An interesting question to ask...

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
How many of y'all have been a fan of this team - and THIS team only - prior to, oh let's say, 1990?

An interesting dynamic methinks to see how many of "us" are long-timers (such as moi), bandwagon jumpers since the days of Jimmy, Jerry, and the 'boys, or those who are becoming new fans.

:starspin

parchy

Reaction score
*Raises hand*

Ya know, I don't feel the same way about the bandwagon jumpers as I used to. For sitting through those 5-11 and 6-10 seasons, if they're still around (which a lot of them are) I say the more the merrier. We've definitely heard them in road games this year.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
I can put my hand on the Holy Bible and say that I have been since I was young/old enough to remember and understand what was going on through a TV screen. I can't put an exact date, but I'd guess sometime in the mid '70s. I was born in '73.

All it took to pull me in was watching the GREAT Roger Staubach scrambling around and bringing the Cowboys to a comeback victory. I don't remember who the other team was, I just remember watching him sling the ball around and I have been hooked ever since.

This may sound very weird, but I guess you can say it was football love at first site.

WIN OR LOSE, IT'S ALL ABOUT THE COWBOYS AND ALWAYS WILL BE...even if they sign t.o. next year.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Since the '73 season.
Everybody thought the Dolphins were so great, then I found out Dallas spanked them in the SB the year before.
Also saw Roger pull off some amazing comebacks and was hooked.
The Hail Mary a few years later, after taking abuse from my sisters boyfriend for most of that game, sealed it for me.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
I was born in '75...been a fan as long as I can remember, definitely the early 80s. Danny White was my favorite player when I was little...mainly because we share the same first name (thats all it takes sometimes for a young kid I guess). My whole family are diehard Giants fans, so that was/is always a battle.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
Hell yeah. I went through the 1-15 season and was still proud to be a fan. :starspin

purgatoryruss

Reaction score
well I'm 35 and can produce the pictures of me running around in my Cowboy jammies. And remember getting a free superbowl poster at MCdonalds for the superbowl with the steelers for saying the ingredients to a Big Mac.

heavyg

Reaction score
Right here. Been a fan for as long as I can remember. After Roger for sure. Never saw him play. Was a big fan of Danny white

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
I've been a Cowboys fan since the first game I remember watching on TV, Cowboys-Commanders in 1975, when I was 5.

godofwar

Reaction score
Yep, I'm 29 years old, and have been a Cowboy fan since I was eight years old. The first game I ever really sat down and watched was a Cowboy game. I've been hooked ever since.

alancdc

Reaction score
I don't remember the first time we lost to Pittsbutg, but do remember us killing old Cowboy Craig Morton in 1977.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Since I was around 6 or 7 and I was born in 1969.

Cbz has been a football since his 40's when they wore leather helmets :D

gbrittain

Reaction score
I was raised a Cowboy fan since as long as I can remember. That makes me a Cowboy fan since 1972.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Me too. Raised a Boys fan and have never changed. Thank God those 5-11 seasons are behind us. Lets just say I was in a Depression for those three years where I wouldnt leave my room or watch any football.

zagnut

Reaction score
Since 1978. I was also 7. Seems to be a popular number.

However, I don't remember Staubach at QB at all -- only Danny White and after -- so I may not have been truly a diehard until 1980.

Also don't think I saw them in the Super Bowl in 78, or even knew what a Super Bowl was, so I didn't jump on any bandwagon then either. They were just one of the first 2 teams I ever watched, the other being the Giants.

Hoov

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Since I was around 6 or 7 and I was born in 1969.

Cbz has been a football since his 40's when they wore leather helmets :D

i was born in '69 too.... great year and a great number :D

been a cowboys fan from the time i knew what football was. that would be about 5 years old.

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is going to cop to being a "bandwagoner" on this board. I'm 36 and my first Cowboy memory is a pre-game video montage set to "Mama's Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys" that was played just before kickoff of the Super Bowl against Denver. I became a rabid fan after watching underrated Danny White, lead Dallas to victory over Atlanta in 1980. Since then, I've spent way too much time and emotional energy fretting over this team. Wouldn't have it any other way.