An interesting over view of the Dak contract dilemma

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Prescott experiment is a failure.
GM Jerry goofed big time when he thought he had found lighting in a bottle with a 4th round comp pick and let a true Franchise QB walk away.
4 years later our offense and esp our passing game against good defense is non-existent and kicking FG is now a way of life for us.
The sooner this FO realizes the above and moves on the better.
Year 5 coming up and I don't know about you guys but since his rookie year Dak is a DUD!
Now you go right ahead and blame the coaching,offline,Zeke,defense,but in the end without a quality QB we are just spinning our Cowboy spurs!
FG anyone?????

P.S. There is bright side so far as they haven't given Dak that new mega-deal and by the looks of things worst case is another year with the tag for him and then he's gone as year 5 will be just like last 4 years.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
GM Jerry goofed big time when he thought he had found lighting in a bottle with a 4th round comp pick and let a true Franchise QB walk away.
4 years later our offense and esp our passing game against good defense is non-existent and kicking FG is now a way of life for us.
Year 5 coming up and I don't know about you guys but since his rookie year Dak is a DUD!
Now you go right ahead and blame the coaching,offline,Zeke,defense,but in the end without a quality QB we are just spinning our Cowboy spurs!
FG anyone?????

P.S. There is bright side so far as they haven't given Dak that new mega-deal and by the looks of things worst case is another year with the tag for him and then he's gone as year 5 will be just like last 4 years.
You're a failure.

Be gone Troll.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
FG anyone?????

Good points.

I am in agreement about the Franchise Tag this year coming up.

Like we have done with Garrett..do not extend until we know Dak can do it.

If in 2020 we have a new HC we will see if they work together.If not we let Dak go and be happy we never sign that big deal and go shopping for a QB or draft one.

I think it is way smarter to answer the HC question before the QB question.

Let Dak test the market after next year. I think I few teams will pay his contract after he fails to get to the next level.

I have a suspicion that Dak has already hit his ceiling and $20 mil is about where we should start with him and if he improves..

tear up his deal and reward him.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He's absolutely wrong. Brady got a 2 year extension this year which is paying him $35 million per. Another intentionally misinforming whiner.
Yeah I thought he was wrong about Brady.

But after 6 SBs..

he deserves the extension.

But the overall points made here I agree.

Dak has not clarified anything in 4 years.

Everybody thought Amari would change everything.

It has not.

Bringing Witten back as a security blanket has not.

Signing Quinn and Bennett has not

Nor Zeke.

This is a problem for Dak.

And a problem that has to have the correct answer.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah I thought he was wrong about Brady.

But after 6 SBs..

he deserves the extension.

But the overall points made here I agree.

Dak has not clarified anything in 4 years.

Everybody thought Amari would change everything.

It has not.

Bringing Witten back as a security blanket has not.

Signing Quinn and Bennett has not

Nor Zeke.

This is a problem for Dak.

And a problem that has to have the correct answer.
The league's highest paid Oline has not played up to their potential. They don't fire out, don't push the pile back but instead get pushed back repeatedly, and definitely, they do not create the same holes for Zeke as they used to years past. Our WRs are leading the league in dropped catchable passes. Let that sink in for a minute. Throw in the questionable play calling, bad situational football decisions and constant drive-killing penalties, well, it's no wonder this offense has struggled to score lots of points at times and lost 6 games.

This is not even including our very problematic Defense. But, hey, I guess it is easier just to blame Dak.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
To reinforce another poster's comment:

Tom Brady re-upped with a 2 year, $70MM contract. 70 divided by 2 = 35. I know the math is advanced, but if a commentator wants to be taken seriously, he should at least get some basic facts straight.

Dude is no different than anyone else here. He has an opinion. It's exactly as valid as mine or yours.

-

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The league's highest paid Oline has not played up to their potential. They don't fire out, don't push the pile back but instead get pushed back repeatedly, and definitely, they do not create the same holes for Zeke as they used to years past. Our WRs are leading the league in dropped catchable passes. Let that sink in for a minute. Throw in the questionable play calling, bad situational football decisions and constant drive-killing penalties, well, it's no wonder this offense has struggled to score lots of points at times and lost 6 games.

