And here comes Jerry blowing smoke up your butt 2018

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They lost a LT, Starting LB, Sproles and a starting QB, shellaced the cowboys in the only game that counted for them - and won the SB versus NE putting up a 40 burger with a superior game plan. Dallas scored 1 TD in 11 quarters the moment EE wasnt there, gave up 35 points or more the times Lee wasnt there, and gave up 6 sacks to journeyman when replacing their LT.

I know they beat the eagles 6-0 in the final game, but something doesnt compute about "a close gap"

Trying to project from one season to another in an exercise in futility... Projecting 2016 onto 2017 wouldn't have gotten rendered very accurate results. And projecting 2018 based on 2017 results probably isn't going to be very meaningful either.

Just looking at both rosters... I'm of the belief the difference between the two teams from a talent perspective isn't wide.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The gap between the "processes" are pretty big, point in time notwithstanding

Maybe. The Eagles obviously had a really good team last year. I still think they were fortunate to go all the way. And I think our 2016 team was more or less on par with their team from last year. We're not as good as that 2016 team right now, though.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Trying to project from one season to another in an exercise in futility... Projecting 2016 onto 2017 wouldn't have gotten rendered very accurate results. And projecting 2018 based on 2017 results probably isn't going to be very meaningful either.

Just looking at both rosters... I'm of the belief the difference between the two teams from a talent perspective isn't wide.
Do you think you can predict NE's record next year? I guess we will see if they can maintain, but they are able to shed bad fits and extract value better than any team Ive seen recently. The coach keeps adding wrinkles to keep defenses guessing. They can trade Murray, Maxwell and Bradford premium picks and plug holes fast with FA.

The starting roster is a bit irrelevant, injuries will happen and you have to at least say that they whethered the injury storms pretty well

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Maybe. The Eagles obviously had a really good team last year. I still think they were fortunate to go all the way. And I think our 2016 team was more or less on par with their team from last year. We're not as good as that 2016 team right now, though.
The 2016 defense wasnt on the same continent as the Eagles last year

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you think you can predict NE's record next year? I guess we will see if they can maintain, but they are able to shed bad fits and extract value better than any team Ive seen recently. The coach keeps adding wrinkles to keep defenses guessing. They can trade Murray, Maxwell and Bradford premium picks and plug holes fast with FA.

The starting roster is a bit irrelevant, injuries will happen and you have to at least say that they whethered the injury storms pretty well

Cherry picking NE is easy... They've played in a division that features several teams that have lacked a coherent plan for a long time.

Trying to pick consistent winners in any other division is a bit more dicey... Records go up and records go down. Every year the playoff picture features about 1/2 new teams.

This Cowboy team is in a good place in my opinion... Always could be better. But it's not bad.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The 2016 defense wasnt on the same continent as the Eagles last year

Yep. Though our offense was better. The delta between our offense and their defense was in their favor, but not by all that much.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Cherry picking NE is easy... They've played in a division that features several teams that have lacked a coherent plan for a long time.

Trying to pick consistent winners in any other division is a bit more dicey... Records go up and records go down. Every year the playoff picture features about 1/2 new teams.

This Cowboy team is in a good place in my opinion... Always could be better. But it's not bad.

Pittsburg rarely misses the playoffs and NE isn't really cherry picking. Part of why the other teams have no plan is they chase belichcek and NE. Sure it's 5-6 wins per year, but they typically win 7 more playing (usually the top teams in the AFC). They have been to what 7 SBs in the 2000s and don't fall apart when Brady is out. Cassel went 11-5 and missed the playoffs

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pittsburg rarely misses the playoffs and NE isn't really cherry picking. Part of why the other teams have no plan is they chase belichcek and NE. Sure it's 5-6 wins per year, but they typically win 7 more playing (usually the top teams in the AFC). They have been to what 7 SBs in the 2000s and don't fall apart when Brady is out. Cassel went 11-5 and missed the playoffs

Again you've cherry picked one team. Hey if I were on your side of the discussion I'd highlight NE also (and Pittsburgh to a certain extend) but after that it's pretty much a free-for-all in the NFL with one season not having a lot of meaning on the next.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
They lost a LT, Starting LB, Sproles and a starting QB, shellaced the cowboys in the only game that counted for them - and won the SB versus NE putting up a 40 burger with a superior game plan. Dallas scored 1 TD in 11 quarters the moment EE wasnt there, gave up 35 points or more the times Lee wasnt there, and gave up 6 sacks to journeyman when replacing their LT.

I know they beat the eagles 6-0 in the final game, but something doesnt compute about "a close gap"

LLLOOLLL, This.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Again you've cherry picked one team. Hey if I were on your side of the discussion I'd highlight NE also (and Pittsburgh to a certain extend) but after that it's pretty much a free-for-all in the NFL with one season not having a lot of meaning on the next.
Aside from Minny and their ability in sustaining it (i.e. championship game with 3rd string QB), the rest are mostly QB reliant. Rogers, Ryan, Luck, Carr. Brees, etc.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aside from Minny and their ability in sustaining it (i.e. championship game with 3rd string QB), the rest are mostly QB reliant. Rogers, Ryan, Luck, Carr. Brees, etc.

Oh no question that's a big factor.

Cmac

Reaction score
The way this is going, one should always maintain a hand on wallet while talking with JJ.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Jerry Jerry Jerry.................What is this the 23rd or 24th straight guarantee? I lost count.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
I see this ignored so much . Not sure if on purpose or just ignorance. Im thinking its more bias and blue tinted glasses here.

2016:Wetnz :
got the nod a week before season starts . Eagles have a brand new staff lots of new peices . So Vets cant really help the new guys . Eagles WRs most drops in the NFL at a sick rate :( Despite that the Eagles were only really out of 3 games that year. 13 games were a TD or less away from winning . Dont forget Dougs dead brained move to not kick a FG against Dallas and put game out of reach.

2016: Dak
Comes into a system already in place. Showed in 2014 how potent they can be . Add to at time best online in NFL a once in a generation talent at RB. Team stayed pretty healthy which was lucky. All Dak had to do was be smart with ball . WHich he did and did very well . He did something Vets couldnt do a year before with just as good roster .

Its kinda like comparing apples and oranges if you want to nit pick. Next year is HUGE for Dak and the Cowboys . Good thing is we will see very soon :) Really takes more then 2 years to know what you really have . Too many people want to give up on a player or team as soon as they show the slightest regress. The browns and QBs shows us that yearly . Chip Kelly just leanred that thanks to Foles this year .

GreenMean69

Reaction score
2c91f883565d8f191b77c92caff07f96--nfl-memes-funny-memes.jpg

jnday

Reaction score
Aikman is the ily hope in the future that could lead the team to aSuper Bowl. Stephen , please do this. It would be the one move that makes sense for the organization: