Andy Dalton | 2019 Highlights - Looks pretty good

khiladi

Reaction score
https://sportdfw.com/2019/12/04/dallas-cowboys-red-zone-problem/

Dak only had three rushing TDs this last year and one of them was a 42 yarder. Teams this year spied on him in the red-zone and DARED him to beat them with his arm. And he couldn’t.. Bottom half in the red-zone, 16th total and 22nd on the road.

Dak’s been so good running the ball in the red zone, teams have taken notice. They are now shadowing Dak – especially when the Cowboys go 11 personnel and spread out the defense. Opponents are essentially daring Dak to beat them outside through the air.

Dak has struggled with zones his career. Nobody gets more man on the outside, one deep safety, because of the running game than Dak.

https://sportdfw.com/2018/10/24/dallas-cowboys-zone-coverage-is-daks-kryptonite/

If he sees man coverage on the outside, Dak seems to relax and knows where he wants to go with the ball before the snap. You get plays like the one to Michael Gallup. You get plays like he made against Jacksonville, who stubbornly stayed in man coverage for a good portion of the game.

This explains Dak in a nut shell. He’s a one read QB. That explains the ‘deep bombs’ on this team.

https://sportsinfosolutionsblog.com...-amari-cooper-face-challenge-with-colts-zone/

Much of Cooper’s impact this season has been against a man defense. Since Cooper’s first game with Dallas in week nine he ranks first against man defenses in yards (432), yards after the catch (209), touchdowns (6) and has put up a 139 receiver rating.

Having Cooper as a weapon against man defenses has improved the entire offense, as Prescott’s game has been elevated to new heights against man defenses, including a 48-point jump in IQR.

Teams just aren’t threatened by Dak. They may be with his legs in the red-zone, but if they pay attention to it, then Dak can’t prove it with his arm.

Last edited:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
https://sportdfw.com/2019/12/04/dallas-cowboys-red-zone-problem/

Dak only had three rushing TDs this last year and one of them was a 42 yarder. Teams this year spied on him in the red-zone and DARED him to beat them with his arm. And he couldn’t.. Bottom half in the red-zone, 16th total and 22nd on the road.

Dak has struggled with zones his career. Nobody gets more man on the outside, one deep safety, because of the running game than Dak.

https://sportdfw.com/2018/10/24/dallas-cowboys-zone-coverage-is-daks-kryptonite/

This explains Dak in a nut shell. He’s a one read QB. That explains the ‘deep bombs’ on this team.

https://sportsinfosolutionsblog.com...-amari-cooper-face-challenge-with-colts-zone/

Teams just aren’t threatened by Dak. They may be with his legs in the red-zone, but if they pay attention to it, then Dak can’t prove it with his arm.
But the team was top 5 in the league in the amount of offensive tds per game with 3.0.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I'd withhold my judgments until I've seen what he can do behind our o-line.

Andy was under lots of pressure throughout that full game that Cincy won.

Thanks to Dandy Don for providing that full game of Cincy vs. Atlanta. :)

Andy will never be the 2nd coming of Aikman but he'll do as a backup! ;)
I havent finished it yet, but the first half was good ,7 td's and 1 fg scored ! the fg was due to Atl ran out of time.
I am in 3rd now , and defense's are better.
Dalton has a int in 3rd, but it was off the wr, who had 1 hand held, but no call so tip ball int.
But up to that point Dalton looks vg.

khiladi

Reaction score
But the team was top 5 in the league in the amount of offensive tds per game with 3.0.

That’s because they fell behind and Dak padded his stats. Dallas was 1-5 when Dak had to throw over forty times. When Dallas went trailing into half-time last year, they were 0-7. The Bears game was a typical example of this.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article238104579.html

And the point is, Zeke was actually among the top backs in scoring, particularly from the red zone.

So the inefficiency wasn’t the RG, it was the passing game.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Some of our fanbase says he's 2nd to Dak due to his age. I guess they're not fans of Brady. :lmao:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
That’s because they fell behind and Dak padded his stats. Dallas was 1-5 when Dak had to throw over forty times. When Dallas went trailing into half-time last year, they were 0-7. The Bears game was a typical example of this.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article238104579.html

And the point is, Zeke was actually among the top backs in scoring, particularly from the red zone.

So the inefficiency wasn’t the RG, it was the passing game.
Dak had only the 16th most passing attempts in garbage time though. How do you explain that?

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak had only the 16th most passing attempts in garbage time though. How do you explain that?

