Andrew Luck is retiring

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Not a bad time to tank too with the type of QB prospects possibly in the draft next year.

It's the year after next that is the best class. This coming draft class of QBs is not good. Tua and nothing else. Unless they think Tua can be the guy. I don't personally buy into him being some franchise QB that can do great things but he will be the best QB by far next year's draft. I think Lawrence will be that guy, though but they'd have to completely suck for 2 years straight. Not sure if they want to do that. They only had to do it one year to get Luck.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Roger Stauback had a concussion each morning for breakfast... hes doing pretty well. Aikman took a beating, yet hes doing pretty well. Lucks brain hasnt taking a beating. The guy simply didnt love football enough to endure what every player that plays the game does.... deal with serious pain issues. I have no right to criticize his decision, it is his decision and his decision alone to make. I dont really care as he doesnt play for my team. You want to know what people think and how quickly they dont give a crap about these guys.... watch the video of Luck getting booed off the field as he left the field tonight after word got out he was retiring. Should tell you all you need to know about how much fans really care about these guys.

Lmao at you naming a few players and telling us they do very well. How on earth do you know what they deal with day to day? How do you know how much beating Luck's brain has taken over his career? And then sitting on a computer or your phone and telling someone they should just deal with serious injuries? Why? So they can dance on stage for your entertainment? Sports fans are definitely the low hanging fruit of society.

And you nailed it on the head. "You don't care because he doesn't play for my team". But if he did, then you would care and you'd boo him as well is what you are insinuating.

Some people need to get a grip and realize the world does not revolve around your sports teams. These players owe you NOTHING or any explanation. He can retire whenever he pleases. It's his life. He is the one forfeiting the money left on the table. No one else. Life will go on I promise for these fans acting ignorant over a man they don't even know personally making a decision with his own life for his own personal benefit. Football is a violent game. More and more players are retiring early. It isn't worth it if your body is beaten to a pulp and you have to live with long term effects. So many players live miserable lives down the line after they retire.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Lmao at you naming a few players and telling us they do very well. How on earth do you know what they deal with day to day? How do you know how much beating Luck's brain has taken over his career? And then sitting on a computer or your phone and telling someone they should just deal with serious injuries? Why? So they can dance on stage for your entertainment? Sports fans are definitely the low hanging fruit of society.

And you nailed it on the head. "You don't care because he doesn't play for my team". But if he did, then you would care and you'd boo him as well is what you are insinuating.

Some people need to get a grip and realize the world does not revolve around your sports teams. These players owe you NOTHING or any explanation. He can retire whenever he pleases. It's his life. He is the one forfeiting the money left on the table. No one else. Life will go on I promise for these fans acting ignorant over a man they don't even know personally making a decision with his own life for his own personal benefit. Football is a violent game. More and more players are retiring early. It isn't worth it if your body is beaten to a pulp and you have to live with long term effects. So many players live miserable lives down the line after they retire.

Did you actually read what I said? I never said he should play, and I never said what he should do. I actualy said the decision to play or not was his and only his. I said I dont care one way or the other what he does or does not do. If he retires, another player will slide on into his spot and the NFL machine I love will keep going. I also dont have sympathy for these guys. They CHOOSE to play this VERY DANGEROUS sport for their own personal reasons. Money, fame, whatever it is... but the risks of playing this game at this point are VERY CLEAR. Do I wish these guys ill will? Nope, none. I hope they can all play and walk away from the game with zero health issues... but we all know that isnt reality. So when these guys end up with horrible knees or headaches later in life, am I going to feel bad and say we shouldnt have footbal? Hell no. Not any more than I would stop watching boxing when those guys suffer serious injuries or even death... just like NASCAR.

And I dont think any of those NFL players will sit around and cry me a river because my memory is going away due to all those burning oil wells I breathed in for 5 months when I served in the gulf war.

