And just like that we've been surpassed by the Lions

ArtClink

Reaction score
The Lions have had the same ownership for 60 years and this is their most successful season in that time frame. The franchise has the second lowest winning % in the league during that 60 years.
Yet here we are and they advance to the nfc championship game while Jerry gets drunk and hangs out with strippers.

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
The Lions have had the same ownership for 60 years and this is their most successful season in that time frame. The franchise has the second lowest winning % in the league during that 60 years.
The new owner is the daughter of William Clay Ford. She is known as competent and hands off. This ownership isn't the dumpster fire everyone is used too.

Never thought I'd see the day where the Detroit Lions are a top tier NFL franchise.

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
I was thinking the same exact thing, I think their new management will have them competitive in time
Yeh the owner seems committed to a winner. Unfortunately for us, his other teams have been successful because he hires the right people and stays out of the spotlight.

I wouldn’t be stunned if they draft Maye and are somehow a top tier NFC franchise soon.

That's not something I want. But Washington is going to be a problem.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Thirty years is an eternity and citing our ancient Super Bowl wins hardly falls in the “what have you done for me lately” esp when it’s almost three decades. I’d argue our older fans like myself have suffered more than Lions fans because we USED to be the gold standard of the NFL. There’s also no end in sight for the Jones family and their generations of idiots that will run things 20 years from now when Jerry dies.
If we beat the pack and bucs, lost to the 9'ers and FAILED to make the playoffs for 10 years, would this make you happy? I get that the end of the season sucked. Just perspective. We move on and see what's next.

Plankton

Reaction score
“I don’t know. Would you get embarrassed if you were standing in this stadium? Seriously.”

-Jerry Jones

Alweezy

Reaction score
Detroit actually changed owners though.
The old owner liked his guys and continually kept the Lions in purgatory with bad decisions.

Not even knocking JJ on this, it really does reflect what it looks like when everybody is all in. The Lions within 4-5 years did enough to get into the NFCCG. The process is not supposed to take 10+ years as the entire conference has shown us now.

Creeper

Reaction score
Didn't we beat the Lions a couple of weeks ago?

The Lions should be happy that after all those years of drafting in the top 10 and then getting a haul of picks from the Rams for Matthew Stafford, they are finally going to make it to the NFCC and lose to the 49ers.

zeke21

Reaction score
This is a parity league.. no way should you go 30 years without even a championship game appearance.. not talking about wins.. but sheer dumb luck should see you be able to win 2 play off games at some point in 30 years.

Nothing will change but boy does it hurt.

And when does Goff get his due? Now taken two teams to the championship game and has a 4-3 play off record.

Just so disappointed to be a Cowboys fan.. watching these divisional games has just highlighted how far away we are. Honestly don't think we beat the Lions or SF based on what I saw.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Detroit actually changed owners though.
The old owner liked his guys and continually kept the Lions in purgatory with bad decisions.

Not even knocking JJ on this, it really does reflect what it looks like when everybody is all in. The Lions within 4-5 years did enough to get into the NFCCG. The process is not supposed to take 10+ years as the entire conference has shown us now.
I think still the Ford family but now run by Sheila Ford