Andy Dalton is the equivalent of Steve Beuerlein

kskboys

Reaction score
Thank you. I agree with you about Herbert. I'd have him close to the top list as well. I'd put Matt Ryan in at 11, but I think Tannehill beats him out just based on the job he's done. Though, given that Tannehill has Derrick Henry certainly makes things easier for him. On that front, I could see switching Ryan for Tannehill.
Garropolo also to be considered. Burrow to enter convo soon.

Sometimes Locke makes me want to put him in there somewhere, but then...............he doesn't!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Or, paying a few players huge amounts. That will also kill you as you'll have weaknesses elsewhere as well as poor backups.
if you have an impact player, one that produces, over paying slightly is fine. because they produce. cap goes up and the contract amount will not be an issue...

paying large amounts to player that produce Nothing and actually are detrimental to the team is what kills you...

and the only reasons I put Zeke in there is because one, I never wanted to draft a RB in top 5 or top 10...that's a mistake. and secondly he had 2 years left on the contract....Jerry blinked.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Andy sucks, that's why he doesn't cost much...there were several interim starting positions available this year and NONE of the teams wanted him...

there is a HUGE HUGE drop off in play....take a look at the offensive results yourself....or close your eyes and pretend. your choice

and Dak is not asking for a ransom. he is negotiating at current NFL top 10 QB market value......

and why would paying Dak stop us from building a team? no one seems to be able to explain it, although everyone keeps pointing to it...
You are entitled to your opinion and i respect it .I want no part of Dak in this team and it is my opinion

Steve007

Reaction score
Price to High? I thought Jerry Jones said you would be shocked by the amount he would write on the check for another Super Bowl. In a book he said he would write a check for $250,0000 for a Super Bowl.

I guess he was fooling the Arlington Jonesboys fans again. Here is another Arlington Jonesboys fan drowning in that Arlington Jonesboys Kool-Aid.

Do you believe that if they sign Dak long term the Cowboys are going to win a Super Bowl? Don't drink the kool aid Jerry is serving.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Too early for him to be compared to Beuerlein since that team made the playoffs. This thread should have been created after a win over the giants and a eagles win

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jerry has already overpaid players. Dak cant take an average team deep into the playoffs. For the money he is asking they should keep Dalton and look to the draft for the future.
why do you say Dak can't take a team deep into the playoffs? because he is 1-2 in his first 4 years...is that reason enough to measure all QBs about their ability to go deep in the playoffs...

if that's the case, then dalton is 0-4 in the playoffs and his worst performances have come in the playoffs...what gives you the confidence that he can go deep into the playoffs?

and you want to go hunting in the draft? you like to gamble? and what if it doesn't work out? do it again? how many years do you wait before you decide that the QB drafted is not worth it? and lets say we hit on one and he develops...will you give him a new contract or are you going hunting in the draft again?

geesh

Steve007

Reaction score
why do you say Dak can't take a team deep into the playoffs? because he is 1-2 in his first 4 years...is that reason enough to measure all QBs about their ability to go deep in the playoffs...

if that's the case, then dalton is 0-4 in the playoffs and his worst performances have come in the playoffs...what gives you the confidence that he can go deep into the playoffs?

and you want to go hunting in the draft? you like to gamble? and what if it doesn't work out? do it again? how many years do you wait before you decide that the QB drafted is not worth it? and lets say we hit on one and he develops...will you give him a new contract or are you going hunting in the draft again?

geesh
Dak has not taken the Cowboys deep into the playoffs. Last year the cowboys lost to the eagles 17-9 for the NFC east. Dalton isn't the answer, but he isn't asking what Dak is. If the Cowboys give Dak what he wants that's a big gamble. You have to look at the cap and the future. Good organizations are always looking to the future. We know how good Dak is. If they can get him for a cheaper price and not loose good players...Great.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak has not taken the Cowboys deep into the playoffs. Last year the cowboys lost to the eagles 17-9 for the NFC east. Dalton isn't the answer, but he isn't asking what Dak is. If the Cowboys give Dak what he wants that's a big gamble. You have to look at the cap and the future. Good organizations are always looking to the future. We know how good Dak is. If they can get him for a cheaper price and not loose good players...Great.
he has not, but doesn't mean he will not. not comparing Dak to Manning as everyone keeps wanting to make it to be, but Manning was 0-4 in the playoffs.....

Dalton isn't the answer, so why consider him because he is cheap? so we should weaken the QB position, to trash, but use the money to try and FIND, no gaurantees find enough players to overcome that...that's idiotic approach...

Dak's contract negotiations have been around market value....similar to goff, wentz, wilson, watson........keeping in mind that wilson, wentz, goff signed last year and they still were on their old contracts....

good organizations know which players to keep, how to build....looking into future sounds like tanking..

Dalton is not an option.

the only other option is to draft, which is a gamble...only to spend a few years to develop and then what? get into contract negotiations....sounds very familiar.

Gameover

Reaction score
Disrespectful to Steve! I loved Beuerlein That guy literally put Michael Irvin on the map!

Michael played at a 2,000 yard pace w Steve

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Do you believe that if they sign Dak long term the Cowboys are going to win a Super Bowl? Don't drink the kool aid Jerry is serving.
yes, I believe its our "best" chance to win a superbowl......its not gauranteed. it never is, its about opportunities, potential....

without Dak (lets say Dalton) we have negative 18% chance of winning it.

GMO415

Reaction score
After the last game, calling Red Rifle Steve B is a slap in the face to Beuerlein.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Too early for him to be compared to Beuerlein since that team made the playoffs. This thread should have been created after a win over the giants and a eagles win

That 1991 team was far better than the one that played yesterday. I know that doesn't factor into the thinking of the acerebral "QB record" crowd, but it factors into real life.