An interesting question to ask...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
1975.......Dallas/Chicago. Never forget it.....except who won.
icon11.gif

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I've been a fan since 1973 when I was 5 yrs old. it's some of the best memories I have of my father, sitting around the tv cheering on the Boys. It is now becoming a basis for some of my memories with my 5 year old son.

cowboygolfer

Reaction score
My daddy was a Cowboys fan, I am a Cowboys fan, and my two boys are Cowboys fans. Born 1972 watched every week with my dad for as long as I can remember. I am proud to say that my boys now watch with me.

By the way I get to return home for the final game of the year against the horns to watch another with teh old man and now his grand kids.

BY teh way I got no problem with the bandwagoners they turn solid once they hang in there through the lean years as well.

1 & 15 or 15 & 1 I will be there and I venture to say most of you will as well.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
I dont remember the year but I started when Stubach, D white, Ed too tall Jones, Tony D was playing, But how many of us can name the QB's since 1990???

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Fan since birth....1971. All that I wanted when I was 4 years old for Christmas was a Dallas Cowboys belt-buckle....I still have it somewhere.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Since we lost to Baltimore Colts by that field goal.....never missed a game since.......CrazyCowboy is the #1 fan

The rest of you get in line!

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I always watched games with my dad since the day I was born, 1988 yeah I'm a youngun. I was always quotted as saying "eightman" instead of Aikman, I mean to a little kid it made sense. Troy is my hero and always will be. I wear #8 in baseball and #80 in football. But the first game I actually remember watching was superbowl XXX, so it started with good memories then went down hill. But since then I have only missed watching 1 game, the loss between the skins and cowboys a couple of years ago, I was vacationing in Denver and the boys weren't on tv, stupid Broncos.

Anyway thats my Cowboy fan history

ntamez

Reaction score
I'll admit that I didn't start "following" the Cowboys until 1991 but my parents were diehard fans since the 70's.

Haven't missed a game since the playoff game against the Bears in 1991. If I can sit through the Dave Campo years I can sit through anything.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
fortdick said:
Damn Pops! I will stay off your lawn!

:bow:

As long as you agree w/me ......you are welcome in my yard. :D

Be careful of the gators.

PA Cowboy

Reaction score
I've been a fan since the '77 - '78 season when the Boys beat Broncos in the SB. I lived and died through the promising and dissappointing 80's. The only game I've been to is the win against the Skins at RFK in the 1-15 '89 season. Went with a couple Skins fans. It was a sweet ride home!!! The early to mid 90's were fantastic. Would have been four SBs in four years if then Niner Deion Sanders had been flagged for PI against Irvin in the NFC Championship game. Suffering through the recent drought. You guys and gals have made it interesting the last couple years mainly reading the comments and getting some inside scoop. Have high hopes for BP and the up and coming Boys. Looking forward to victory over the Skins this Sunday and on to the playoffs!!!

:skins:

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
zagnut said:
Since 1978. I was also 7. Seems to be a popular number.

However, I don't remember Staubach at QB at all -- only Danny White and after -- so I may not have been truly a diehard until 1980.

Also don't think I saw them in the Super Bowl in 78, or even knew what a Super Bowl was, so I didn't jump on any bandwagon then either. They were just one of the first 2 teams I ever watched, the other being the Giants.

Yeah I'm roughly in the same boat. I remember Staubach, but was too young to really 'get it' I was 8 in '78.

Sadly, the first real strong memory of my cowboy fandom was that damn "Catch"

VThokie7

Reaction score
Well I'd love to be able to say i've been a fan before the early 90's however i'm only 21 now. I can't place exactly when I became a Cowboys fan, but I remember the Commanders won the Super Bowl in 1991 (I'm from Maryland in the heart of Skins country) and my family rooting for them rebelling towards the Cowboys. I've been a Cowboys fan for practically my entire life and have enjoyed almost every minute.