Andy Dalton Career Playoff Performance

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It isn't an insult. It is the truth on this topic. Oh no we've got to the your post isn't readable part. Nah I don't want to "clean" it up. You're not smart enough to understand basic English that's on you.
But it is an insult. You attack me personally, but your position on the actual subject is weak.

Attacking a person personally is an insult. I cant believe you need this explained to you

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I don't disagree with anything you said. Since I'm a Cowboys fan I'd love for Dak to be good but I'm also not blind either. He is just a Kirk. Cousins clone and if people wouldn't want him here don't see why they want Dak here outside of emotional reasons.

Are you for drafting a quarterback then? I am. I don't think Dalton is the one to compete for the starting job. IMO Dalton is a competent backup, and just a short-term good option for the backup position, which is exactly what I think the front office was thinking. IMO they should draft the best quarterback prospect possible in first round. If they need to trade up to get him, fine. Then he and Dak can compete for the starting job. It's an ultra competitive sport, and not just in the sense of one team against another. It's competitive within the team for starting positions. If that lights a fire under Dak and he's able to beat out the new guy, fine. He competed well against Romo. When Dak got the chance to start due to injury, he had to have known that good performances could lead to him being the starter, if not that year, then in years to follow. If he truly is the guy, then he should be able to out-compete the newcomer. If not, if we find someone better, then it's a meritocracy, and that competition will lead to us having a better quarterback. Then Dak can either accept a backup role or move on to another team.

The best teams in history have always been meritocracies that start off in training camp with competition. It is not easy. Being an NFL football player is one of the most brutal jobs on the planet. But it's just the way it is. I'm glad that Coach Landry chose to go with Staubach over Morton. There were some reasons to go with Morton. He was a number one draft pick and had been on the team longer and thus had had more time to learn the intricacies of Landry's complex offense. He had backed up Meredith for I think about 4 years and he had a cannon arm. Landry's system was designed specifically for a pocket passer, not for a scrambler, so Morton was more of the type of quarterback the system was designed for. But with all those reasons to go with Morton, Staubach was just the better athlete of the two. He was way better at improvising and had much better escapability. When things went wrong, he could not get rattled, something that Morton had problems with. So even with some very good reasons to go with Morton, Staubach was the better overall quarterback. Landry could have traded Staubach for some quality athletes, given the heavy demand for good quarterbacks. Imagine getting some monster defensive lineman or linebacker to make Landry's already tough defense even better. Then you have a good quarterback in Morton. There were reasons on paper why that choice could have worked, but in a competitive system, Staubach was the better of the two and hence the right choice. And trading Morton did yield us a great defensive player in Randy White.

In short, that's why I'm for drafting a quarterback. It's nothing against Dalton. He'll do fine in the role of backup this year if called upon, but he's not the quarterback to challenge Dak for the start. When competition happens within a team, great things can happen.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
But it is an insult. You attack me personally, but your position on the actual subject is weak.

Attacking a person personally is an insult. I cant believe you need this explained to you

Could you guys just agree to disagree? We all love the same team. If you believe Dak is the guy or you believe Dak is not the guy, either view is fine. Just back up your position with reasons. We don't have to agree on everything to get along. We're all Cowboy fans. If some other fan thinks the team should do something different than what you want them to do, that's perfectly fine. We all celebrate wins together and suffer losses together.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Up until a few years ago I'd always say the Bengals should just play their backup once they make the playoffs

Valkyr

Reaction score
2011: 27 of 42 (64.3%). 257 yards. 0 TD's, 3 INT'. 51.4 rating

Lost to Houston 31-10

2012: 14 of 30 (46.7%). 127 yards. 0 TD's. 1 INT 44.7 rating

Lost to Houston 19-13

2013: 29 or 51 (56.9%) 334 yards. 1 TD. 2 INT's. 67 rating.

Lost to San Diego 27-10

2014: 18 of 35 (51.4%) 155 yards. 0 TD's. 0 INT's. 63.4 rating.

