Andy Dalton Appreciation Thread

Redline360

Reaction score
Dalton played a great game(for him) in the first half. Play calling in the redzone crushed any momentum we had.

Washington made adjustments at half and bodied the OL like no other the second half. Moore makes zero adjustments and keeps calling the same drawn out plays. Dalton then becomes useless. Moore gets desperate and starts pulling plays out of a children's book.

Mahomes wouldn't have done nothing with mores play calling in the second half.

Gaede

Reaction score
Dalton is what he is. Alex Smith who plays for the Cowboys.

Though, unlike Alex Smith, he doesn't throw it to a player who's 2 ft in front of him for a pick 6. But it's a minor difference.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Dalton played a great game(for him) in the first half. Play calling in the redzone crushed any momentum we had.

Washington made adjustments at half and bodied the OL like no other the second half. Moore makes zero adjustments and keeps calling the same drawn out plays. Dalton then becomes useless. Moore gets desperate and starts pulling plays out of a children's book.

Mahomes wouldn't have done nothing with mores play calling in the second half.

Lmao at comparing Mahomes to this bum Dalton. Good lord stop. Mahomes can improvise and make good reads and progressions.Dalton is a bum who needs every single thing to go right to even have a chance to win. If any one little thing goes wrong on a play, he is toast. Mahomes easily wins today and it isn't even close. He throws guys open and knows how to go down field. Dalton does not.

Redline360

Reaction score
Lmao at comparing Mahomes to this bum Dalton. Good lord stop. Mahomes can improvise and make good reads and progressions.Dalton is a bum who needs every single thing to go right to even have a chance to win. If any one little thing goes wrong on a play, he is toast. Mahomes easily wins today and it isn't even close. He throws guys open and knows how to go down field. Dalton does not.

I wasn't comparing Mahomes to Dalton for fks sake. No one is argurably that stupid.

Was implying good quarterbacks would struggle with this play calling aswell

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I wasn't comparing Mahomes to Dalton for fks sake. No one is argurably that stupid.

Good QBs would have played better.

CWR

Reaction score
I really don't believe Dalton played badly. What we saw was the result of Martin going down as well as our other back up to our back up, who was a starting tackle. With the run game effectively dead these coaches grasp at straws.

Then there's the issue of our "star" rb fumbling completely unprovoked. The special teams coach is a damn fool too.

The defense was bound to collapse eventually.

Blackspider214

Reaction score

Has zero to do with playcalling. Dalton just is not that good. This is the same playcaller where Dak had 450yds seemingly in his sleep.

And you are comparing the two and giving Dalton an out by making up some false narrative that is not even close to existing. If Kellen Moore had Mahomes, the playcalling would be a complete 180. Dalton can not throw the ball down field. I don't mean the deep sideline balls that are safe where he hits a few a blue moon. I mean zip the ball down the seams and opens the defense up.Dalton is a dink and dunk subpar QB who hits a long ball here and there. Your hands are tied with Dalton.