Andy Dalton | 2019 Highlights - Looks pretty good

Verdict

Reaction score
I like Dalton, would rather sign Dak to a long-term contract, but Andy will be a very good stop gap QB and mentor for a young QB if we happen to move on from Dak. If Jerry is butt hurt because Dak didn't sign, Dak will be gone next year, unless he wins us a SB.

I think getting Dalton “on the cheap” was a huge “get” for the Cowboys. Of course, he’s no Mahommes, but we have, at minimum, a mediocre starting level QB as a backup.

With a good supporting cast, I think Dalton could actually be a 10-20 range starting QB. That’s just my two cents.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think getting Dalton “on the cheap” was a huge “get” for the Cowboys. Of course, he’s no Mahommes, but we have, at minimum, a mediocre starting level QB as a backup.

With a good supporting cast, I think Dalton could actually be a 10-20 range starting QB. That’s just my two cents.
I don't think quite as high as your high end, but I think 15-20 is at least possible with better coaching and better support around him. That's really very good for a backup QB.

LittleD

Reaction score
I like Andy as a backup but undecided about him as a starter . . . also, fairly ok w/Dak but don't abide his contract demands.

Dak didn't sign the deal so he's taking the Cousins route. The divorce is on its way. Dak may get his long term deal but, with some other team.

LittleD

Reaction score
Got any basis for saying that, or just a hunch?

Look at Dak's record against playoff teams and there's your basis. This coaching staff didn't pick Dak and are not committed to him long term.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Look at Dak's record against playoff teams and there's your basis.

Dak's two playoff losses came when the Cowboys defense (unsurprisingly) crapped the bed (30 and 34 points). The Cowboys scored 22, 24, and 31 points in Dak's playoff games (1-2).

How did Dalton fare in his playoff losses? 10 points, 13, 10, and 10 again - good luck winning playoff games with that offensive production (0-4).

This fantasy that Dalton is going to save the team is hilarious. :muttley:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look at Dak's record against playoff teams and there's your basis. This coaching staff didn't pick Dak and are not committed to him long term.
lol - have you seen Dalton's record? There goes your first sentence ...

And the comment was that Dalton would be starting by the end of the season, not that the Cowboys weren't committed to Dak long term, so your second sentence has no relevance to the question asked.

Besides, only he can say what, if anything, his opinion is based on.

LittleD

Reaction score
Dak's two playoff losses came when the Cowboys defense (unsurprisingly) crapped the bed (30 and 34 points). The Cowboys scored 22, 24, and 31 points in Dak's playoff games (1-2).

How did Dalton fare in his playoff losses? 10 points, 13, 10, and 10 again - good luck winning playoff games with that offensive production (0-4).

My point was to look at his record against the best teams in the NFL, not just his two playoff losses. He craps the bed and his QBR is awful against great teams. That is why
Dallas will never get to a championship game with him, let alone a SB.

LittleD

Reaction score

Geez, expand your horizons. He craps the bed against great winning team in big games. His QBR is big games that matter are putrid.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Also want to point out that when the Bengals scored 13 points, the defense scored the touchdown. Our new QB savior could only lead the offense to 6 points that game.

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
its a reason why they called them " highlights " ... Highlights are always meant to " Look Good"

:muttley:

DandyDon52

Reaction score

well u just dont get it lol .
What dalton did in Cin in irrelevant . He is in Dallas now with different players, and different coaches. So can u comprehend the fact that his play
will be different here ??
And about those games, who did cin play, how good was their defense , how far did they go that year , what were the weather conditions.
All those things factor in and unless u watch the whole game for each one u cant properly evaluate Dalton.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well u just dont get it lol .
What dalton did in Cin in irrelevant . He is in Dallas now with different players, and different coaches. So can u comprehend the fact that his play
will be different here ??
And about those games, who did cin play, how good was their defense , how far did they go that year , what were the weather conditions.
All those things factor in and unless u watch the whole game for each one u cant properly evaluate Dalton.
A player's history is never irrelevant. That doesn't mean past and current circumstances shouldn't also be considered, but history has to be factored in.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
A player's history is never irrelevant. That doesn't mean past and current circumstances shouldn't also be considered, but history has to be factored in.
Then explain how tannehill's history in miami is relevant to how he did with titans.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
How is a team statistic relevant?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then explain how tannehill's history in miami is relevant to how he did with titans.
If Tannehill's history had been the same as what he did with the Titans he would have gotten Wentz/Goff money.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Watch this, no throws behind the wr, and most are right on the numbers!
doesnt look old or done to me.
Also he ran for 6 td's, how many did dak have?

highlights for 2019 11 minutes
Dalton is no Deer in Headlights,, he has a good head on his shoulders, and understands an offense, and with the weapons here in Dallas compared to Cinn might be the biggest adjustment for him.
If and when he gets a chance to play, even the haters might find themselves wondering if Dalton could be an even longer term stop gap, Dak gap.
Dak is the starter, but we have a solid BU that might raise eye brows in this environment should anything happen to/with Dak that puts Dalton in the drivers seat with this high powered offense.
Will be very interesting how MM plays his hand with this QB situation and this season specifically will be very telling on how this franchise is moving forward with Daks future with this team.