How are you qualifying garbage time? Dak couldn’t lead his team to victory period, when down at half-time this year.

They NEVER had that problem when Zeke was the focal point, wearing defenses doen, and Dak, the check-down QB only had to bus drive his way down the field in the 4th quarter against an exhausted defense.

How does your stat relate to the fact that the majority of the scoring of Dak and Dallas was in garbage time? I never said Dallas didn’t have explosive WRs. Dak couldn’t score in the red zone period.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He’s the one who claimed Dez was dropping balls because of the arc Dak was putting on the ball. I remember him being a sensible poster years ago on the old DC.com message board. Now he just over-exaggerates everything and spews garbage.

Witten and Beasley’s drops didn’t increase outside of norm. Dez had drop issues some years with Romo, too. Cooper has had drop issues with other QBs.
He's started this crap recently it seems. Just make posts to get people riled up. I don't understand it but it is what it is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How does that relate to the fact that the majority of the scoring of Dak and Dallas was in garbage time? I never said Dallas didn’t have explosive WRs. Dak couldn’t score in the red zone period.
EYK2IBzXQAA69jK

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You and Dak need to get a room. Seriously.

He's average, dude. The absolute definition.
Its a damn shame what the posters did on this site to you......I don't know where this troll version of you came from but its unsettling. You're too old for this.

khiladi

Reaction score

Are you saying Dak scored 4438 points? Did you read what qualifies as garbage time here? The Cowboys were down 24-7 against the Bears in the third and that game would have never qualified as garbage time.

What to you think proves your point?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
How are you qualifying garbage time? Dak couldn’t lead his team to victory period, when down at half-time this year.

They NEVER had that problem when Zeke was the focal point, wearing defenses doen, and Dak, the check-down QB only had to bus drive his way down the field in the 4th quarter against an exhausted defense.

How does your stat relate to the fact that the majority of the scoring of Dak and Dallas was in garbage time? I never said Dallas didn’t have explosive WRs. Dak couldn’t score in the red zone period.
Redzone needed some work but the offense was 4th in efficiency and top 5 with 3 tds per game. I dont understand garbage time is garbage time if you dont know what it is look it up. I already know but imma make you do some homework.

You ppl on here really braindead. Everyone knows the defense, special teams, and coaching were bad last year. The QB play was the least of our problems

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Are you saying Dak scored 4438 points? Did you read what qualifies as garbage time here? The Cowboys were down 24-7 against the Bears in the third and that game would have never qualified as garbage time.

What to you think proves your point?
That's what post people consider garbage time. You can come up with your own idea of what garbage time is if you want to.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Witten's and Beasley's drops went up quite a bit when Dak arrived.
I foolishly looked this up......

In 2018 Cole Beasley had ONE drop. Had 6 drops with the Bills.
In 2019 Jason Witten had 6 drops. Imagine envying someone so much that you hav not lie to make yourself sound right.....just sad man......

khiladi

Reaction score
Redzone needed some work but the offense was 4th in efficiency and top 5 with 3 tds per game. I dont understand garbage time is garbage time if you dont know what it is look it up. I already know but imma make you do some homework.

You ppl on here really braindead. Everyone knows the defense, special teams, and coaching were bad last year. The QB play was the least of our problems

So tell me what qualifies as garbage time? 21 pts apparently per the poster above, but per the Bears game that doesn’t even qualify.

And efficiency with Football Outsider is rated with the later season, meaning games are given more importance how teams end the season and Dallas was 2-4 to end the season. And those game were pretty much all, Dak padding stats while losing. Dak’s best games weee the first three this season and you are honestly going to tell me they were more efficient to end the season than start?

What does special teams have to do with red zone scoring? That means you’ve moved up the field, but you can’t score.

khiladi

Reaction score
That's what post people consider garbage time. You can come up with your own idea of what garbage time is if you want to.

That’s what YOU consider garbage time to try and make excuse for Dak, but everybody knows that the Bears game, including you, wasn’t close. That is what THEY consider garbage time is for their poster.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That’s what YOU consider garbage time to try and make excuse for Dak, but everybody knows that the Bears game, including you, wasn’t close. That is what THEY consider garbage time is for their poster.
So help me understand.....the Cowboys were down by 10.....they kick a field goal and are down by 7 and go for the onside kick.....yet, you consider it garbage time? So what do you consider garbage time if you lose the game by 30 points? The Cowboys had a chance to tie that game whether they sucked or not and they were bad that game. 17 points is too tough to come back from? With Garrett it is I guess.....