Analysis: Dak vs Bills

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel ya but run wild is a pretty straight shooter and he doesn’t hate dak.

But everybody has their view. I’m just visiting this thread.

There are dozens of threads on CZ that the Garrett and the coaching staff are incompetent.

Then many of the same people also try to blame Dak or other players.

Garrett and staff were terrible coaching the Bills game.

Dak had to go to extremes just to give them a chance.

Meanwhile, Belichick often puts Brady into position where is he were a basketball player, he would just need to hit 60% of his free throws and they win.

With Garrett as HC, Dak has to hit 99.99% of his free throws or they lose. They also move the free thrown line back by 20 feet when Garrett is the HC.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Dak's 2nd run to get a 1st down.
    • Dak made an incredible effort to run for a 1st down.
    • This was the 2nd incredible effort to get a 1st down.
    • The 1st time was prior to the 4th down when Garrett went for it at the Dallas 20 yard line.

That was my favorite play of the game, mostly because you could tell Dak was going to level the CB several yards before contact.

This game was really the perfect microcosm of the 2019 season. A lot of individual talent and then losing badly because of mistakes and turnovers.

817Gill

Reaction score
You should be banned...for life. Seriously, you have issues.
The man puts in hours of film work just to provide information to an ungrateful forum. Whether you like the info or not this man puts time and effort in when he really doesn’t have to. Insulting someone as your first comment on a thread and not trying to engage in an actual football discussion should get posters banned

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Examples of Semantics: A toy block could be called a block, a cube, a toy. A child could be called a child, kid, boy, girl, son, daughter. The word "run" has many meanings-physically running, depart or go (I have to run, spent (it has run its course), or even a snag in a pair of hose (a run in my hose).

But a block cannot be called a sphere. a whiff is a total miss, a swing and a miss, Bolding the word semantics doesn't make a car an airplane. Yours is an example of hyperbole. It isnt a cute or funny literary license your for which you are aiming

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whiff
whiff
In fighting games:

The act of performing a move that fails to connect with the opponent, whether it be on hit or on block.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...hiff-with-wicked-juke-to-pick-up-a-first-down

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score

He never lost engagement and slowed him up with an intial punch. The snap was at 2:31 and the strip came between 2:27 and 2:26.

The average pass is released in 2.7 seconds

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
The man puts in hours of film work just to provide information to an ungrateful forum. Whether you like the info or not this man puts time and effort in when he really doesn’t have to. Insulting someone as your first comment on a thread and not trying to engage in an actual football discussion should get posters banned

this is asinine. Effort does not equal quality or completely unbiased. Bolding "For people who want to know what really happened" and then chuck out "semantics" an suppositions as unchallengeable facts to not be questioned is a bit much.

about 70% of his stuff is interesting, but the Parnell, Doug Free, Dez, confirmation bias stuff typically comes out and it should be challenged if there is a different view

Zman5

Reaction score
This was a classic JG game where the QB couldn't over come JG's bad scheme and coaching. Romo had these type of games and now Dak's experiencing them too.

Before the game, I've posted our passing offense would struggle. I knew this because the type of defense McDemmott runs. He was on the Eagles defensive staff that used to abuse Romo and JG.
He was also the DC of Carolina team that abused Romo and JG (2015 game where Romo threw 3 INTS before breaking his collar bone again ring a bell?)

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

He never lost engagement and slowed him up with an intial punch. The snap was at 2:31 and the strip came between 2:27 and 2:26.

The average pass is released in 2.7 seconds

Where is it that we think Dak was trying to go on this play? Loading up to hit Gallup?

Kaiser

Reaction score
about 70% of his stuff is interesting, but the Parnell, Doug Free, Dez, confirmation bias stuff typically comes out and it should be challenged if there is a different view

You mean the Parnell, Free and Dez stuff where he was completely right? Where a million trolls attacked him for something he was proven right about?

Remind me how many catches Dez has in the NFL for the last two seasons.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I just reviewed all of Dak's plays in the Bills game.

This post is intended for people that want to know what actually happened.

I know many trolls will try to derail the the thread but I did review all plays which I'm certain that they have not done.

My conclusion is that Dak made a heroic effort in an attempt to win the game. He threaded the needle many times with many great throws. He was under constant pressure. Without a running game, the Bills could just focus on pass rushing and pass defense.

I'm going to primarily list the "bad" plays by Dak or plays that appeared to be "bad" on his part.

• General Observations:
    • Multiple deep throws while under pressure and WRs not really open.
    • Not certain why they kept trying to deep passes to the sidelines.
    • There were multiple tipped passes. The Bills were focused on getting good jumps to tip passes.

