An interesting over view of the Dak contract dilemma

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Lol people still think Dak will get less than $30 million. The Cowboys front office opened negotiations with $30 million and Dak stock has gone up since then.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The Prescott experiment is a failure.
GM Jerry goofed big time when he thought he had found lighting in a bottle with a 4th round comp pick and let a true Franchise QB walk away.
4 years later our offense and esp our passing game against good defense is non-existent and kicking FG is now a way of life for us.
The sooner this FO realizes the above and moves on the better.
Year 5 coming up and I don't know about you guys but since his rookie year Dak is a DUD!
Now you go right ahead and blame the coaching,offline,Zeke,defense,but in the end without a quality QB we are just spinning our Cowboy spurs!
FG anyone?????

P.S. There is bright side so far as they haven't given Dak that new mega-deal and by the looks of things worst case is another year with the tag for him and then he's gone as year 5 will be just like last 4 years.
Troll.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yeah I thought he was wrong about Brady.

But after 6 SBs..

he deserves the extension.

But the overall points made here I agree.

Dak has not clarified anything in 4 years.

Everybody thought Amari would change everything.

It has not.

Bringing Witten back as a security blanket has not.

Signing Quinn and Bennett has not

Nor Zeke.

This is a problem for Dak.

And a problem that has to have the correct answer.
How do you spin the Cowboys having the #1 offense in the entire NFL? This should be good.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
GM Jerry goofed big time when he thought he had found lighting in a bottle with a 4th round comp pick and let a true Franchise QB walk away.

Romo never played another down in the NFL after the Cowboys "let" him walk away, and he never got the Cowboys any further than Dak.

We can talk about Dak's future, but Romo was never going to be part of it.

superonyx

Reaction score
4 years later our offense and esp our passing game against good defense is non-existent and kicking FG is now a way of life for us.
Year 5 coming up and I don't know about you guys but since his rookie year Dak is a DUD!
Now you go right ahead and blame the coaching,offline,Zeke,defense,but in the end without a quality QB we are just spinning our Cowboy spurs!
FG anyone?????

P.S. There is bright side so far as they haven't given Dak that new mega-deal and by the looks of things worst case is another year with the tag for him and then he's gone as year 5 will be just like last 4 years.
giphy.gif

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Truth hurts doesnt it?

You have made yourself a joke around here. Almost every post you make is followed by someone calling you a troll for a reason.
You don't even try to post anything even a little bit interesting. You offer no insight no objective analysis. You are the definition of a troll on this forum.

I guess if I lacked the ability to intelligently discuss the topics and I needed attention I would also.......................nah. I would just shut up.

You repeat the same garbage over and over. What makes you think repeating yourself makes anything you say more legit?
Your not innocent. Your trolling is on purpose. I doubt you even believe what you type.
BOOM!!!! :clap::thumbup::bow::yourock:
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
He's absolutely wrong. Brady got a 2 year extension this year which is paying him $35 million per. Another intentionally misinforming whiner.

Right. And certainly Dak deserves to be paid like a guy who has led his team to 9 Super Bowls and won 6 of them.

Even if the guy is wrong, that even bolsters the point.
No way in heck Dak deserves Brady Money.
Frankly, nobody does.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
he can stay here as long as your trolled the other board.
Be gone troll.
Being factually correct does not make one a troll.

Being factually wrong does.

Guess which ones he and I fall under? I'm betting you'll get that wrong as well.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I would pause if I found myself agreeing with this troll. He is a joke around here. He’s that crazy dude who roams around the park and the local teenagers torment just to watch him get fired up. Seriously. There are a few trolls on this board that take extremist views and only post this nonsense. No objective analysis from him.

if I ever find myself agreeing with one of these extremist trolls I would pull back a bit from these thoughts. I don’t take you as one of these posters.

I agree with most of what he posts, regarding Dak.

So he doesn't belly up to the Kool Aid tub and swill away, talking about how awesome Dak is and how "blessed" we are to have him wearing the Star.

Saying Dak deserves $40 million a year is an extremist view to some of us. If you want to argue the opinion, feel free, but when your only response is "Quit trolling and everyone else, don't agree with him because he's trolling" that's telling.

Come on, make a defense of Daks wildly inconsistent play that doesn't involve the words "Garrett" or "Zeke" or "Poor blocking" or "drops" or "rain" or "gloves" or some other deflector.

You can't, because doing so would force you to admit that many times, he misses a lot of plays. That happens to everyone. but it happens to him a lot more.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Right. And certainly Dak deserves to be paid like a guy who has led his team to 9 Super Bowls and won 6 of them.

Even if the guy is wrong, that even bolsters the point.
No way in heck Dak deserves Brady Money.
Frankly, nobody does.
Dak will for sure get $30 million per year, and he certainly deserves more than Wince and Goff, so guess where at a minimum that leaves him?

Hint: Tony Dorsett wore this jersey number. Just add a million at the end of it.

:popcorn:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Why do so many fans make statements that they would be ok with Dak at $20m per year but not $30m? Does what we are paying him really matter when it comes to what he adds to the team?

Starting QBs in the NFL now get paid 30m per year. The ones who aren’t being paid this will be once they get new contracts.

so my thought is if Dak is a starting QB he gets paid his $30m. If he isnt worth this then he isn’t a starting QB and he needs to go.

Btw...I want him here. I believe he is an excellent QB and is worth more than Carson Wentz, Cousins, Garappolo, Goff ect.

you don’t just go shopping for a new QB. Who is available for cheaper? No one. If a QB is solid starter their team would pay them $30m and not let him go. Chasing a rookie and giving away your next several drafts has not proven to work either.

I don't want him here period.
I want us to move on.

Period.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
FG anyone?????

What a stupid post

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Yeah I thought he was wrong about Brady.

But after 6 SBs..

he deserves the extension.

But the overall points made here I agree.

Dak has not clarified anything in 4 years.

Everybody thought Amari would change everything.

It has not.

Bringing Witten back as a security blanket has not.

Signing Quinn and Bennett has not

Nor Zeke.

This is a problem for Dak.

And a problem that has to have the correct answer.

Careful Red Ball
you will be dismissed as a troll for having independent thoughts.

That kind of stuff doesn't fly around here. Funny how the same people who constantly criticize Jerry for being an insane idiot who knows nothing about football, are in lockstep with him on their opinions regarding Dak. And that doesn't give them pause, at all.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Dak will for sure get $30 million per year, and he certainly deserves more than Wince and Goff, so guess where at a minimum that leaves him?

Hint: Tony Dorsett wore this jersey number. Just add a million at the end of it.

:popcorn:

WE'll see. Truthfully, I have no doubt that Jerry will gum this up like he does everything else.
He'll grossly overpay to keep Dak in Dallas. People like you will be excited as heck, and tell people like me how "wrong" we were.

And then at the end of the day, in 10 years, all will be forgotten, the Cowboys will still have 5 Super Bowls, and we'll find something else to argue about.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Too bad for you detractors Dak is staying. We all know it. Demanding he be gone just makes one a whiner since it's not happening.

No, it just makes me someone with a different opinion.

Do you want Jerry to relinquish his GM duties? Be honest.

We all know that isn't going to happen. Does that make you a whiner?
or just someone with a differing opinion?