I wouldnt have booed him... but I can understand. Why wouldnt I boo him???? Because like I said, the choice to play or not is 100% his....... that, and I just dont care. So long Andrew... welcome Cody.

joseephuss

Reaction score
When you consider all the factors involved this was probably the best time for Luck to announce his retirement. The Colts are screwed doesn't mean Luck screwed the Colts. He had every intention of playing this season. Injuries just took charge. You can't control when injuries occur. If he knew in February what he knows now then that would have been a perfect time to retire. Unfortunately that isn't the case.

Luck could have put off retiring until mid-season or after the season, but both of those options are worse times than now. The Colts can go into the season knowing where the stand. They won't be playing with the remote hope that Luck might come back from injury. They know he is gone for good. They can also start the process of getting his money off the books. Why delay that? If he tried to keep rehabbing, he may have come back, but there was also a chance he couldn't play at all this season.

It is understandable for a Colts fan to be surprised by the news, but there is no reason to be mad at Luck. It is just a very unfortunate turn of events.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
It could get interesting if he returns the same time Brady exits. Even more so if he's not under contract, though at that point the Colts probably would have drafted someone anyway.

I always assumed Belichick would retire when Brady retires, but if a quality QB fell in his lap...

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
I guess you could say the Colts are...

giphy.gif

*bleep* outta Luck
I wish I could give that 100 likes. Well done.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It could get interesting if he returns the same time Brady exits. Even more so if he's not under contract, though at that point the Colts probably would have drafted someone anyway.

I always assumed Belichick would retire when Brady retires, but if a quality QB fell in his lap...
why would Bill retire? Isnt he the greatest coach in the history of the game? He just wins, no matter who he has..... remember?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It's the year after next that is the best class. This coming draft class of QBs is not good. Tua and nothing else. Unless they think Tua can be the guy. I don't personally buy into him being some franchise QB that can do great things but he will be the best QB by far next year's draft. I think Lawrence will be that guy, though but they'd have to completely suck for 2 years straight. Not sure if they want to do that. They only had to do it one year to get Luck.

2020 has Tua, Herbert, and Fromm - each you could argue are top 5 worthy. Costello and Eason are also interesting prospects. That's a good QB draft class.

ghst187

Reaction score
So with no Luck....
That only leaves 6 QBs I’d take over Dak right now and two of those are overdue on retirement.
(No Eli is not one of those two lol)

erod

Reaction score
So with no Luck....
That only leaves 6 QBs I’d take over Dak right now and two of those are overdue on retirement.
(No Eli is not one of those two lol)
You've got to be kidding.

Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Mahomes, Wentz, Mayfield, Goff, Stafford, Ryan.

Those 12 were easy.

I think Darnold and Murray will soon join that group, and perhaps Garrapolo, Carr, Cousins, and Foles.

Dak is in that third tier with Trubisky and Watson.

Until he proves differently. We'll know for sure in 3 months.

ghst187

Reaction score
You've got to be kidding.

Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Mahomes, Wentz, Mayfield, Goff, Stafford, Ryan.

Those 12 were easy.

I think Darnold and Murray will soon join that group, and perhaps Garrapolo, Carr, Cousins, and Foles.

Dak is in that third tier with Trubisky and Watson.

Until he proves differently. We'll know for sure in 3 months.

Not saying his QB skills are better, saying I’d pick Dak for our team over most guys, including Wentz (injured), Stafford (choker, overrated), Ryan (same), Darnold (haven’t seen enough yet), Murray (haven’t seen anything yet), Watson (injury, inconsistent), Cousins (not ever winning anything), Foles (flash in the pan), Garrapolo (May not last in San Fran), Carr (beat him head to head), Rivers (never winning anything)....
Which leaves Brady, Rodgers, Roth, Mahomes, and Brees....and I’m iffy on Wilson.

erod

Reaction score
Not saying his QB skills are better, saying I’d pick Dak for our team over most guys, including Wentz (injured), Stafford (choker, overrated), Ryan (same), Darnold (haven’t seen enough yet), Murray (haven’t seen anything yet), Watson (injury, inconsistent), Cousins (not ever winning anything), Foles (flash in the pan), Garrapolo (May not last in San Fran), Carr (beat him head to head), Rivers (never winning anything)....
Which leaves Brady, Rodgers, Roth, Mahomes, and Brees....and I’m iffy on Wilson.
Dak inherited the best offense in the history of the NFL for a new QB.

