Andy Dalton or Cam Newton?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You don't think they could do better than 8-8 with cam or andy?
Even if they used the cap space on guys like clowney and adams?

To put it another way, we were 8-8 with a starting quarterback with a passer rating of 99.7. What makes you think we could have done better with a starting quarterback with a passer rating of 78.3 or 71? (Newton doesn't have a single year in his nine-career where he had a passer rating of 99.7; Dalton has one — 106.3 — in nine years.)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I raise you Elfrid Payton...

65-D504-F7-0-CC2-458-F-8-FF3-4-AFDA9-B19-B49.jpg
New meaning for "hat head".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we’d be surprised how many QB’s would have success in this offense supporting cast.
Other than the Saints, there is no better set up for a QB to just execute the offense than the Cowboys. Which is why I think the Cowboys are the best suited team to overcome QB1 going down.

Too much has been made of Prescott's rookie season. Not many have stepped into a situation like that, the only two that come to mind are Marino and Rothliesberger. Usually a rook QB is stepping into a mess that he's expected to fix. They sure as hell don't end up starting the season with the best OL and best RB in the game.

And this is not a slam against Prescott, I am sure he would have preferred to have been picked at the top of the 1st round. And I have a lot of respect for QB's that can manage the game and execute the offense. That's what Aikman, Brees, Manning and Brady did/do.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I've never been a Cam Newton fan but I have to pick him over Dalton. Cam has a much better record in the playoffs.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
if the team decided to spend the cap space on defense rather than a qb and signed cam to a deal similar to daltons and let them compete for the starting spot.
1. Who do you think would win?
2. What moves would be made to use the cap space no massive qb contract would leave?
Cam newton other than the attitude

TwentyOne

Reaction score
if the team decided to spend the cap space on defense rather than a qb and signed cam to a deal similar to daltons and let them compete for the starting spot.
2. What moves would be made to use the cap space no massive qb contract would leave?

1. Andy Dalton.
2. No more moves required. Trade Dak and gather picks to get our next QB.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Healthy Cam > every QB on this roster
I usually agree. But Cam still has not gotten that lose in the SB out of his head. Talent wise yes. But he is venturing into Jeff George territory since the loss in the super bowl.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Carson Wentz has the same support in Philadelphia. He hasn’t been that good consistently. People saying he’ll be better in Dallas. You just can’t make statements like that. It’s speculation

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
1. Andy Dalton.
Let’s trade a quarterback that we don’t want. For draft picks. But why don’t they do that themselves. Keep the draft picks and get there own

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You don't think they could do better than 8-8 with cam or andy?
Even if they used the cap space on guys like clowney and adams?
Absolutely not. We only won those 8 games last year primarily from our QB performance. Downgrading big time at the most important position on North American sports is never a smart idea.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Maybe call New Orleans about a trade for Drew Brees.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Cam can take a hike!

zack

Reaction score
I'm not saying as a backup. I'm saying cam and Andy compete for starting qb and trade the current qb.

No thanks. I want nothing to do with Cam Newton as a starter, period. Trust me, the guy is a whiner. My son played his 7 on 7 team in Myrtle Beach earlier this year and he was whining about calls in an under 15U 7 on 7 league.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
1. Andy Dalton.

Some people seem really excited to see old Jerry make a move to draft the next Paxton Lynch, Connor Cook, Johnny Manziel, or Quincy Carter.

He fell into Romo and Dak by accident and they're better than anyone he really wanted to draft since Jimmy left. :muttley: