And just like that we've been surpassed by the Lions

Mannix

Reaction score
Define "surpassed?" The Lions have now won their first playoff games period since 1991. They haven't appeared in a SB EVER in the SB modern era. Do we really want to trade franchises? This year ended in a massive disappointment but we gotta take a step back and relax. This is beyond your control.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not really grasping the point

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Define "surpassed?" The Lions have now won their first playoff games period since 1991. They haven't appeared in a SB EVER in the SB modern era. Do we really want to trade franchises? This year ended in a massive disappointment but we gotta take a step back and relax. This is beyond your control.
Surpassed in terms of currently. Which is all that matters today,

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They don't. They are worth billions and make hundreds of millions a year just on the Cowboys, not to mention all their other business ventures. Dallas Cowboys is nothing more than a business venture for them. Winning is just secondary.

Jerry is content with the 3 titles from the 90s.
I guess this is why they're despised in Dallas.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Oh I'm sure Washington will be in the NFC title game. Somehow. Someway within the next few years.

And..guess who will have the longest NFC streak without making an NFC title game?

Our great Dallas Cowboys
I was thinking the same exact thing, I think their new management will have them competitive in time

ArtClink

Reaction score
Thirty years is an eternity and citing our ancient Super Bowl wins hardly falls in the “what have you done for me lately” esp when it’s almost three decades. I’d argue our older fans like myself have suffered more than Lions fans because we USED to be the gold standard of the NFL. There’s also no end in sight for the Jones family and their generations of idiots that will run things 20 years from now when Jerry dies.

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
We’ve been surpassed by the Lions. The team during my 30 year life on earth that’s been a walking punchline. The team that went 0-16. The JV Thanksgiving team. This team has now passed the Dallas Cowboys, as if we needed to add more insult to this miserable postseason for us. Feels horrible honestly knowing we’re in a race with the Commanders to be the most embarrassing team in the NFC this century

Wish ownership felt the shame and disappointment I do right now
As NFC contenders for the foreseeable future? Probably.

Historically? Well, you can't erase history. The Cowboys have won 5/8 SB's. And 6 other title game appearances.

Let's not go crazy here.

Cowboys93

Reaction score
Like I said in the OP I’m 30 truthfully I’m glad this is a storied franchise that a lot of folks got to enjoy but not me so all that past stuff is irrelevant today

ArtClink

Reaction score
Oh I'm sure Washington will be in the NFC title game. Somehow. Someway within the next few years.

And..guess who will have the longest NFC streak without making an NFC title game?

Our great Dallas Cowboys
It’s overwhelmingly more probable for sure.