on the cheerleaders to accurately provide an objective view.

Of course forums are often filled with fans just here to cheer on their teams with other fans but there’s also many fans who use this platform to spin their narrative and perspective. It’s actually the driving force in social media.

Definitely agree, however, I’d say the usual suspects aren’t critics per say. They made up their mind that they don’t like Dak and are willing to stay on that boat regardless

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Definitely agree, however, I’d say the usual suspects aren’t critics per say. They made up their mind that they don’t like Dak and are willing to stay on that boat regardless
I’m not really interested in liking or hating. Im 66 years old. My fetishes are over for players the age of grandsons. I’m into realistic evaluation and critique of ability and performance.

cern

Reaction score
Of course. But I’m not sure you are appreciating the levity of the mark achieved being the 1st team to overcome.
Here's another stat you'll like. Mac has never lost a game in at&t stadium.

cern

Reaction score
Did mac make mistakes, or is it more likely that it is the opinion of many he made mistakes. I think the latter.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I’m not really interested in liking or hating. Im 66 years old. My fetishes are over for players the age of grandsons. I’m into realistic evaluation and critique of ability and performance.

then I may not be talking about you when I say the usual crowd

jnday

Reaction score
Atlanta is known for blowing big leads, but I am glad that the Cowboys are finally on the winning side of one of these games. The coaching was bad, the turnovers were terrible, the defense is horrendous and the offense waited until the second half to show up just like they did in so many games last season. If they don’t start playing better in the first half of games, it will be a long season because they are not going to be able to comeback against good teams.

Big_D

Reaction score
Atlanta is known for blowing big leads, but I am glad that the Cowboys are finally on the winning side of one of these games. The coaching was bad, the turnovers were terrible, the defense is horrendous and the offense waited until the second half to show up just like they did in so many games last season. If they don’t start playing better in the first half of games, it will be a long season because they are not going to be able to comeback against good teams.

They need to play better and smarter. They won't be facing stupid teams every week.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Did mac make mistakes, or is it more likely that it is the opinion of many he made mistakes. I think the latter.
He made some very questionable decisions that are openly being criticized . And some of his reasonings are weird if not borderline dumb.

Especially the 2 point conversion explanation. I’ve never heard such a scheme before.

My question is was he a Riverboat gambler in Green Bay?

Last edited:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
He made some very questionable decisions that are openly being criticized . And some of his reasonings are weird if not borderline dumb.

Especially the 2 point conversion explanation. I’ve never heard such a scheme before.

My question is was he a Riverboat gambler in Green Bay?
Maybe this analyst on ESPN can explain it to you on the 2-point conversion. Starts at about 3:55 on this video:

incidentally, does it look like the Cowboys seafome green pants are more blue here?

Also, they say some good things about CeeDee Lamb at about 3:20.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Watching the kick I'm thinking, didn't even go ten yards that's game. How none of them thought to even touch it is mind boggling
Yeah, at first I didn’t think it was even going to make it 10 yards.

We’re not used to that spinning kick, I think.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
He followed analytics on the 2 point conversion but the majority of people think it was a mistake. That’s really on the people for not knowing the thinking behind that view.

I liked the first fake punt and it should have been a first down there. The second fake punt was in a spot that I probably wouldn’t have done it, but I do like the aggression.

I typically like to go for it on fourth and short, depending on the field position and the score.

Overall, the second fake punt is the only real gripe that I have.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
This last win was as improbable as there is in football history.

Turnovers started being statistically stored in 1933 and since then teams scoring 39+ points without committing a turnover were 440 - 0.

Now it is 440 - 1.

Let that sink in.

I thought this would end up being the worst slaughtering absorbed in 30 + years watching this team during that 1st quarter.

I got to the point where I was just laughing in insanity.

What resilience for this team to end up winning this game.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Now the Cowboys are averaging a whopping 0.5 take aways per game. About right for this time of year for this group.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Now the Cowboys are averaging a whopping 0.5 take aways per game. About right for this time of year for this group.

That's definitely got to get better and not an easy task playing against Russell Wilson this week. I guess they're your team?