Andy Dalton is the equivalent of Steve Beuerlein

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
and why would paying Dak stop us from building a team? no one seems to be able to explain it, although everyone keeps pointing to it...

I'll take a shot at it.

Jerry and Stephen were unable to build a championship team when Dak was cheap. It will be even harder when he's expensive.

It's more of a Jerry and Stephen problem than a Dak problem, but it's a significant issue nonetheless.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'll take a shot at it.

Jerry and Stephen were unable to build a championship team when Dak was cheap. It will be even harder when he's expensive.

It's more of a Jerry and Stephen problem than a Dak problem, but it's a significant issue nonetheless.
again, you didn't answer the question.....how does he stop them from building a defense? which players could we have signed and we didn't? which players were available? which players are available in 2021? and how do you compensate for losing so much on the QB position?

Steve007

Reaction score
yes, I believe its our "best" chance to win a superbowl......its not gauranteed. it never is, its about opportunities, potential....

without Dak (lets say Dalton) we have negative 18% chance of winning it.
I will be surprised if Dak ever plays in a NFC championship game.

Steve007

Reaction score
he has not, but doesn't mean he will not. not comparing Dak to Manning as everyone keeps wanting to make it to be, but Manning was 0-4 in the playoffs.....

Dalton isn't the answer, so why consider him because he is cheap? so we should weaken the QB position, to trash, but use the money to try and FIND, no gaurantees find enough players to overcome that...that's idiotic approach...

Dak's contract negotiations have been around market value....similar to goff, wentz, wilson, watson........keeping in mind that wilson, wentz, goff signed last year and they still were on their old contracts....

good organizations know which players to keep, how to build....looking into future sounds like tanking..

Dalton is not an option.

the only other option is to draft, which is a gamble...only to spend a few years to develop and then what? get into contract negotiations....sounds very familiar.
Wentz and goff were paid too much. Dak isn't nearly as good as wilson. I'm saying don't pay Dak elite money when he isn't elite. Good organizations don't overpay average players.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Wentz and goff were paid too much. Dak isn't nearly as good as wilson. I'm saying don't pay Dak elite money when he isn't elite. Good organizations don't overpay average players.
what he was asking for wasn't elite. it was in line for top 10 QBs.....and he was asking for 4 years not 5, so he was actually asking for less total, less guarantee.