CFZ And then there were 6

blueblood70

Reaction score
After merely 5 weeks of play, there are only 6 teams remaining in the NFL with 1 or fewer losses:

5-0 Philadelphia Eagles
4-1 Buffalo Bills
4-1 Minnesota Vikings
3-1 Kansas City Chiefs
4-1 Dallas Cowboys
4-1 New York Giants

Of these 6 teams, only 2 of them were expected to be this good, this early in the season - Buffalo and Kansas City. The other 4 are all NFC teams that are playing better than expected. Even Philadelphia, who many expected to rise to the top of the NFC East this season, wasn’t expected to be undefeated 5 games into the season. The catch for the Eagles is that they still haven’t played either of the two teams nipping at their heels in the NFC east.

Next Sunday night will be a good test for both the Eagles and Cowboys. But neither can write off the Giants, who finally have a coach who knows how to put his players in situations where they can win.

The good news for the Cowboys is even if they lose Sunday, their offense is slated to get even better when 4 injured Cowboys offensive players return from injury - QB Dak Prescott, HOF LT Tyron Smith, HOF Olineman Jason Peters, and WR James Washington. If the Cowboys can return to their league leading offensive production from just a season ago, this team might become just as frightening in the NFC and the Bills team is in the AFC. Could a 3rd Super Bowl between the Cowboys and Bills be in the offing?

P.S. And even the Cowboys Defense, as good as it already is, could become even faster with the addition of speedy and talented rookie LB Damone Clark.
too soon ive seen 6-0 teams not make the playoffs. have to finish strong.

this list will change in 8 weeks and for good reasons around 12-13th week we will know who the true contender and pretenders are.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Mahomes is great but I think it's more Andy Reid. Reid did the same thing in Philly with McNabb who was a career 58% passer. Reid is one of the best HCs around.

Reid is definitely a great coach ..... but Mahomes is special. Play design doesn't mean squat when protection breaks down & he just beats ya anyway because he's that good.

TWOK11

Reaction score
The Giants and Vikings are paper Tigers. The Giants have a total point differential of 10 and are winning dramatic comebacks against average to bad teams, that’s not sustainable. The Vikings have Kirk Cousins and a schizophrenic defense.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, Buffalo is overrated and their QB is vastly overrated and will crumple like a lawn chair in the playoffs as per par. It will be Mahomes and the Chiefs.
The "overrated" QB that led them to 47 points in their first playoff game last year, and 36 points, including the go-ahead TD pass with 13 seconds left in the game, against the Chiefs? Wish I could crumple like that.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I remember hearing "NFCE is the worst division" a lot.

75boyz

Reaction score
Listen I normally don’t call posters out, ok maybe I do once in awhile, but your comment shouts that your opinion is flawed, very flawed.

Yeah, and to be honest he had some decent strong opinioned posts prior to this that ya could see or at least respect his view.

And then this...

And that results in totally losing any credibility.

Maybe a personal situation, who knows.

Motorola

Reaction score
The only team on that list that keeps repeating every year - The Chiefs.

Must be nice having one of the best quarterbacks in the modern era.
Will be interesting how NFL history, sports media, and we fans differentiate or group the quarterbacks in this century.
In the beginning, there's the Mannings - I include Peyton because his career started only 2 years prior to 2000.
Rothleisberger, Rivers, Brees, Brady....include McNabb and Romo...both longtime QBs with one team ( Donovan with much more postseason success than Tony).
Then there's the QBs of the 2000s 2nd decade -Rodgers, Ryan, Wilson --EARLY ; Prescott, Mahomes, Jackson, Allen ---late.
And now we have Burrow and Herbert spearheading the 3rd decade of the 21st century.