And that’s why Richard is still here

reddyuta

Reaction score
did we watch the same game? our DTs were Terrible in the game,one of them was literally playing with one arm.there is very little a LB can do with that level of DT play.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I don’t think that was Richards game plan. I believe that it was Marinelli that did the game plan and called the plays. Richard was busy out interviewing for HC jobs instead of concentrating on the game plan for the rams. Seems Richard calls a more aggressive game. Puts more pressure on his corners and comes after the run and QB. I kept waiting for us to adjust and take the run game away. They did it all year long so there was no excuse. These LB and front 4 can do it. But seemed to play prevent all night. They couldn’t see that everytime they put the ball in goffs hands and pressured him that he threw bad passes.

I don’t know who did what but I will say I’m very confident that the person who put in the defensive gameplan and called the defense for the Saints game is not the same person who did so for the Rams game. I wish they would take the Saints defensive gameplan and apply Garret’s offensive philosophy to it. Just run that scheme every week against everyone, be that aggressive all the time, and if someone beats you, god for them, they deserve the win.

CWR

Reaction score
I hope we are in the playoffs the next few years. At least we have a chance.

I honestly think we will be. We have what the second youngest roster in the league? Plus we are in great shape cap wise and have drafted well in the last few years. If Dak plays like he did the last 8 games and not the first 8, and the defense continues to grow we should be preparing ourselves mentally for a few playoff runs. I just hope I dont stroke out in the process lol.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
did we watch the same game? our DTs were Terrible in the game,one of them was literally playing with one arm.there is very little a LB can do with that level of DT play.

I did. And they were falling for misdirection all night long. And it didn’t help that the rams after said they knew our play calls every snap due to alignment. That is poor coaching. Period. And he’s part of that. Rod too. But Richard certainly doesn’t get a pass

Verdict

Reaction score
Because Linehan has trotted out the same game plan every week for the last 2 years and never adjusts until we've lost the game. Then he comes out the next week and does the total opposite of what he did the week before.

Richard made a huge difference. I was very upset with him after the Rams loss. There were some on here blaming MArinelli but this is Richards defense and has been all season.

Richard against the Rams was a huge disappointment.

Garrett has just been a huge disappointment for years.

I really believe that Richard interviewing interfered with his duties as a Cowboys coach. I would not have let him interview with anyone until the season was over.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Or it could just be that a more experienced Patriots team outplayed a young, wide-eyed Rams team that simply had a bad game under the microscope of the biggest event in pro sports.

I understand the point the OP is making, but it's impossible to make such assessments based on what one team does to the Rams vs. what another team does.

Remember this same Cowboys defense held the Saints to 10 points on Nov. 30, and seven were a gift after a roughing the punter call.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I really believe that Richard interviewing interfered with his duties as a Cowboys coach. I would not have let him interview with anyone until the season was over.

I agree about it interfering. For sure.

However, I would still let him interview because all other teams do it. If you didn't allow it then nobody would want to coach here.

Verdict

Reaction score
I agree about it interfering. For sure.

However, I would still let him interview because all other teams do it. If you didn't allow it then nobody would want to coach here.

I'm not talking about not letting him interview. I am talking about not letting him interview until the season is over.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm not talking about not letting him interview. I am talking about not letting him interview until the season is over.

Yeah.. I know that's what you're saying. Assistant coaches wouldn't go for that.

Verdict

Reaction score
Yeah.. I know that's what you're saying. Assistant coaches wouldn't go for that.

IDK. I guess they would just have to get over it if I was making the call. But yeah, I hear what you are saying.

ThrowuptheXDez88

Reaction score
They called a great game, there is also this guy that goes by the name Bill Belichick! The Patriots defense gave up 24 4th quarter points 2 weeks ago, I'd like to know if you were still singing Flores's praises on that day as well.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
look at our defensive game plan against the rams then look at the Pats.
Players over pursued all day against the rams. Not sure that’s on Richards but that’s why NE stopped them. They never over committed and they blitzed in the middle a lot.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Flores had his hand held by Belichick. It is not like the Hoodie just let him do it all himself.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
doesnt make sense , we lost to the rams because of poorly designed and play calls of the defense..so why is he still here? I mean we ran off Linehan call garetts offense horrible YET the defense lost us the last 2 playoff games we played..

please enlighten me?

Who is the DC? Is it Kris Richard or is it Rod Marinelli? Whose defensive philosophy involves taking undersized defensive tackles and not valuing bulk on the defensive line? Is that Kris Richard or Rod Marinelli?

SSoup

Reaction score
Linehan's offense did better against the Rams than Josh McDaniels' offense, though. Prescott did better against their D than Brady.

A good example of why these kinds of one-to-one comparisons are usually stupid.

conner01

Reaction score
Meaning this is why he didn’t get a HC job and the NE DC did
No I get it
You had me confused
I like Richards and think he has potential to be a good coach. But I said during his interviews fans were over rating what he’s done
He didn’t run Seattle’s defense
I still like him here and I think he will grow into a good coach but he needs much more experience

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No I get it
You had me confused
I like Richards and think he has potential to be a good coach. But I said during his interviews fans were over rating what he’s done
He didn’t run Seattle’s defense
I still like him here and I think he will grow into a good coach but he needs much more experience

I think he actually did run Seattle’s defense, but not at its peak. He wasn’t the DC when Seattle’s defense carried the team to a Super Bowl win, or even when they got to the Super Bowl and lost. His time as DC came after that.