And with the 18th pick the Cowboys pick....

scrives

Reaction score
If we sign LA as olb...... Gabe Waton!!!!!!! Mark my words. BP may have him in mind one way or the other. How do you create pressure on the qb? by clogging up the middle. This guy is the best DT in the draft with motivation and who betet to motivate then BP. It's a done deal.....Bp love big fast DT's!!!!:sshhh:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Bunkner(sp?) is NT material or a 3 technique guy? A first is too high for a guy like Gabe Watson. You don't gamble with first round picks. I think the Cowboys have learned their lesson on that one.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
scrives said:
If we sign LA as olb...... Gabe Waton!!!!!!! Mark my words. BP may have him in mind one way or the other. How do you create pressure on the qb? by clogging up the middle. This guy is the best DT in the draft with motivation and who betet to motivate then BP. It's a done deal.....Bp love big fast DT's!!!!:sshhh:

Is this a new kid? :p:

There is a Gabe Watson from Mich...huge 340 lb NT...

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
With the 18th pick............there has been a trade. Dallas trades down a few spots, and picks up a 3rd round pick.

Then with our first selection will be Marcus McNeil, Winston Justice, or the other Winston kid from Miami. 2nd rounder will either be a guard or a LB
3rd round, probably a safety.

I just really don't see us staying at pick 18. I think they will trade down.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

We have a trade. Cowboys trade there 18 selection in the first round to (insert team here) and, in exchange receive (insert team here) 2nd and 3rd round selections, numbers (insert overall draft pick number's here) and (insert team here) 1st round pick in the 2007 NFL draft. (Insert team here) is on the clock.

We have a trade. (insert team here) trade the (insert top 5 pick here) pick to the Dallas Cowboys in exchange for Dallas' 1st round picks, numbers (insert overall draft pick numbers here) and Dallas 3rd round pick (insert overall draft pick number here).

Dallas is on the clock. With the (insert top 5 pick here), The Dallas Cowboys select Brady Quinn, Quarterback, University of Notre Dame.

;)

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:

We have a trade. Cowboys trade there 18 selection in the first round to (insert team here) and, in exchange receive (insert team here) 2nd and 3rd round selections, numbers (insert overall draft pick number's here) and (insert team here) 1st round pick in the 2007 NFL draft. (Insert team here) is on the clock.

We have a trade. (insert team here) trade the (insert top 5 pick here) pick to the Dallas Cowboys in exchange for Dallas' 1st round picks, numbers (insert overall draft pick numbers here) and Dallas 3rd round pick (insert overall draft pick number here).

Dallas is on the clock. With the (insert top 5 pick here), The Dallas Cowboys select Brady Quinn, Quarterback, University of Notre Dame.

;)
ahhhhh no. too short and looks wimpy, though his sister is fine!!!!!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
Does anyone know if Bunkner(sp?) is NT material or a 3 technique guy? A first is too high for a guy like Gabe Watson. You don't gamble with first round picks. I think the Cowboys have learned their lesson on that one.

Are you talking about Bunkley? If so, I think he can probably play either. He would be an excellent 43 3 Technique, a bigger stronger La'Roi Glover,if you will.

In a 34, I think he'd also do well. I think it would be a waste because I think that he has much more upside potential as a 3 technique. Could have more impact but because of his strength and his added weight, I think he could probably play NT in the mold of a Casy Hampton.

I just think he's a heck of a football player but I also think he will be long gone before 18. We will see.

Justis

Reaction score
Gabe Watson's not consistent enough for the 18th pick, that would be an insane reach. I still like Manny Lawson. Give me a guard in the 2nd and a safety in the 3rd.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
scrives said:

yeah...both would just make me puke

Arrington sux and is injured, Watson is a fat slob who was benched alot of last yr because of lack of effort

there is no way in hell we pick him at 18 (or anyone else)

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
K-Mart said:
Jimmy Williams, FS, Va Tech......... with some luck

at 18 in the 1st? I hope not...he might be there at that pick in the 2nd from the sounds of things...

