An Epic Collapse by Falcons

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Fortunately we faced a team bad enough to find a way to lose. And a coaching staff worse than ours thus far. Quinn was already on the hot seat. He might not last the season.

I'd take Quinn over Garrett any day. At least he played to win and tried many times to put the dagger into us. With Garrett, he doesn't care if he wins or lose. He has a job, Jerry loves him and no matter what, he is part of the Jones family.

Unfortunately for him Steven canned him.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Yes, like that. Great QB’s do it time and time again.

He can’t win it on his own. Wilson will likely rip our defense apart. And their defense could embarrass our bewildered OL. It could be the blowout you predicted in this game. Unless Dak can keep us in it.

Seattle's defense sucks. Cam Newton tore them apart like a piece of paper.

I'm not sure we can stop Wilson though. Maybe it might be a blowout. But I'm guessing we will have a field day with their defense.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
That's definitely got to get better and not an easy task playing against Russell Wilson this week. I guess they're your team?
No. Some of our fans were unhappy in 2018 because we made the playoffs and they wanted draft position instead. In their minds there was no way the Cowboys were good enough to win a playoff game. I encouraged them to just root for the Seahawks and showed them how easy it was to just say “Go Seahawks” and root for tha draft pick instead of a victory.

In order to do that you have to contribute to the site and you can update that status. I left the board for several months after that game and I am now stuck with it unless I pay money, which I won’t do again. Oh, well.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Brandon Marshall explained it the best. They are trained not to fall on the ball if they don't think it is going to make the 10 yards. Their is a risk if they try to fall on it and they don't get it. The best thing to do is leave it be, if it wont make the 10 yards. That kick was a thing of beauty, the pace, the spin on it, it really confused the ATL players. I think they knew the rules, but they followed their training. For all Cowboy haters saying that was a gift, I would say, that was one hell of a kick.

That was an incredible mesmerizing football spin kick that was difficult to determine if it would even go 10 yards considering the loop like angle it travelled. Then we timed it perfectly to pounce on the ball and also fight to keep it in our possession, not exactly a joyful, relaxing experience with the game on the line.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'd take Quinn over Garrett any day. At least he played to win and tried many times to put the dagger into us. With Garrett, he doesn't care if he wins or lose. He has a job, Jerry loves him and no matter what, he is part of the Jones family.

Unfortunately for him Steven canned him.
You believe Cheapskate Son has taken over ?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
No. Some of our fans were unhappy in 2018 because we made the playoffs and they wanted draft position instead. In their minds there was no way the Cowboys were good enough to win a playoff game. I encouraged them to just root for the Seahawks and showed them how easy it was to just say “Go Seahawks” and root for tha draft pick instead of a victory.

In order to do that you have to contribute to the site and you can update that status. I left the board for several months after that game and I am now stuck with it unless I pay money, which I won’t do again. Oh, well.

It's a part of history now. Interesting story.

khiladi

Reaction score
Atlanta is known for blowing big leads, but I am glad that the Cowboys are finally on the winning side of one of these games. The coaching was bad, the turnovers were terrible, the defense is horrendous and the offense waited until the second half to show up just like they did in so many games last season. If they don’t start playing better in the first half of games, it will be a long season because they are not going to be able to comeback against good teams.

This offense only moves consistently up-tempo, against bad teams. Them crapping the bed in the first half is consistent with this team. the Miami game of last year bring a typical example, where Dak on the offense sputtered and sucked, only to score three TDs in the third quarter where Moore had them going up-tempo.

Further, bad teams give up too much, playing soft and prevent and they completely lose momentum in such situations. Also when your down a lot, the pressure actually comes off and you start taking more risks. That’s why Dak tends to pile up garbage time stats in these situations.

Last edited: