And with the 18th pick the Cowboys pick....

blindzebra

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Perhaps. I think it depends on who's there and who is not. Having said that, we got a 1st a 5th and a 1st in the following year for the 22nd pick so anything is possible.

We got a 2nd, 5th and next year's 1st.

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
How much foil does that hat require?

Let me get this straight, in round 1 he drafts O-linemen just fine, but beyond round 1 he has issues?

By all means, post some evidence of this. This oughta be good for a laugh. I'm not a Jason Fabini fan but I'm pretty sure he started 114 straight games after being a 7th round draft pick.

More holes than Swiss cheese in this theory Nova. Be glad it's not a bucket.

Im too lazy to pull up names and numbers

Now listen to me if you can, i know its tough with your short attention span but try ok?

Since Parcells has been here, he has drafted GARBAGE on the oline. Im not interested in what he did 10 years ago, Im interested in the here and now. His track record HERE shows that he hasnt been successful drafting offensive lineman in the 2nd round and beyond. He would rather be cute and think he's Jimmy Johnson trying to find the next Erik Williams in latter rounds.

There is no good reason why we shouldnt invest a 1st this year into a o lineman.

I know your brain hurts now after taking all that in, so go ahead and take a little nap before responding.

K-Mart

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Most of the big plays last year were not on free safety.

Wash #1 was cover 2 and Glenn messed up.

Henry had a breakdown versus SF.

Roy against the Giants.

Frankly the only big play I remember that was on FS was Moss beating Ware and Davis in 3 wide versus our base defense in the Oakland game.

Teams killed us late in the year running at Fujita and Shanle.

Teams knew all they had to account for in pass protection was Ware and Ellis.

Whatever. I don't care anymore. If we take Lawson.. and he doesn't pan out to be the player everyone wants him to be and Williams is in pro bowls year after year....... just remember this chat.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
We got a 2nd, 5th and next year's 1st.

Sorry, that is what I ment. In the original post, I outlined a trade down for a 2nd, 3rd and 1st the following year.

But yes, you are correct.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:

Now listen to me if you can, i know its tough with your short attention span but try ok?

Since Parcells has been here, he has drafted GARBAGE on the oline. Im not interested in what he did 10 years ago, Im interested in the here and now. His track record HERE shows that he hasnt been successful drafting offensive lineman in the 2nd round and beyond. He would rather be cute and think he's Jimmy Johnson trying to find the next Erik Williams in latter rounds.

There is no good reason why we shouldnt invest a 1st this year into a o lineman.

I know your brain hurts now after taking all that in, so go ahead and take a little nap before responding.

There is every reason not to do it if the value is not there. To suggest anything other is rediculous.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:

Oh nice try. Feeble, but nice try.

I mean we all know that 1 year of evidence makes a whole case. It had nothing whatsoever to do with the talent of the people in the draft, it's entirely Bill Parcells.

Bravo Mr. Matlock, that's some compelling evidence.

You forgot one thing though. Probably obscured by that cloud in space, you said "beyond round 1."

So, if 10 years ago doesn't matter as to the man's resume' then let's go on his time in Dallas only.

Which 1st round O-lineman that he drafted here has been worth the effort?

You'll crash Google trying to find one Mr. Lazy.

Let me know if this is all too fast for you. I could do some Nyquil shots and numb my mind a bit if that would help.

blindzebra

Reaction score
K-Mart said:
Whatever. I don't care anymore. If we take Lawson.. and he doesn't pan out to be the player everyone wants him to be and Williams is in pro bowls year after year....... just remember this chat.

So when facts smack you in the face you use the whatever combined with a nice what if?

Nice.

You've been told that:

A) FS at #18 is not cost affective, and since you like what ifs. Let's say we do it and then have to lose Roy or Newman in free agency because of the cap?

B) FS in the big picture of a 3-4 defense is very unimportant to overall success for that defense. Which is better 75 tackles, 6-7 sacks, a couple of fumbles and an INT or a centerfielder?

C) Pressure makes average DBs look better, and with Henry, Newman, Glenn, Reeves and Williams back there, average at FS will be more than good enough, if it means getting a bookend to pair with Ware.

K-Mart

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
So when facts smack you in the face you use the whatever combined with a nice what if?

Nice.

You've been told that:

A) FS at #18 is not cost affective, and since you like what ifs. Let's say we do it and then have to lose Roy or Newman in free agency because of the cap?

B) FS in the big picture of a 3-4 defense is very unimportant to overall success for that defense. Which is better 75 tackles, 6-7 sacks, a couple of fumbles and an INT or a centerfielder?

C) Pressure makes average DBs look better, and with Henry, Newman, Glenn, Reeves and Williams back there, average at FS will be more than good enough, if it means getting a bookend to pair with Ware.

Who is your pick for #18? You've been saying Williams is a waste and won't help our team....... Lawson and Carpenter could both slide to the 2nd round but that would be a great pick at #18 for us...... Talking about being worth the $$. With Williams back there Roy would be an extra backer putting pressure on QB's and shutting down the run like he was able to do with Woodson. Regardless.... who is your pick??????

superpunk

Reaction score
You can all go straight to hell.

