Andrew Luck is retiring

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Never has it been more clear how fans think than tonight. Fans LOVE their guy, as long as he is their guy. Remember how Clevelan fans worshiped LeBron one day and burned his jerseys the next? Well tonight those fans loved Andrew Luck when he entered the field to watch the pre season game. Word got out he was retiring and they booed his arse off the field.

See ya later.... sucka

triplets_93

Reaction score
Andrew Luck is 100% into whatever he's into. That was football. Now, he's got a family (child on the way), and that's now what he's 100% into.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Roger Stauback had a concussion each morning for breakfast... hes doing pretty well. Aikman took a beating, yet hes doing pretty well. Lucks brain hasnt taking a beating. The guy simply didnt love football enough to endure what every player that plays the game does.... deal with serious pain issues. I have no right to criticize his decision, it is his decision and his decision alone to make. I dont really care as he doesnt play for my team. You want to know what people think and how quickly they dont give a crap about these guys.... watch the video of Luck getting booed off the field as he left the field tonight after word got out he was retiring. Should tell you all you need to know about how much fans really care about these guys.

Yeah, no. Disagreed 100%. What do you mean his brain hasn’t taken a beating? That’s a laughably uninformed comment, when you look at his injury history. Add that to the shoulder, spleen, kidney, ankle, calf injuries that Luck has gone through...

I feel like less players should just “deal with” “serious pain issues”. Just “dealing with it” to entertain some people like you, who apparently , don’t give an airborne fornication about them after they retire, seems like a waste of a life, doesn’t it?

Also, Staubach and Aikman lived in an era where the understanding of the impact of concussions was not even remotely close to being understood like it is today.

I really don’t care what other fans think of Luck, but I can say he has 100% earned my respect with his play and this decision.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Shocking, but good for him if he has decided that playing wasn’t worth the beating his body is taking.
Pointless having earned all the money he has if he’s unable to enjoy the luxuries because he’s constantly in pain.
And if he was in any doubt that he was doing the right thing, hearing those idiots booing him will have told him he was.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yeah, no. Disagreed 100%. What do you mean his brain hasn’t taken a beating? That’s a laughably uninformed comment, when you look at his injury history. Add that to the shoulder, spleen, kidney, ankle, calf injuries that Luck has gone through...

I feel like less players should just “deal with” “serious pain issues”. Just “dealing with it” to entertain some people like you, who apparently , don’t give an airborne fornication about them after they retire, seems like a waste of a life, doesn’t it?

Also, Staubach and Aikman lived in an era where the understanding of the impact of concussions was not even remotely close to being understood like it is today.

I really don’t care what other fans think of Luck, but I can say he has 100% earned my respect with his play and this decision.

My point was Aikman and Staubach played on concrete fields and took a far more serious head beating than Luck, and they are ok. I am not aware of Luck suffering multiple concussions.
I never said luck should deal with anything for me. Only he can determine what he can deal with as far as pain. Retire??/ Go ahead, I dont care. He is gone, and another steps in to take his place. Its a good relationship. I pay money, players pay football. They dont like the pain, they retire and someone else takes their place. Its all good. And like it isnt Zeke job to worry about other players pay check.. right, weve heard that.... its not my job to worry about players health.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I can understand Colts fans feeling shock, disbelief and disappointment right now. But, don't agree at all with them booing Luck.

If anything, they SHOULD be booing Irsay. At least Jerry learned (unfortunately, after Romo's first collarbone), that you may want a proper Oline if you're going to have a successful team. Irsay has been dreadful for Luck and was dreadful to Peyton towards the end of his time there.

Flamma

Reaction score
Good for him. Getting out while he's still young and can recover from his injuries and live a better than normal life. I think he made 75 Mil so far not counting endorsements? There is a lot of stuff he can do that doesn't include football.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Injuries must've really done him in, but absolute **** timing by him. Could be worse though. Could be at halftime of a regular season match.

Well, it's not as though he was planning on this injury happening to him...

What looked to be an injury that may have went away in a few weeks, turned out to be another injury that would keep him out most of the season. He also gave a heads up to the Irsay and the staff he was contemplating retiring once they figured out what the injury actually was. Well, they seemed to have figured it out and he's now done.

This is all on the front office and partly the previous coaching staff. Which sucks because they finally got Luck an O-Line and coaching staff. In a way, kinda reminds me of Romo's situation - outside of the coaching staff. We finally build the offensive line for him, taking about 5 years, but by then his body was already wearing down.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Jim Irsay should be in prison for the roster they put around Luck for years and how they handled him medically.

I'd be sick if I was a Colts fan. You take a generational talent QB like that and beat him down to the point he retires when he should be entering his absolute prime. Wow.

It's the game, unfortunately. Many of us say the same for Romo. I'd hope people would see this, and respect him more for what he did, but it won't happen.

Cebrin

Reaction score
What a joke bunch of fans

Sounds familiar.

akready1-595x298.jpg

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

What looked to be an injury that may have went away in a few weeks, turned out to be another injury that would keep him out most of the season. He also gave a heads up to the Irsay and the staff he was contemplating retiring once they figured out what the injury actually was. Well, they seemed to have figured it out and he's now done.

This is all on the front office and partly the previous coaching staff. Which sucks because they finally got Luck an O-Line and coaching staff. In a way, kinda reminds me of Romo's situation - outside of the coaching staff. We finally build the offensive line for him, taking about 5 years, but by then his body was already wearing down.

Luck took a terrible beating for too long. I really thought he was done a couple of years ago. Without a decent OL, you do not have a franchise QB. Wish him the best, he is a tremendous talent and the game was better with him competing

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

I agree. And I followed it up by saying that it serves the Colts front office right

InTheZone

Reaction score
I thought something like this was going to happen back when he had that off field injury that kept him out even longer from a couple years back and he's now accepting it. Will be fun to see the Colts tank away the season yet again for a top pick.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I thought something like this was going to happen back when he had that off field injury that kept him out even longer from a couple years back and he's now accepting it. Will be fun to see the Colts tank away the season yet again for a top pick.
Not a bad time to tank too with the type of QB prospects possibly in the draft next year.