Then Zeke got suspended, and he failed to score 10 points in three straight games.

Circumstances matter. Stafford is a terrific quarterback stuck in purgatory. All 32 GMs would take a healthy Wentz over Dak. All those quarterbacks have specific team challenges that hold them up except for Ryan.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Wow, way to totally screw the team.
:facepalm:
He'd screw them worse collecting a paycheck to sit in the hot tub all year! Don't talk unless you've ever had an injury that takes your career. I had a complete reconstruction of my right ankle. Ligament transplant and three screws. Not fun!
:clap:
The man has been through every type of injury....some after a full year of rehab.
Everytime he battles back something else pops up.

Too bad for the Colts, but I get it.
Its why they traded for Brissett
:hammer:

Odd. She knew what she was getting into. And that income is now poof
It's not about the income sweetheart. They're very wealthy.
RG3 outlasted Luck. WTH.

People are saying football was taking a toll on his marriage.
I haven't read a thing about that. I have read where Luck was quoted saying he's in constant pain from injuries and that his arm never fully recovered either. Here's a link for a good read. Proof that your health is more important than $$.
BTW, who's RG3?! :laugh:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andrew-luck-retires-colts-quarterback-stuns-the-nfl-with-shocking-retirement-decision-at-age-29/

ghst187

Reaction score
Dak inherited the best offense in the history of the NFL for a new QB.

Then Zeke got suspended, and he failed to score 10 points in three straight games.

Circumstances matter. Stafford is a terrific quarterback stuck in purgatory. All 32 GMs would take a healthy Wentz over Dak. All those quarterbacks have specific team challenges that hold them up except for Ryan.

I still think we are talking apples and oranges.
Sure in a pure QB skills contest, Dak falls into the back third. But I don’t believe that replacing Dak with Stafford results in as many wins as OUR team gets with Dak. My whole thing is that I like Daks fit for us and his leadership and clutch’edness

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If I'm the Colts, I call the Giants on Eil's availability .......he could at very buy them a couple of years. Of course, I'd hate to see him leave the division but it makes a ton of sense

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's made his money and doesn't love the game enough to work through all these injuries. Its a shame b/c he was on track to play with the best team team Indy has ever given him and had a real shot to become a HOF QB. Guess some guys just don't care about their legacy. He will now be viewed as a supremely talented underachiever.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They’ve screwed him for years. Look at the crap o-line he’s been forced to play behind.

Could of been one of the greats, but this is what happens when you don’t surround your QB with a competent o-line.

Bingo. He took 100 sacks his first 3 years. Indy didn't deserve him.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Food for thought.........

Luck could come out of retirement for the 2021 season and be a UFA. He'll only be 32.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
The guy does not deserve to be boo the way he did. The colts have a low class fan base and should be ashamed. After hearing the boos that should be confirmation for him that he did the right thing instead of playing for some low class fans. You would have thought this was Philly.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The guy does not deserve to be boo the way he did. The colts have a low class fan base and should be ashamed. After hearing the boos that should be confirmation for him that he did the right thing instead of playing for some low class fans. You would have thought this was Philly.

Agreed. I dunno if that was representative of Colts fans, but I was quite disappointed in the ones booing. He did the right thing. His body has taken a toll from all the hits that he took. His oline had been horrendous since Peyton was in his last ride there. He was facing another uphill climb with another injury. If anyone is to blame, it's Irsay.