Andy Dalton puts it to rest

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm with you on this. Just 200 yards all game? I would rather have had Dak throw for 425 yards and lose the game. That would have been awesome.

What people seem to miss, at least my observation of it, is that Dak was more successful throwing for 200/300 and getting 100 plus out of the running game then he's ever been throwing for 400 plus. I mean, if you look at Dak's record, here is essentially how it breaks down.

When throwing for 200/300 plus, he's 28/16
When Throwing for 400/500 plus, he's 4/3

Here's what's interesting, when throwing for 100 plus, he's 10/8.

So clearly, the real sweet spot here for Dak is 200 to 300 yards but really, it's getting the right amount of attempts and carries. Those who believe that this offense needs to be throwing 40 to 50 times a game and putting up 400 or 500 yards don't really know jack about this game. The running game needs to be able to produce and get carries. Dak is not the end all, be all of this Offense. The true star of this Offense is the OL. We go as they go. Dak goes as they go, Zeke goes as they go, the Receivers go as they go. Balance is the key here. Those who think Dak is some other world QB who can win games by putting up big stats aren't paying attention to who and what our team is IMO. To me, it's pretty easy to see but I guess for others, it's not.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So your connected to the team? can you please give me the specifics of the very questionable contarct? Can you also give me the names of the coaching members and staff that said he was not a franchise QB? Well i waited for nothing as you didn't answer the question I was waiting on. Please show me again the Iron locked gaurentee that has been explained to me many times on this board about how to build said championship team? I'm all for Championships again just would like to see exactly how getting worse QB play equates to a championship? Are you saying that paying a QB market rate ends your chances of winning...oo I'm sorry are you assuming? Look i wasn't being rude, and you can be thats fine but when you do make a point don't just type a bunch of text and answer nothing.....Franchise QB's win with good teams (if you have not figured that out by now Thats on you)..And If you have insider information of the franchises that are winning in today's NFL while letting thier "Franchise QB' walk please share..as I asked for....its all opinions and by all means police it how you like, "but don't think you can come in here" and spew trash without backing it up with facts....If Dak is not a Franchise QB then show me.....if your not saying that then say that....but riding the tongue in cheek comments about wins and loses only prove my point, its a team stat. If your ready to declare any QB without a championship wasn't a "Franchise QB" then make that stand.....

No I'm not, but then again, I'm not telling you how to think either. Figure it out.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No I'm not, but then again, I'm not telling you how to think either. Figure it out.

I didn't tell you how to think, I asked you to show me what winning Franchise GM's are doing........Again your trying to create some high road that isn't there. I said winning teams GM's are signing thier franchise QB's and building teams around them....if I'm wrong please show me. how is that telling you how to think? I asked If Dak isn't a Franchise QB then please show me that..again not telling you how to think..then said and win/lose records are a team stat so if thats how your rating your Franchise QB be prepared for me to show you all the other Franchise QB's who have not won a championship...again still asking.....but again its the same thing with Dak, when people dont like him it's about the money now because he plays good football so they can't show me how he is at fault for our loses....I'm just trying to do what you asked and figure out how this gets better by moving on from Dak.....So help me figure it out.....which leads me to the point...please show me the winning franchises who's plan is to save money at the QB position and spend elsewhere....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak tries to give the game away much more times than that and Dalton isnt asking for an all you can eat buffet
Dalton is done. he is now barely a bus driver. his career has been defined as one that can't get it done....1-12 in big time games when it counts for something, 0-5 in playoffs....Dalton shouldn't be asking for the buffett, he doesn't even belong in the dining room.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What people seem to miss, at least my observation of it, is that Dak was more successful throwing for 200/300 and getting 100 plus out of the running game then he's ever been throwing for 400 plus. I mean, if you look at Dak's record, here is essentially how it breaks down.

When throwing for 200/300 plus, he's 28/16
When Throwing for 400/500 plus, he's 4/3

Here's what's interesting, when throwing for 100 plus, he's 10/8.

So clearly, the real sweet spot here for Dak is 200 to 300 yards but really, it's getting the right amount of attempts and carries. Those who believe that this offense needs to be throwing 40 to 50 times a game and putting up 400 or 500 yards don't really know jack about this game. The running game needs to be able to produce and get carries. Dak is not the end all, be all of this Offense. The true star of this Offense is the OL. We go as they go. Dak goes as they go, Zeke goes as they go, the Receivers go as they go. Balance is the key here. Those who think Dak is some other world QB who can win games by putting up big stats aren't paying attention to who and what our team is IMO. To me, it's pretty easy to see but I guess for others, it's not.
if you look at any QBs stats, if they are that high, it means they are playing from behind, thus throwing a lot. when you have 250-300 yards, it means you had a good game, running game is working and most importantly your defense is playing well..... the difference in the game yesterday was that the defense got two turnovers.....that's huge...its the biggest indicator of wins and losses.....they also made two crucial stops, which they didn't before...against cleveland we gave up a 50 yard run to a WR no less, yesterday we made a stop....both in first half and second half.....we turned the ball over, but defense didn't fold, they made a stop.....

we also ran the ball extremley well, which opens up the play book, controls the clock and thus allows you to control the game....we averaged 6.75 yards on first down runs.....12 of them in all...there were two big runs, so lets take those out....we still ran for over 5 yards per run......when you have 2nd and 5..its a lot different play calling than 2nd and 8 or 2nd and 7.....the defense and run game allowed us to manage the game, keep it close and pull it out in the end.....

