Andy Dalton is the equivalent of Steve Beuerlein

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
How about some love for that young offensive line. They are by no means an elite group but they are scrappers who fought the whole game. This will definitely pay dividends next season and make that squad deeper and more experienced.
I don't get why people keep saying this - the OL got worked all night. The run blocking was OK once Cox went out, but they can't pass block for anything.

Dalton's time to throw was 2.24 seconds last night, the OL didn't have to do anything.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about some love for that young offensive line. They are by no means an elite group but they are scrappers who fought the whole game. This will definitely pay dividends next season and make that squad deeper and more experienced.
Atta boy! Just what we need during these troubled times.

A positive and realistic take on what's going on here.

cern

Reaction score
I don't get why people keep saying this - the OL got worked all night. The run blocking was OK once Cox went out, but they can't pass block for anything.

Dalton's time to throw was 2.24 seconds last night, the OL didn't have to do anything.
kellen moore had a plan.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Umm.....Andy didn't get killed? {shrug}

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No quarterback gets killed when they throw the ball that fast - especially when the opponents' best DL leaves the game.

Hmmm....not sure how you can say that with a straight face.

2 qb's injured escaping a quickly destroyed pocket.

(Okay...I may have made up "quickly"...I can;t remember the details...but stand by my overall point)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i was not being sarcastic. i think kellen is an outstanding oc.

I do have an issue with the way he's all too often used Zeke.

I think we could have been WAY more creative and proactive getting zeke more productive.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Hmmm....not sure how you can say that with a straight face.

2 qb's injured escaping a quickly destroyed pocket.

(Okay...I may have made up "quickly"...I can;t remember the details...but stand by my overall point)
The whole point of throwing the ball quickly is that they don't get hit. I'm not sure what's confusing here.

A DL isn't going to get to the QB with any consistency in 2.24 seconds even if the OL is terrible. Those QBs don't need to leave the pocket, where those injuries happened is irrelevant.

Slick

Reaction score
One of the differences in this game seemed to be Dalton's quick release. Seemed like there was a shift after 14-3, I think. He was just getting the ball out quicker and trusting the receivers to make a play.
The pocket collapses almost as quickly as the ball gets in his hands. He doesn’t have much choice at all.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Plunkett led the Raiders to a victory in Super Bowl XVIII following the 1983 season before retiring in 1988. He is the only quarterback to start and win two Super Bowls

The only quarterback to start and win two Super Bowls? :huh:
Please explain.
Thanks.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Can't win with Prescott as his talents won't allow for it.
Yes, it's a cap league so you get the idea here.
Add the injury so ya Dalton is the only choice that makes sense.
Now if you want fantasy scenarios and excuses hit up the Dak-Trolls they make Alice in wonderland look like a documentary on Covid.
:laugh:

cern

Reaction score
I do have an issue with the way he's all too often used Zeke.

I think we could have been WAY more creative and proactive getting zeke more productive.
zeke didn't produce when given his chances. nothing kellen could do about that. so he started using pollard more often. the plan worked.