Andy Dalton | 2019 Highlights - Looks pretty good

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Did you see how many of those stats were compiled during garbage time looking at the scores? Lol.
Sure, did you see the soft touch to the RBs out of the back field, and the ball placement to the WRs, not behind them, but in placement so that the receiver was in full stride, not over thrown, or behind them?
Dak beats out Dalton in one single category, and I dont dismiss that category at all, Dak can take a hit,, his greatest attribute,,
I used the term attribute, because the slobberers dont like the term intangible anymore.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Sure, did you see the soft touch to the RBs out of the back field, and the ball placement to the WRs, not behind them, but in placement so that the receiver was in full stride, not over thrown, or behind them?
Dak beats out Dalton in one single category, and I dont dismiss that category at all, Dak can take a hit,, his greatest attribute,,
I used the term attribute, because the slobberers dont like the term intangible anymore.

Only a triggered person would have taken that sarcastic post seriously. But it's always good to know who's who. Lol.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
In big games against quality opponents, QB's matter most just ask Brady. Dak has been weighed, he's been measured, and he doesn't measure up for big money.
Sure. Now hold everyone else accountable.

LittleD

Reaction score
Sure. Now hold everyone else accountable.

With the coaching fiasco we had, there was little chance for the team to overcome the mediocre play of Dak. If we would have had a Jimmy Johnson type and
his staff last year, Dak may have played better but, alas! Dak is a fine young man and a good QB. He is not now nor never will be a "great" QB. He requires great coaching & a
great team backing him up to win the big games that get you to a championship game. I would never pay him top 5 QB money and I hope that the Cowboy FO will come around to that
outcome.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
In big games against quality opponents, QB's matter most just ask Brady. Dak has been weighed, he's been measured, and he doesn't measure up for big money.
We know how important QBs are in big games. We haven’t had a big game QB since Aikman retired.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
Most highlight clips tend to be this way...
Dalton is by no means elite but I think the OP is just trying to point out that he can do things well. His ceiling is higher than some expect. The guy can make the throws and this would be his best team he’s ever been a part of. Guy could be a top half QB and maybe even elevate to the bottom of the top 10 with this team.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dalton is by no means elite but I think the OP is just trying to point out that he can do things well. His ceiling is higher than some expect. The guy can make the throws and this would be his best team he’s ever been a part of. Guy could be a top half QB and maybe even elevate to the bottom of the top 10 with this team.
exactly !! well said lol
Some think I am trying to say he is a great qb, which he isnt, but then most are not.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If that’s all he was doing why did he link his positive comments about Dalton with negative comments about Dak (Dalton didn’t throw behind receivers and had more rushing TDs than Dak). No, he was clearly trying to make Dalton look good relative to Dak, and he did so with a highlight reel that is designed to show highlight plays and not a comprehensive view, and he overstated Daltons rushing TDs, and conveniently ignored that Dak has had more rushing TDs in 3 of his 4 seasons.

Last edited:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The 4 INTs he threw against the Pats were seriously accurate.

I just seriously can't believe that there are folks who think this team would be better with Andy Dalton starting lmao.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
With the coaching fiasco we had, there was little chance for the team to overcome the mediocre play of Dak. If we would have had a Jimmy Johnson type and
his staff last year, Dak may have played better but, alas! Dak is a fine young man and a good QB. He is not now nor never will be a "great" QB. He requires great coaching & a
great team backing him up to win the big games that get you to a championship game. I would never pay him top 5 QB money and I hope that the Cowboy FO will come around to that
outcome.

This is why I cant take most things people say about Dak's play seriously.....By what measure did you come to he played Mediocre last year..and if you say your eyes i need to know the list off people who actually matter in the NFL that trust your eyes...because every other thing you measure a QB by says he had a very good year.....

Qcard

Reaction score
This is why I cant take most things people say about Dak's play seriously.....By what measure did you come to he played Mediocre last year..and if you say your eyes i need to know the list off people who actually matter in the NFL that trust your eyes...because every other thing you measure a QB by says he had a very good year.....
Eye test Mafia will never snitch...

LittleD

Reaction score

As Parcells said, you are what your record says you are. Not only 8&8 but, losing to all the better teams he played says a lot about the QB... Sorry, but stats don't win championships. Look at Brady's stats and then look at the games he won. Back to school, Junior.

Swagger

Reaction score
Well it's all relative.

Prescott didn't make the pro bowl or the All Pro last season. Generally if someone plays at a high level they are recognised in at least one of the two aforementioned awards.

On paper his Individual stats look impressive yet clearly didn't impress people who voted. All Pro is the more relevant level of recognition in reality.

So compared with his QB peers in the NFC yes Prescott was average last season.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Anything is possible.

of course, he could also continue not playing well like he has been the last few seasons.

Only one way to know for sure, though I don’t think we will find out this season unless Dak gets hurt.

Qcard

Reaction score
Yet somehow this thread insinuates that Andy Dalton hasn't been measured?

0 - 4 in Playoff games

5-19 in Primetime Games

6 Ints 1 TD in playoffs

118 Career Ints

14 Career Pick 6s

Yet 32 yr old Dalton will do better with the Cowboys:facepalm::lmao2:

What is this Roadhouse?:yourock:

That dog doesn't Hunt no more All Rifle no shot

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I'd rather have Dak, Ngakoue and Griffen/Clowney.
Ngakoue is a really good player and would pretty much be ideal for what Nolan/Tomsula want to do on defense.

It would be great if Dallas could swing a trade for him without having to give up too much.

He would however, be another high priced guy to have to pay. That alone would probably keep it from happening. I don’t think the team would give up quality draft capital plus have to shell out another big contract. Not right now anyway.... and that’s probably smart.

He would be great though. He could play the 43 WDE spot or the Robber (34 WOLB) spot.