Qcard

Reaction score
if you look at any QBs stats, if they are that high, it means they are playing from behind, thus throwing a lot. when you have 250-300 yards, it means you had a good game, running game is working and most importantly your defense is playing well..... the difference in the game yesterday was that the defense got two turnovers.....that's huge...its the biggest indicator of wins and losses.....they also made two crucial stops, which they didn't before...against cleveland we gave up a 50 yard run to a WR no less, yesterday we made a stop....both in first half and second half.....we turned the ball over, but defense didn't fold, they made a stop.....

we also ran the ball extremley well, which opens up the play book, controls the clock and thus allows you to control the game....we averaged 6.75 yards on first down runs.....12 of them in all...there were two big runs, so lets take those out....we still ran for over 5 yards per run......when you have 2nd and 5..its a lot different play calling than 2nd and 8 or 2nd and 7.....the defense and run game allowed us to manage the game, keep it close and pull it out in the end.....
Andy Dalton had 2 TD drives of 5 Plays or less....

The Defense and Special teams won the game.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I didn't tell you how to think, I asked you to show me what winning Franchise GM's are doing........Again your trying to create some high road that isn't there. I said winning teams GM's are signing thier franchise QB's and building teams around them....if I'm wrong please show me. how is that telling you how to think? I asked If Dak isn't a Franchise QB then please show me that..again not telling you how to think..then said and win/lose records are a team stat so if thats how your rating your Franchise QB be prepared for me to show you all the other Franchise QB's who have not won a championship...again still asking.....but again its the same thing with Dak, when people dont like him it's about the money now because he plays good football so they can't show me how he is at fault for our loses....I'm just trying to do what you asked and figure out how this gets better by moving on from Dak.....So help me figure it out.....which leads me to the point...please show me the winning franchises who's plan is to save money at the QB position and spend elsewhere....

Yeah, you pretty much did. At least, you tried. I don't owe you anything. You made statements and then put it on me or the rest to prove validity over things YOU made up. The statements you made are not truths. They are opinions and you are welcome to them but don't come here and try to tell me that what you suggest are the only truths. They are not. Why don't you prove your statements instead of asking me or anybody to show you. They are your statements, you prove them.

You never asked if Dak was a Franchise QB. You made that a statement. You said, and I quote, your post #170 of this thread:

The Question should be this, what posiiton do you want your best players.....How come only in Dallas is it a problem to have a franchise QB and build a team around them....I'm not saying just you but there are many on here who have argued against Dak until he proved them wrong on every thing they wanted.....now its the money...why is that because its the only argument that Dak can't..Again its a team sport the GM has to build a team..most succesful GM's dont start that by saying "I'm going save money at the QB postion" if I'm wrong please show me the the winning teams letting Franchise QB's walk in the last 10 years....I'll wait. If your saying Dak isn't a franchise QB again please show me your facts that back that up..mind you wins are a team stat so be prepared to prove me wrong on that....

Where are the questions in this statement? You are making nothing but statements and then tell me that I need to prove you wrong? Everything about this post is wrong. Why is it that I should have to educate you on things that have been discussed on this board hundreds of times? Go read threads that discuss this. You can't swing a dead cat without running into them on a daily basis, it seems. You seem to be confused with how this works. You make a statement, you support it. That is on you, it's not on other posters.

You want me to support my statement? Cool, here is my statement, post 166 of this thread:

This is the a very reasonable satement. I basically had the same discussion with ABQJr. last night.

I can defend this. First, ABQJr. is my Son. I can pretty much speak with him at any time I choose. Second, the team is obligated to evaluate value in terms of players. That's the job. The question that all of this should be about is value. If you don't understand that, if you don't believe that, if you don't want to hear that, that's not on me. That's on you.

I don't owe you anything more then that.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yeah, you pretty much did. At least, you tried. I don't owe you anything. You made statements and then put it on me or the rest to prove validity over things YOU made up. The statements you made are not truths. They are opinions and you are welcome to them but don't come here and try to tell me that what you suggest are the only truths. They are not. Why don't you prove your statements instead of asking me or anybody to show you. They are your statements, you prove them.

You never asked if Dak was a Franchise QB. You made that a statement. You said, and I quote, your post #170 of this thread:

The Question should be this, what posiiton do you want your best players.....How come only in Dallas is it a problem to have a franchise QB and build a team around them....I'm not saying just you but there are many on here who have argued against Dak until he proved them wrong on every thing they wanted.....now its the money...why is that because its the only argument that Dak can't..Again its a team sport the GM has to build a team..most succesful GM's dont start that by saying "I'm going save money at the QB postion" if I'm wrong please show me the the winning teams letting Franchise QB's walk in the last 10 years....I'll wait. If your saying Dak isn't a franchise QB again please show me your facts that back that up..mind you wins are a team stat so be prepared to prove me wrong on that....