Lost to Indianapolis 26-10

Career playoff stats. 88 of 158 (55.7%) 873 yards.
1 TD. 6 INT's 57.8 rating

Bengals were 0-4 and averaged 10.75 points a game
source.gif

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Could you guys just agree to disagree? We all love the same team. If you believe Dak is the guy or you believe Dak is not the guy, either view is fine. Just back up your position with reasons. We don't have to agree on everything to get along. We're all Cowboy fans. If some other fan thinks the team should do something different than what you want them to do, that's perfectly fine. We all celebrate wins together and suffer losses together.
I agree we can agree to disagree on this issue.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
No. You just dont understand effective communication. Now they have have bumped the pay, maybe McDonald's will actually offer you guys some courses
If you only knew what I did IRL you'd see how stupid that comment is but since its online say whatever makes you feel better. I'm also tired of replying to 4/5 different post of yours esp when we aren't about to change our minds. I'm going to be the bigger poster and say I was wrong and you were right. I'm done with this. Have a great day.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you only knew what I did IRL you'd see how stupid that comment is but since its online say whatever makes you feel better. I'm also tired of replying to 4/5 different post of yours esp when we aren't about to change our minds. I'm going to be the bigger poster and say I was wrong and you were right. I'm done with this. Have a great day.
You dont need to concede to me. I can be the bigger man as well. A simple "agree to disagree" would suffice.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Are you for drafting a quarterback then? I am. I don't think Dalton is the one to compete for the starting job. IMO Dalton is a competent backup, and just a short-term good option for the backup position, which is exactly what I think the front office was thinking. IMO they should draft the best quarterback prospect possible in first round. If they need to trade up to get him, fine. Then he and Dak can compete for the starting job. It's an ultra competitive sport, and not just in the sense of one team against another. It's competitive within the team for starting positions. If that lights a fire under Dak and he's able to beat out the new guy, fine. He competed well against Romo. When Dak got the chance to start due to injury, he had to have known that good performances could lead to him being the starter, if not that year, then in years to follow. If he truly is the guy, then he should be able to out-compete the newcomer. If not, if we find someone better, then it's a meritocracy, and that competition will lead to us having a better quarterback. Then Dak can either accept a backup role or move on to another team.

The best teams in history have always been meritocracies that start off in training camp with competition. It is not easy. Being an NFL football player is one of the most brutal jobs on the planet. But it's just the way it is. I'm glad that Coach Landry chose to go with Staubach over Morton. There were some reasons to go with Morton. He was a number one draft pick and had been on the team longer and thus had had more time to learn the intricacies of Landry's complex offense. He had backed up Meredith for I think about 4 years and he had a cannon arm. Landry's system was designed specifically for a pocket passer, not for a scrambler, so Morton was more of the type of quarterback the system was designed for. But with all those reasons to go with Morton, Staubach was just the better athlete of the two. He was way better at improvising and had much better escapability. When things went wrong, he could not get rattled, something that Morton had problems with. So even with some very good reasons to go with Morton, Staubach was the better overall quarterback. Landry could have traded Staubach for some quality athletes, given the heavy demand for good quarterbacks. Imagine getting some monster defensive lineman or linebacker to make Landry's already tough defense even better. Then you have a good quarterback in Morton. There were reasons on paper why that choice could have worked, but in a competitive system, Staubach was the better of the two and hence the right choice. And trading Morton did yield us a great defensive player in Randy White.

In short, that's why I'm for drafting a quarterback. It's nothing against Dalton. He'll do fine in the role of backup this year if called upon, but he's not the quarterback to challenge Dak for the start. When competition happens within a team, great things can happen.
Yes I'm for drafting a QB. That is probably the only way the extreme Dak fans will get on board if we have a high enough pick and or do like KC did to get. Mahommes.

Honestly I agree with just about everything you said. My slight disagreement is I'd just get rid of Dak if I got a top QB and let someone like Dalton be the starter or backup for another year.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You dont need to concede to me. I can be the bigger man as well. A simple "agree to disagree" would suffice
I know I don't need to concede to you but this isn't big enough where me conceding mean jack spit so why not.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know I don't need to concede to you but this isn't big enough where me conceding mean jack spit so why not.
There was never an actual debate between us anyways. Just an internet pissing match about nothing. There has to be an actual debate on a subject for someone to concede.

I guess agreeing to disagree wouldnt apply either then. So I guess, we should both just **** off

Loso86

Reaction score
2011: 27 of 42 (64.3%). 257 yards. 0 TD's, 3 INT'. 51.4 rating

Lost to Houston 31-10

2012: 14 of 30 (46.7%). 127 yards. 0 TD's. 1 INT 44.7 rating

Lost to Houston 19-13

2013: 29 or 51 (56.9%) 334 yards. 1 TD. 2 INT's. 67 rating.

Lost to San Diego 27-10

2014: 18 of 35 (51.4%) 155 yards. 0 TD's. 0 INT's. 63.4 rating.

Lost to Indianapolis 26-10

Career playoff stats. 88 of 158 (55.7%) 873 yards.
1 TD. 6 INT's 57.8 rating

Bengals were 0-4 and averaged 10.75 points a game
So many here want him to start lol

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm a Dak guy, period.

Pointing to Dalton's playoff performances tell us about the state of the Bengal team at that time as well as Dalton's skill and experience levels....at that time.

Chemistry is a strange thing, there have been circumstances where things just pop. The team comes together while that quarterback's strengths and a teams overall abilities are perfectly compatible.

Jim Plunkett, Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer, all older quarterbacks called upon to lead their team as an aged veteran because the starter was injured at some point. They all suffered during the early years of their careers. they all ended as Super Bowl champions.

We don't know about the potential for success unless Dalton is put out there. That only happens with a Dak injury so I hope I don't see it. However, if worse comes to worse, his success is what I hope to see.