And that’s why Richard is still here

conner01

Reaction score
I think he actually did run Seattle’s defense, but not at its peak. He wasn’t the DC when Seattle’s defense carried the team to a Super Bowl win, or even when they got to the Super Bowl and lost. His time as DC came after that.
I figure he ran Carroll’s defense

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I figure he ran Carroll’s defense
You said he didn’t run the defense, not that he didn’t implement his own defense. I agree it is likely he was running the same defensive system as with the Super Bowl teams, although I don’t know that for certain.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I think it is the players, you can say scheme but it's the players also. Like Michael Jordan, LT could have played in any scheme and been great.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
look at our defensive game plan against the rams then look at the Pats.

lol.

Yeah, let's measure ourselves against the team that's been in the Superbowl 9 times in the last 19 years.

That's a good place to start.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
our philisophy on both sides of the ball is different
We basically do what we do every week
If you listen to Sean McVay post game, the Pats changed most of their defensive scheme, meaning the Rams were surprised, confused and couldn’t adjust. The Pats also adjusted during the game.

We don’t do that.

"We do what we do" is a Garrett motto. He makes a virtue of his failure to do his job and put out the best gameplan for each opponent.

conner01

Reaction score
You said he didn’t run the defense, not that he didn’t implement his own defense. I agree it is likely he was running the same defensive system as with the Super Bowl teams, although I don’t know that for certain.
I’m curious to see his scheme and his play calling
That scheme may be exactly like rod or Carroll but I’d like to see him do his thing and let’s see what he had

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m curious to see his scheme and his play calling
That scheme may be exactly like rod or Carroll but I’d like to see him do his thing and let’s see what he had

I agree. Even if it is the same basic scheme, there are different things that can be done within the same scheme, and as you mentioned, play calling matters.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Who is the DC? Is it Kris Richard or is it Rod Marinelli? Whose defensive philosophy involves taking undersized defensive tackles and not valuing bulk on the defensive line? Is that Kris Richard or Rod Marinelli?
so IN seatle they were perfect sized and the next week , just all of sudden weren't..***E brah , what happened was the entire Defensive coaching staff got outcoached and didnt adjust.

,they ran the wrong plays against what Rams kept throwing at them,the zone ,twists, and stunts kept throwing them into huge holes the rams exploited and somehow they never adjusted, that in Game stuff, ALL staff is responsible, once you realize your Gaff you have to bow up and make the rams pay for the style the came out and ran.. we sat back on our heals and just grabbed our ankles..The Patriots play man 90% of the year and hardly blitz they came out in zone and put blitzkrieg on the ram oline and they were on their heals like we were.. Mcvay public ally stated they got outcoached at every turn.. well our defensive staff did the same..thats on Kris and Rod..period they are our defensive leaders..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I'm pinning this on anybody, I'm pinning it on;
  • The guy who's in charge of the defensive line. A line that got run over all day and couldn't get pressure
  • The guy who has been doing the same thing in this game for decades
  • The guy who insists that defensive tackles aren't important and has had us understaffed there since he got here
  • The guy who's son-in-law works for those same Rams
  • The guy who's coaching tendencies allowed the Rams to know what our defensive line was doing "90 % of the time"
And that guy isn't Kris Richard

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...sive-line-was-going-to-do-over-90-of-the-time

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
so IN seatle they were perfect sized and the next week , just all of sudden weren't..***E brah , what happened was the entire Defensive coaching staff got outcoached and didnt adjust.

,they ran the wrong plays against what Rams kept throwing at them,the zone ,twists, and stunts kept throwing them into huge holes the rams exploited and somehow they never adjusted, that in Game stuff, ALL staff is responsible, once you realize your Gaff you have to bow up and make the rams pay for the style the came out and ran.. we sat back on our heals and just grabbed our ankles..The Patriots play man 90% of the year and hardly blitz they came out in zone and put blitzkrieg on the ram oline and they were on their heals like we were.. Mcvay public ally stated they got outcoached at every turn.. well our defensive staff did the same..thats on Kris and Rod..period they are our defensive leaders..

Did Seattle have a bowling ball the size of most offensive linemen running at them?

fansince68

Reaction score
I don’t think that was Richards game plan. I believe that it was Marinelli that did the game plan and called the plays. Richard was busy out interviewing for HC jobs instead of concentrating on the game plan for the rams. Seems Richard calls a more aggressive game. Puts more pressure on his corners and comes after the run and QB. I kept waiting for us to adjust and take the run game away. They did it all year long so there was no excuse. These LB and front 4 can do it. But seemed to play prevent all night. They couldn’t see that everytime they put the ball in goffs hands and pressured him that he threw bad passes.
It was the cleats.....o_O

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
GAMEPLAN GAME 1 = GAMEPLAN PLAYOFF GAMES .

Our biggest obstacle is Jason Garrett .

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
To be fair yes the defense didnt show up enough vs the rams. But the rams averaged 30 points a game I think. Plus the defense is why Dallas was in the playoffs.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
According to some, the defense in the Saints game was because of Richard while the defense in the Rams game was because of Marinelli.

That smells like selective responsibility to fit preconceived notions. Either Richard plays a key role or he doesn't. :rolleyes:

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
doesnt make sense , we lost to the rams because of poorly designed and play calls of the defense..so why is he still here? I mean we ran off Linehan call garetts offense horrible YET the defense lost us the last 2 playoff games we played..

please enlighten me?

So if I got this reasoning straight, Sean McVay should be replaced also....SMDH!

blueblood70

Reaction score
So if I got this reasoning straight, Sean McVay should be replaced also....SMDH!
No KR should get a ton of blame he and Marinelli lost the rams game as soon as the kickoff sailed through the air.. this is about our Coaches and who are to blame, sick of all the talk about Dak, zeke, and others like LC sux all over running wild on this site..theres one reason Dak and company hasn't made it to the NFCCG yet, bad Defense..period end of story..

IDC who was on the other side, the defense OUR Failures all on defense in the post season..