Andy Dalton | 2019 Highlights - Looks pretty good

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Wait what? Where did you get that? If we had the first round pick and Dak was our qb, I would be looking for a change like Cincy did. It's quite the opposite, I AM looking at records at both players. The fact is Dak has never had a losing season as a starter. Dalton on the other hand has and his team picked their top pick in the entire draft to replace him.

For the record, highlights always look good because that's what they are: highlights.

I do like Dalton, but i do not believe he's a better option than what we have as our starter.
Anybody that says Dalton is better than Dak is wrong, silly and foolish. Its not even close. Even when Dalton had very good teams around him he was never considered elite or even top 10 in the league.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait what? Where did you get that? If we had the first round pick and Dak was our qb, I would be looking for a change like Cincy did. It's quite the opposite, I AM looking at records at both players. The fact is Dak has never had a losing season as a starter. Dalton on the other hand has and his team picked their top pick in the entire draft to replace him.

For the record, highlights always look good because that's what they are: highlights.

I do like Dalton, but i do not believe he's a better option than what we have as our starter.

I got it from the argument that we were 8-8 with Dak. Many people argued...the team record isn't a player stat. Tony Romo received much the same treatment (blame). But now suddenly you are reversing that assessment and assigning win/loss to QB's.....with different resources available to them.
I didn't see Cinci go out and get a viable #1 receiver to help Andy.
Many people bagged on Dak our last game as a very poor performance. "but he was injured" some said. Andy had injuries too...but we're not gonna use that excuse for him.

Look if you personally have always held QB's accountable for win/loss records....okay fine. Hard to keep every single person's M.O. straight.

And...I think comparing these two QB's from totally different teams....is a bit presumptuous. ("highlights" might help...and "lowlights too! :rolleyes: ). I do sincerely doubt Dak has the same success at Cinci he had here. I just really do. Hopefully a camp and preseason can shed some light on it.

I want best player to start...whoever that may be.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Watch this, no throws behind the wr, and most are right on the numbers!
doesnt look old or done to me.
Also he ran for 6 td's, how many did dak have?

highlights for 2019 11 minutes

Any Dak critic that thinks Dalton is acceptable is a total and complete fraud.

I like Dalton as a QB, amazing backup...…………..but if your standards are so high that Dak isn't good enough then its laughable that Dalton is fine for you.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I didn't "coveniently" leave out anything. I just looked up the stats of both on the same site and posted them. I'm not a hater or a lover, I just root for my team no matter who plays for them. Those stats are posted as completely unbiased information.

At least I posted what I found on a site. Your post was an opinion based on your perception of what I was trying to say.....and you were wrong. Everyone knows how you feel about Dak. I on the other hand don't really feel anything one way or the other. I just want my team of 50 years and counting to win and be competitive.
You thought you were making a point, until you looked in the mirror and realized you were clueless. I just reminded you.

Dalton's Bengals have been to the playoffs 5 times, Dak has struggled to get there twice. Dak is a dink and dunk game manager who for three years before last year's fluke outlier ranked 30th in passing yards per game and 13th in TDs. Don't forget to post those numbers, Einstein.

erod

Reaction score
I think they've already answered it. Dak is getting 31 million....Dalton is getting 1.5. Question answered.
Dalton could have gotten more elsewhere. Saw a better chance to win the job here.

And the tag means nothing in the end. Dak got a Tyrone Crawford type of overpay.

erod

Reaction score
Well with Dak people say "he can't throw the deep ball" and to me highlights kill that claim. Highlights show you what a guy can do but it doesn't show you good someone is IMO.
There are a lot more throws where Dak doesn't make the big throw than those where he does. They don't get included in the highlight reel.

Dak sprays it all over. Witten and Beasley never had drops until Dak got here, then suddenly they had drops. Adjusting to his throws is a challenge.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There are a lot more throws where Dak doesn't make the big throw than those where he does. They don't get included in the highlight reel.

Dak sprays it all over. Witten and Beasley never had drops until Dak got here, then suddenly they had drops. Adjusting to his throws is a challenge.
What drops Witten and Beasley have? Cooper, Gallup and Cobb were the main ones with drops......

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
What drops Witten and Beasley have? Cooper, Gallup and Cobb were the main ones with drops......
He’s the one who claimed Dez was dropping balls because of the arc Dak was putting on the ball. I remember him being a sensible poster years ago on the old DC.com message board. Now he just over-exaggerates everything and spews garbage.

Witten and Beasley’s drops didn’t increase outside of norm. Dez had drop issues some years with Romo, too. Cooper has had drop issues with other QBs.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

He just doesn’t have the arm strength to make all the NFL throws that unnecessary. He’s intelligent he can read it defense. He’s a great back up

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dalton is a better QB than Prescott without a doubt.
You put Prescott on the Bengals having to face the Steelers and Ravens every year.....LOL:muttley:...you get the picture.
We should be happy that our new coach pulled a rabbit out of the hat and got us, Andy, to replace inept Prescott.

erod

Reaction score
He just doesn’t have the arm strength to make all the NFL throws that unnecessary. He’s intelligent he can read it defense. He’s a great back up
LOL, he's got a better arm than wind-up lollipop Dak.