This is not even including our very problematic Defense. But, hey, I guess it is easier just to blame Dak.

LOL....here man some more excuses as I have a feeling by seasons end you will need them.

superonyx

Reaction score
Good points.

If in 2020 we have a new HC we will see if they work together.If not we let Dak go and be happy we never sign that big deal and go shopping for a QB or draft one.

Let Dak test the market after next year. I think I few teams will pay his contract after he fails to get to the next level.

I have a suspicion that Dak has already hit his ceiling and $20 mil is about where we should start with him and if he improves..

Why do so many fans make statements that they would be ok with Dak at $20m per year but not $30m? Does what we are paying him really matter when it comes to what he adds to the team?

Starting QBs in the NFL now get paid 30m per year. The ones who aren’t being paid this will be once they get new contracts.

so my thought is if Dak is a starting QB he gets paid his $30m. If he isnt worth this then he isn’t a starting QB and he needs to go.

Btw...I want him here. I believe he is an excellent QB and is worth more than Carson Wentz, Cousins, Garappolo, Goff ect.

you don’t just go shopping for a new QB. Who is available for cheaper? No one. If a QB is solid starter their team would pay them $30m and not let him go. Chasing a rookie and giving away your next several drafts has not proven to work either.

superonyx

Reaction score
Good points.

I would pause if I found myself agreeing with this troll. He is a joke around here. He’s that crazy dude who roams around the park and the local teenagers torment just to watch him get fired up. Seriously. There are a few trolls on this board that take extremist views and only post this nonsense. No objective analysis from him.

if I ever find myself agreeing with one of these extremist trolls I would pull back a bit from these thoughts. I don’t take you as one of these posters.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would pause if I found myself agreeing with this troll. He is a joke around here. He’s that crazy dude who roams around the park and the local teenagers torment just to watch him get fired up. Seriously. There are a few trolls on this board that take extremist views and only post this nonsense. No objective analysis from him.

if I ever find myself agreeing with one of these extremist trolls I would pull back a bit from these thoughts. I don’t take you as one of these posters.

Someone tell this guy when it comes to being a joke superonyx has the market cornered!
Take your insults and foul mouth away from this healthy Cowboy forum!

Brax

Reaction score
To reinforce another poster's comment:

Tom Brady re-upped with a 2 year, $70MM contract. 70 divided by 2 = 35. I know the math is advanced, but if a commentator wants to be taken seriously, he should at least get some basic facts straight.

Dude is no different than anyone else here. He has an opinion. It's exactly as valid as mine or yours.

-
isn't that simple , looks more like 23Mil then voids on second year
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pa...ontract-makes-him-free-agent-next-year-report

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Dak is worth a contract but it is hard to know what to pay him. If Dallas goes the route of the franchise tag then I'd like to see them draft a QB high so they have some options the following season. Tagging Dak just makes the numbers that much higher the following year.

basel90

Reaction score
FG anyone?????

Dak is average and won’t beat any good teams . We already know his mediocrity. Every single game against top 10 teams , he loses and is exposed . It is a messy situation. And the sad thing is he thinks he is a star .

superonyx

Reaction score
Someone tell this guy when it comes to being a joke superonyx has the market cornered!
Take your insults and foul mouth away from this healthy Cowboy forum!
Truth hurts doesnt it?

You have made yourself a joke around here. Almost every post you make is followed by someone calling you a troll for a reason.
You don't even try to post anything even a little bit interesting. You offer no insight no objective analysis. You are the definition of a troll on this forum.

I guess if I lacked the ability to intelligently discuss the topics and I needed attention I would also.......................nah. I would just shut up.

You repeat the same garbage over and over. What makes you think repeating yourself makes anything you say more legit?
Your not innocent. Your trolling is on purpose. I doubt you even believe what you type.

Stsinaz12

Reaction score
FG anyone?????

I think they will sign him and double down on the o line...what's your alternative? Who would you sign?