• INT by Star Lotulelei
    • The INT was a freak play.
    • The DT was being blocked by Tyron when Dak released the ball.
    • Dak was being hit as he released the ball.
    • The play design was similar to one in the preseason that also resulted in catastrophic failure.
    • It is a high risk play where the invite pass rushes to come at Dak with Dak looking right but planning all along to throw left to Pollard on a screen pass.
    • The DT made a great play.

• Ball stripped as Dak was throwing.
    • Su'a-Filo whiffed and the pass rusher hit Dak's hand while he was in the throwing motion.
    • If Su'a-Filo could have delayed the pass rusher by 1 extra millisecond, then the pass was have been out of Dak's hand.

• INT that was over-turned.
    • There was an INT that was over-turned due to a hands to the face penalty on the Bills DL.
    • The pass was perfect to Gallup but the DB ran through Gallup before the pass arrived.
    • I watched this one several time on slow motion.

• Zeke bats the ball out of bounds.
    • Dak threw a low pass to Zeke in the flat.
    • The one that Zeke batted out of bounds.
    • It was still catch-able considering that Zeke was standing still when the ball arrived.

• Final Drive of 1st Half.
    • They were moving he ball.
    • There were 3 plays in the middle of the field on the drive.
    • They attempted a field goal on 1st down because they were out of time.
    • Is that on the QB or Coaching to throw 3 times in the middle of the field when time if running out?

• 2nd Half
  • Dak sacked on a play design that Romo said was a common Cowboys play.
    • That seems to indicate a Garrett play...

• Side Note:
    • Connor Williams Return from Injury.
    • CW had been out much of the 1st half with and injury issue.
    • He returned for the 2nd half but departed after a false start due to the injury issue.
    • Why was he back on the field if he was not healthy enough to play that snap?

• Dak's 2nd run to get a 1st down.
    • Dak made an incredible effort to run for a 1st down.
    • This was the 2nd incredible effort to get a 1st down.
    • The 1st time was prior to the 4th down when Garrett went for it at the Dallas 20 yard line.

• 4th down play in the redzone (3rd quarter)
    • The pass to Zeke looked terrible and way short.
    • After reviewing multiple times and in slow-motion it looks a bit different.
    • Looking at Zeke's location when Dak threw the ball is interesting.
    • If Zeke had moved more towards the endzone instead of the sideline, the pass would have been on target.

• Zeke drop of sideline pass.
    • Great pass by Dak in the 4th quarter with a defender in his face to Zeke.
    • Zeke has the ball in his hands and has his feet in bounds but can't complete the catch.

• Pass to the left in the 4th quarter that was almost intercepted.
    • Gallup was out near the sideline and ran an in-route.
    • He stopped just to the outside of the DB which is the opposite of what a WR would should do.
    • The WR needs to cross the DBs face and then stop.
    • Maybe Gallup thought that Dak would have time and allow Gallup to move back outside on an in & out type route which could have resulted in a big gain but in this type of game with the QB under constant pressure, I can't imagine why he might think that was possible.

• Dak has the ball knocked out of his hands on the 4th down play at about 5:48 in the 4th.
    • La'el failed in a big way.
    • The Bills originally had 11 defenders within 5 yards of the line but some dropped back just before the snap.
    • On that drive, Witten had dropped a ball that hit his hands an there was not a defender near him.
    • The ball might have been tipped but it still hit his hands.

• Last Scoring Drive
    • On the drive late in the 4th when they scored a TD, Dak threaded the needle multiple times including the TD pass and the 2-point conversion pass.

Appreciate the post, i needed the laugh.

birdwells1

Reaction score
On the Star L. INT, there was nobody in sight that appeared to be a threat to intercept the ball. Star L. made a great play to move off the block by Tyron and get to the ball but it was not unreasonable for a QB to try to get rid of the ball there tying to avoid a sack.

Very few fans will go back and re-watch games rationally. Player performances often look radically different when reviewing games than than during games when the fans-viewer's emotions are volatile and the game outcome is unknown.

Count yourself as one of em.

Last edited:

Haimerej

Reaction score
It appears to be a miscommunication. I don't know who is to blame but Dak threw is in the perfect spot if Zeke was moving towards the endzone.

But he wasn't. He was going into the flat. Your critique is reminiscent of a criticism I read a couple years ago. Dak threw over someone, think it was Beasley, and someone said if it were Dez he would've caught it. He wasn't throwing to Dez, though. Likewise, Zeke wasn't headed towards the endzone on this play so the throw was off.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

He provides bad info and acts like his opinion is fact and anybody that disagrees is clueless.

He told someone to kill themselves. Think about that. Very poor form to defend that nonsense.