Where are the questions in this statement? You are making nothing but statements and then tell me that I need to prove you wrong? Everything about this post is wrong. Why is it that I should have to educate you on things that have been discussed on this board hundreds of times? Go read threads that discuss this. You can't swing a dead cat without running into them on a daily basis, it seems. You seem to be confused with how this works. You make a statement, you support it. That is on you, it's not on other posters.

You want me to support my statement? Cool, here is my statement, post 166 of this thread:

This is the a very reasonable satement. I basically had the same discussion with ABQJr. last night.

I can defend this. First, ABQJr. is my Son. I can pretty much speak with him at any time I choose. Second, the team is obligated to evaluate value in terms of players. That's the job. The question that all of this should be about is value. If you don't understand that, if you don't believe that, if you don't want to hear that, that's not on me. That's on you.

I don't owe you anything more then that.

Again ...you even posted my questions....if not the QB position then what position...if it isn't Dak then please show me why.....if the winning franchises are letting Franchise QB's go then who....Man you can keep writing short stories I don't care about..or just say I'm not answering that because I dont want to ...ok.. I never said you owed me anything I asked you to answer ...the only thing your correct about so far is you don't owe me anything..I agree with that.....

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Again ...you even posted my questions....if not the QB position then what position...if it isn't Dak then please show me why.....if the winning franchises are letting Franchise QB's go then who....Man you can keep writing short stories I don't care about..or just say I'm not answering that because I dont want to ...ok.. I never said you owed me anything I asked you to answer ...the only thing your correct about so far is you don't owe me anything..I agree with that.....

It's not a question. It's a statement. Don't treat me like a fool. You are basically wasting my time but let me just go ahead and ask you, what exactly did I post that suggested I had any interest in educating you on the litany of misinformed statements you made? I mean, what exactly is your reasoning there?

See, I've been on this board a very long time. I know what I'm seeing and what I'm reading. If you want to discuss, rehash a bunch of topics that have been discussed for literally years, then go on ahead and do that but don't expect me to waste a bunch of time on it. Why should I? You aren't interested in the game. You aren't interested in discussing player performance. You are interested in propping Dak. If that's your thing, cool. Go find somebody who wants to do that. That ain't me.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It's not a question. It's a statement. Don't treat me like a fool. You are basically wasting my time but let me just go ahead and ask you, what exactly did I post that suggested I had any interest in educating you on the litany of misinformed statements you made? I mean, what exactly is your reasoning there?

See, I've been on this board a very long time. I know what I'm seeing and what I'm reading. If you want to discuss, rehash a bunch of topics that have been discussed for literally years, then go on ahead and do that but don't expect me to waste a bunch of time on it. Why should I? You aren't interested in the game. You aren't interested in discussing player performance. You are interested in propping Dak. If that's your thing, cool. Go find somebody who wants to do that. That ain't me.

So don't respond to your responses unless I agrre with them...Gotcha "long time on the board" no worries wont happen again..don't wont to "assume" your on the meassage board to "educate" people.....wow

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So don't respond to your responses unless I agrre with them...Gotcha "long time on the board" no worries wont happen again..don't wont to "assume" your on the meassage board to "educate" people.....wow

No. You can absolutely feel free to not respond to them at all.

:laugh:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
You pay Dak $40 million, and you can kiss Gallup and many other key players goodbye.

That's the definition of stupid.

Dak can't carry the team like an elite quarterback.

The salary cap era conundrum

robertfchew

Reaction score
Beating a team with a losing record doesn’t count.

hadn't they won a few games in a row and were considered the best of the bad teams? I get we need the best draft pick possible but sometimes a win is needed to show the team hasn't fully given up. These same viqueens best the packers a couple games ago.

Dre11

Reaction score
You mean his first start where Zach Martin actually played the full game and they won on the road against a legitimate defense and he was threading needles, getting the ball out quickly and checking into the run when he needed to?

Oh yeah, this one must really hurt..

Lol and damn near threw the game away on the goaline....lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You pay Dak $40 million, and you can kiss Gallup and many other key players goodbye.

That's the definition of stupid.

Dak can't carry the team like an elite quarterback.
I don't care. Bye Gallup. I'm not choosing Gallup over a franchise QB that's moronic. We'd still have Lamb and Cooper.

Proof

Reaction score
Dalton has played in four games and has two game winning Drives.

someone go tell that dope that runs the blogging the boys twitter.

this is actually impressive and hard truths. and i'm a dak lover. andy's alright with me.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Andy Dalton had 2 TD drives of 5 Plays or less....

The Defense and Special teams won the game.

I agree, that's what a good QB can do...when has Dak scored 2TD drives in 5 plays or less? And he had a better team around him.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Dalton is done. he is now barely a bus driver. his career has been defined as one that can't get it done....1-12 in big time games when it counts for something, 0-5 in playoffs....Dalton shouldn't be asking for the buffett, he doesn't even belong in the dining room.

lol...Dude! You don't even want Dalton to eat? Come on, bro! Dak can't have all the food! Come on, man...!