And here comes Jerry blowing smoke up your butt 2018

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I'm curious to hear why not?
:huh:
The last actual game the two teams played was a 37-9 drubbing.
Negatory ,raunch rod rover!
It was a resoundingly peerless example of dominant defensive counter measures on full display, yer' hometown team WAS SHUT OUT,,,:rolleyes:

o_O:lmao:o_O

Rayman70

Reaction score
I heard JJ has a crypt he sleeps in. Like an oxygen chamber.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm curious to hear why not?
:huh:
The last actual game the two teams played was a 37-9 drubbing.

I like the Cowboy's offensive line. I don't think there's a big difference between the DL. Elliot is a huge weapon. If Dez has his head on straight he's a weapon. The Cowboys have some talent at CB.

Dallas needs to shore up the MLB spot... Solidify what's going on at safety.

Dak needs to be more accurate between 11-20 yards.

And the coaching needs to improve.

I look at the Eagle roster and I see some very good players here & there, but I'm not in awe or consider them to be one of the best teams over the past decade.

But no, I do not see a big gap.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This is the Boys year. The Boys have great tem and have made improvements by choosing wisely in free agency and the draft. They have also released average players with large contracts. Last season they gutted the secondary and went younger and I saw improvement. I expect the team to continue to focus on the trenches and improve the roster with young studs.

I think the Boys are better than the Eagles !!!
This guy and his sexy avi's...
And I'm not gay! Not that there's anything wrong with that...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There DL is better than ours and it is not close.

It's closer than what you think.

The big difference between the two DL's?

That pesky #1 DT spot.

Philly had the #3 rated DT in the NFL.

Dallas had the #3 rated DE in the NFL.

Crawford had a good season for the Cowboys at the other DE spot.

Dallas to close the gap at that DT spot.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here we go again, but I don't think the gap is all that significant, either. Most of us would have agreed the gap was in our favor just the season before. We lost a handful of decent players, and had a fairly successful draft. They added several good players, had a decent draft, and went on a run and won it all.

That NOV game wasn't a great indication of where the teams were at. We played it without Smith, Elliott, Lee, Bailey, and even Heath. We were outclassed, but there was a lot going on with both teams at that point and it was our week in the barrel.

To catch them, though, we have to add talent, especially on defense. We've gotten worse there, and not better so far.

Sydla

Reaction score
They have us decidedly in the coaching department and that wins as many or more games than talent. Guess Jerrah isn't looking at it that way. I do think talent wise we have the horses to beat them.

We don’t have the defense to stay with them.

At least not yet.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The next Dark Shadows movie will feature Jerry Jones as Barnabus.

Sydla

Reaction score
I like the Cowboy's offensive line. I don't think there's a big difference between the DL. Elliot is a huge weapon. If Dez has his head on straight he's a weapon. The Cowboys have some talent at CB.

Dallas needs to shore up the MLB spot... Solidify what's going on at safety.

Dak needs to be more accurate between 11-20 yards.

And the coaching needs to improve.

I look at the Eagle roster and I see some very good players here & there, but I'm not in awe or consider them to be one of the best teams over the past decade.

But no, I do not see a big gap.

To say there is little difference in DLs is a real stretch. The Eagles have arguably the best DL in football. Their starting DTs in Cox and Jernigan are better than any DT we have unless you count Irving as a pure DT.

They were tops in the league in QB pressures last year and added a better pass rusher in bennett than they had in Curry. Their depth arc DE trumps us as well.

The only way the DLs get close is if we just nail the draft when it comes to the DL.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's closer than what you think.

The big difference between the two DL's?

That pesky #1 DT spot.

Philly had the #3 rated DT in the NFL.

Dallas had the #3 rated DE in the NFL.

Crawford had a good season for the Cowboys at the other DE spot.

Dallas to close the gap at that DT spot.

Are you implying the Cowboys have better DEs?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To say there is little difference in DLs is a real stretch. The Eagles have arguably the best DL in football. Their starting DTs in Cox and Jernigan are better than any DT we have unless you count Irving as a pure DT.

They were tops in the league in QB pressures last year and added a better pass rusher in bennett than they had in Curry. Their depth arc DE trumps us as well.

The only way the DLs get close is if we just nail the draft when it comes to the DL.

Irving is a DT and played the position well last season... Very well.

Bennett isn't the same player he was a couple years ago.

Over the last few games Taco was coming around nicely.

Sydla

Reaction score
Lawrence had a terrific season... Just terrific.

The other DE, Crawford had a good to very good season.

Reach your own conclusion.

The conclusion is after Lawrence they have Graham, Barnett and Bennett who are all better than Crawford.

And with Lawrence having a career year, the Cowboys finished in the middle in terms of QB pressures. The Eagles were in the Top 5.

They have better DEs overall, better DTs and a better DL.

Sydla

Reaction score
Irving is a DT and played the position well last season... Very well.

Bennett isn't the same player he was a couple years ago.

Over the last few games Taco was coming around nicely.

Bennett had 8.5 sacks last year which would have been 2nd amongst DEs on our team last year.

I like where our DL is going but there’s no doubt who has the better DL right now. The Eagles have arguably the best DL in the NFL right now. We aren’t even Top 5.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The conclusion is after Lawrence they have Graham, Barnett and Bennett who are all better than Crawford.

And with Lawrence having a career year, the Cowboys finished in the middle in terms of QB pressures. The Eagles were in the Top 5.

They have better DEs overall, better DTs and a better DL.

I'll stick to my original post... The biggest difference between the two DL's is the #1 DT spot and yes, the Cowboys have to get much better there.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'll stick to my original post... The biggest difference between the two DL's is the #1 DT spot and yes, the Cowboys have to get much better there.

I am not sure how one concludes the DEs are comparable, especially if you count Irving as a DT.