Andrew Luck is retiring

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He could have retired at the beginning of the year, not halfway through pre-season.

They couldn't even figure out what his injury was for him to even determine if it was severe or not...

It was incompetence the Colts organization has shown since the end of Manning's stint there.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
He could have retired at the beginning of the year, not halfway through pre-season.

Ummm what? He tried his best to overcome this injury. But it was way more serious than they led on and he had enough of the beatings and mentally having to come back from these. Why would he retire at the beginning of the year if he had every intention to play?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The best news here for the Colts is that they can tank like 2011 and end up with another great prospect since the 2020 draft class for QBs is looking to be pretty strong. This QB should be coming in to a slightly better situation with the O-Line Indy built.

endersdragon

Reaction score
The best news here for the Colts is that they can tank like 2011 and end up with another great prospect since the 2020 draft class for QBs is looking to be pretty strong. This QB should be coming in to a slightly better situation with the O-Line Indy built.
And then waste him again.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
He was probably going to miss at least half the year if not longer with the ankle/calf. It’s not like he went Barry Sanders and was fully healthy when he retired.

He has his masters degree in architecture from Stanford. He knows he’ll make up at least 10% of his money back which isn’t something 99% of football players can say

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I was surprised to find he'd only been playing for 6 seasons. It felt to me like he'd been an NFL starter for 8-10 years.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Guess you’d rather Luck risked his health for the rest of his life, simply for your entertainment?
:facepalm:
risked his health as in what? he ha an ankle issue... not like he was risking death each week. He risked no more than he ever has. Who cares.... guy has made 100 million dollars and Im supposed to feel bad for him? goodbye luck, hello next player.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I smell a Favre-like return from retirement a few years from now. If it's just mental and physical, then years from now, his body will be healed, and chances are, he'll be craving and missing the action on the field, the sound of the crowds, the money, the adrenaline......

I'm predicting it now. Luck will make a comeback to the NFL around 2021.

robbieruff

Reaction score
Colts own his rights?
Yeah - you’re right. Was just poppin’ off. Reminiscent of Barry and Megatron hanging it up early. I actually thot the Colts were in a position to make some noise this year. Very surprising.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Stunning and that’s an understatement.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Good on Luck. When your body is telling you it’s done, you need to listen to it.

To many guys don’t get that message, and their brain turns to oatmeal when they’re 50 because of it.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Good on him for listening to his body, no game is worth your well-being.

There’s plenty of things Andrew Luck can do outside football.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
risked his health as in what? he ha an ankle issue... not like he was risking death each week. He risked no more than he ever has. Who cares.... guy has made 100 million dollars and Im supposed to feel bad for him? goodbye luck, hello next player.

It's not just his ankle (which turned out to be more serious than they originally thought), he also came off a shoulder injury that drained his arm strenght.

And the amount of money someone makes doesn't take away how poorly the team was managed around him that resulted in such injuries. You know, you can care about the poor and the rich and their unique situations they may find themselves in.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It's not just his ankle (which turned out to be more serious than they originally thought), he also came off a shoulder injury that drained his arm strenght.

And the amount of money someone makes doesn't take away how poorly the team was managed around him that resulted in such injuries. You know, you can care about the poor and the rich and their unique situations they may find themselves in.
Ill be honest..... I do not wish Andrew Luck any ill will at all, but the reality is he is not a friend of mine. I do not know him, he will never come to my house for dinner. He is little more than a movie character to me. He is one of the many people that play a game I love and get tons of enjoyment. That is really all I care about. Like I said, I dont wish him any ill will, but I simply dont care about Andrew Luck anymore than he cares about me.

So long and good luck to you Mr. Luck. Now put in the next guy so I can see if he can help my fantasy team.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Good on Luck. When your body is telling you it’s done, you need to listen to it.

To many guys don’t get that message, and their brain turns to oatmeal when they’re 50 because of it.
Roger Stauback had a concussion each morning for breakfast... hes doing pretty well. Aikman took a beating, yet hes doing pretty well. Lucks brain hasnt taking a beating. The guy simply didnt love football enough to endure what every player that plays the game does.... deal with serious pain issues. I have no right to criticize his decision, it is his decision and his decision alone to make. I dont really care as he doesnt play for my team. You want to know what people think and how quickly they dont give a crap about these guys.... watch the video of Luck getting booed off the field as he left the field tonight after word got out he was retiring. Should tell you all you need to know about how much fans really care about these guys.