Andy Dalton or Cam Newton?

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
Full disclosure...I am a TCU fan soooo.

I think Dalton is < Dak but if Dak got traded or went down, I think we are in better hands with Dalton than Cam. Cam seems to be a more fragile and a worse passer than Dak. But again, I’m very biased so I’m probably not as objective as other opinions on here.

Hell I should have recused myself from this post but too late now. Lol

With the savings I use on pass rushing players. We must make opposing QB’s much more uncomfortable and we aren’t really close IMO.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
It makes me sad to see a grown man who calls himself a football fan, be so lazy and/or stupid that he makes statements my grandma would've made on her 90th birthday.

"Cam Newton made a Super Bowl! Dak hasn't!" is about as lazy/stupid as it gets. :laugh::laugh:

Let's look at how Cam made a Super Bowl:

Seahawks scored 24 points, Panthers won.
Cardinals scored 15 points, Panthers won.
Broncos scored 24 points, Panthers lost.

Yeah boy, old Cam carried his team there. :muttley:

Dak's two playoff losses? The opponent scored 30+ points. The Cowboys haver never won a playoff game when that happened, and neither has Cam.

I'd be embarrassed to be in your shoes. This isn't hard to understand, unless my 90 year old grandma understood football as well as you, or you're just lazy.
It makes me sad when a grown man destroys his own arguments in his posts :laugh:

The Cowboys defense held the Hawks to 22 points in that wild card win :laugh:

It makes me sad when a grown man would pathetically choose an average joe at QB over a former MVP that scored 45 TDs in that same season and was an all-pro :laugh::laugh::laugh:

bodi

Reaction score
I would not touch Cam for nothing got to big head

Hadenough

Reaction score
Cam Newton has been beat up the last few years and with him having foot and shoulder problems he really has gone downhill. I wouldnt want him.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
if the team decided to spend the cap space on defense rather than a qb and signed cam to a deal similar to daltons and let them compete for the starting spot.
1. Who do you think would win?
2. What moves would be made to use the cap space no massive qb contract would leave?

Doesn't matter, it's not going to happen.

Swanny

Reaction score
If Cam would take the exact same contract that Dalton did I would take Cam. But obviously Cam would never do that so I'll take Dalton

DandyDon52

Reaction score
if the team decided to spend the cap space on defense rather than a qb and signed cam to a deal similar to daltons and let them compete for the starting spot.
2. What moves would be made to use the cap space no massive qb contract would leave?
well it would depend on what I have to pay cam.
If he is as cheap as dalton, then yeah sign him , and roll with both of them and dinucci as # 3.
Cam would be good in redzone , and short yardage 3rd downs due to his run ability's.
If it is 3rd and long, then it would be dalton. rotating qb's can work if done right, it makes it hard on defense because
they have to adjust to each qb.

As to who would win or which is best, I would have to see them in ps to get an idea on that.

But it wont happen, jones boys are fixated on dak like he is rogers and mahomes combined.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
It makes me sad when a grown man destroys his own arguments in his posts :laugh:

The Cowboys defense held the Hawks to 22 points in that wild card win :laugh:

It makes me sad when a grown man would pathetically choose an average joe at QB over a former MVP that scored 45 TDs in that same season and was an all-pro :laugh::laugh::laugh:
And a qb (CAM) who has been injured several times and is no longer the qb he used to be. Maybe he is healed but are you willing to pay 20mil or more to find out?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Dalton wins at this point in their careers. Cam and other physical QB's are great when they have their entire tool box but like others before him once they lose that ability to be effective running the ball they are done. Those types of QB are not career long franchise guys. They are great for 3-5 years then you must move on.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
if it wasn't for Cam's injuries, probably Cam newton. Dalton brings nothing special to the table as a backup QB. you can help hide his weaknesses in a short period, but you can't win with him consistently on a long term and would have to lean on the rest of the team heavily....again if cam wasn't injured, he has more and shows more, even with his mobility....

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Ever since I watched him just look at the ball on the ground in the Super bowl no less. I've been done.

Adreme

Reaction score
Dalton would win the job and the ceiling for the team becomes sneaking into the playoffs and making no noise whatsoever, because Dalton is not that good.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If healthy, it is Cam and it isn't even close. The guy is a $35m QB if his body is right.