David

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
cowboys#1 said:
ahhhhh no. too short and looks wimpy, though his sister is fine!!!!!

Well, Quinn checks in at something around 6-4 235 lbs. so I think he has excellent size for the position. I would agree with you on the fact that he looks like a doof but his play doesn't reflect that IMO so I'm OK with it. As for the girlfriend, well, yeah. As for his sister, yeah, she is a pretty. Laura Quinn I think it is?

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
scrives said:
Actually Haloti Ngata is the best DT in the draft and then there is a BIG gap before the likes of G. Watson , B. Bunkley , and C. Wroten come into play . If Ngata was there at 18 (he won't be) I think Dallas would take him . Otherwise I doubt Dallas takes a DT until day two .

I really expect Dallas to do something along the lines of trading back to the back of the first and selecting a LB .

Right now I'm hoping that DeAngelo Williams drops to #18 . I think that Indy, would be real willing to give up their #28 and a 3rd or 4th round pick to move up to #18 and take him .

At #28 I'd say Dallas will be looking at OLB , and I think B. Carpenter is their man !

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Trade down to 22, take Marcus Mcneil OT Auburn
2nd Round KO Simpson FS Sc
3rd Round- Charlie Whitehurst QB

K-Mart

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
at 18 in the 1st? I hope not...he might be there at that pick in the 2nd from the sounds of things...

David

He's the best FS of the class and can play CB like he did in Va. Tech. He's 6'3'' 215 and a total ball hawk. If he lasts till our pick in the 2nd i would be completely shocked. He fills the biggest void on our team after FA and tandem with Roy. Our secondary would be tight for years to come. I'd be shocked if he is there at 18. If he's available we would be idiots not to take him.

ravidubey

Reaction score
kobe2jail said:
With the 18th pick............there has been a trade. Dallas trades down a few spots, and picks up a 3rd round pick.

Then with our first selection will be Marcus McNeil, Winston Justice, or the other Winston kid from Miami. 2nd rounder will either be a guard or a LB
3rd round, probably a safety.

I just really don't see us staying at pick 18. I think they will trade down.

And who wants to trade up? The Jets? Pitt? Maybe if the Steelers get excited about Bobby Carpenter and want to snag him before San Diego or New England can.

In general who at 18 would garner such interest that a playoff team would want to drop a 3rd round pick for him? If that player were so interesting, wouldn't there be a storng chance that we'd take him ourselves?

I think the draft gets weak after pick 15 and picks 16-35 have very similar grades. That makes picks 18 and 49 almost equivalent to picks 29 and 60-- except we have to pay more. There isn't going to be much of a market for a trade down. The one team with such interest, Denver, has already moved up to 15 to insure they get their new WR/RB.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Our pick COULD have value IF one of the top WR's are still on the board. Most mocks I see have SD looking WR so there may be teams looking to jump ahead of them for either Holmes or Jackson. The more you look at this draft the more you want to get out of our slot and move down. My bet is we DO find a trading partner and move down.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
If we stay at 18, I expect us to take Manny Lawson. That's if we stay at 18 and he's there.

If he's gone, we will try to move down. I still think Bobby Carpenter is the guy in a move down.

We won't go OL in the 1st. They believe good O-linemen will be available in the 2nd and 3rd if we go that route.

Same with Free Safety. They are not going to put more 1st round money in the an already expensive secondary, but they will address FS. Maybe with a vet. Most likely a 2nd or 3rd.

Wr is a possibility only because of age of our starting 2 WRs. This draft is not WR deep however. That is why I say unless the top 2 are there, we aren't looking WR.

I'd love to get Haloti Ngata at NT. He won't be there. Pass on Gabe Watson at 18. Getting him in a trade down isn't a bad idea. We were looking at Rod Wright at the Texas pro day workout. If he's there in the 2nd, which is possible, don't be shocked if we take him or Jonathon Scott. Wright is more likely though.