We're picking a Punter to provide ST depth.

If you don't think so, you're probably baloney.

Baloney is steak's ******** cousin....

If you're eating steak, something specials happening.

If you're eating baloney, you might be special.

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I mean we all know that 1 year of evidence makes a whole case.

3 drafts not 1

It had nothing whatsoever to do with the talent of the people in the draft, it's entirely Bill Parcells.

Isnt it his job to evaluate that talent in the draft and pick the best possible players? Are you leading me to believe that every offensive lineman drafted into the NFL in round 1 during Parcells tenure here has been a bust?

So, if 10 years ago doesn't matter as to the man's resume' then let's go on his time in Dallas only.

Which 1st round O-lineman that he drafted here has been worth the effort?

Has he drafted a lineman in round 1 since he's been here? I rest my case.

Let me know if this is all too fast for you. I could do some Nyquil shots and numb my mind a bit if that would help.

you might try the Nyquil shots, cause whatever youre on now isnt working, youre getting owned and refuse to accept it.

LOL Nova is owning Hostile!!!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
cowboys#1 said:
ahhhhh no. too short and looks wimpy, though his sister is fine!!!!!

He's 6'4", 231 lbs.

top10quarterbackncaa2.jpg

And he doesn't look "wimpy" to me.

superpunk

Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
LOL Hostile is owning Nova!!!

http://img61.*************/img61/3066/death020dw.jpg

Time to drop some LBs, Hos....I always thought you were a guy. Oh well...

blindzebra

Reaction score
K-Mart said:
Who is your pick for #18? You've been saying Williams is a waste and won't help our team....... Lawson and Carpenter could both slide to the 2nd round but that would be a great pick at #18 for us...... Talking about being worth the $$. With Williams back there Roy would be an extra backer putting pressure on QB's and shutting down the run like he was able to do with Woodson. Regardless.... who is your pick??????

In the latest mocks Lawson is going in the top 15 in many and to us at 18 in several.

Carpenter is going around 20, and that is based a lot on him coming off an injury.

There is a lot of time between now and the draft for someone to get hot in jump up, much as Ware did last year.

It's silly to fixate on a certain player, but position is different, and no way in hell FS will have a bigger impact on this defense than SOLB.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
3 drafts not 1

Isnt it his job to evaluate that talent in the draft and pick the best possible players? Are you leading me to believe that every offensive lineman drafted into the NFL in round 1 during Parcells tenure here has been a bust?

Has he drafted a lineman in round 1 since he's been here? I rest my case.

you might try the Nyquil shots, cause whatever youre on now isnt working, youre getting owned and refuse to accept it.

LOL Nova is owning Hostile!!!
Take a lesson from the whale, the only time he gets harpooned is when he comes up to spout. Owning me? In your dreams. You'd need me on something stronger than Nyquil to even have a snowball's chance in hell.

I said exactly the same thing, he hasn't drafted an O-lineman in round 1. Therefore your contention that he can't draft an O-lineman "beyond round 1" (your words bra) is pure rubbish. He has a history of drafted O-linemen in rounds other than the first. I like your angle though. "Let's ignore that." Of course you want to pick and choose when your theory applies. It's the only way you don't look completely comical.

In other words Avon (Nova backwards because you're clearly mixed up right now), you started with a faulty premise, got called on it, and are acting too dense to realize it.

You want to annoint these players busts because of Parcells' abilities, then post some proof. Post a positive fact that Parcells cannot judge OL talent. Don't give me the "too lazy" excuse. Wow me with some actual football acumen. If you can't do that, and I suspect you can't, at least some debate acumen. Not going to hold my breath there either.

The man drafted an OT in the 6th round last year who started 16 games. That shoots your theory to smithereens by itself. Of course you'll try and spin doctor some criticism of Petitti into the argument, but it will be as limp as the rest of this "ownage" has been.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rack said:
He's 6'4", 231 lbs.

top10quarterbackncaa2.jpg

And he doesn't look "wimpy" to me.
Stop drooling.

:grin:

That kid is going to make some team's fans very happy for a long time I think.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
In the latest mocks Lawson is going in the top 15 in many and to us at 18 in several.

Carpenter is going around 20, and that is based a lot on him coming off an injury.

There is a lot of time between now and the draft for someone to get hot in jump up, much as Ware did last year.

It's silly to fixate on a certain player, but position is different, and no way in hell FS will have a bigger impact on this defense than SOLB.
Agree 100%.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Stop drooling.

:grin:

That kid is going to make some team's fans very happy for a long time I think.

How 'bout this one?

17639_512.jpg

K-Mart

Reaction score
blindzebra said:

Funny thing is i've seen mocks where the consensus is that Williams will go top 10 every time and Lawson has gone as low as #52. Some have him going 12 to the Browns but most have him late first early 2nd. Same with Carpenter. But according to your logic.. let's load up on LB's.... Your boy Burnett, OLB, I guess can't get the job done. Another high LB draft pick that won't start. Exactly what we should be looking for this year rather than a STARTER for years to come. Hell, like i said, according to one mock we could take Lawson in the 2nd.