Andy Dalton puts it to rest

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Are you wearing your tin foil hat while typing this? Kellen is monitoring your Ip address man you better watch it.
he is wearing a tin foil...his other conspiracy theory was that the recievers had it in for Dalton, not catching it to make Dak look good.....

he actually said that, either him or poppydog....

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The Question should be this, what posiiton do you want your best players.....How come only in Dallas is it a problem to have a franchise QB and build a team around them....I'm not saying just you but there are many on here who have argued against Dak until he proved them wrong on every thing they wanted.....now its the money...why is that because its the only argument that Dak can't..Again its a team sport the GM has to build a team..most succesful GM's dont start that by saying "I'm going save money at the QB postion" if I'm wrong please show me the the winning teams letting Franchise QB's walk in the last 10 years....I'll wait. If your saying Dak isn't a franchise QB again please show me your facts that back that up..mind you wins are a team stat so be prepared to prove me wrong on that....

You make a decent amount of assumptions here. Are you suggesting that QB is the most important position and that Dak is our best player? If that is the case, then perhaps I don't agree. Martin is our best player IMO and it's not close. Do you suggest that only in Dallas do we have a "Franchise QB" and only in Dallas do we "build a team around him"? Do you suggest that Dallas doesn't understand the QB position because they won't enter into a very questionable financial contract? Do you suggest that Dak is a Franchise QB and that it's only the Coaching Staff and the Management that don't recognize this but you, who is exactly what again, in terms of association with the team (?), are the only one to do so? If your tact is to wait, it's not necessary, it's been explained to you on this board many, many times. If you haven't gotten it by now, then no amount of explanation is going to suffice because the issue is you. What I'm telling you is that your "opinion" is just that. Don't ever think you can come here and give it to me as if it's actually more important then anyone elses.

Wins are a team stat and if you get right down to it, this is a team sport. You got a problem with Wins? Well, that's your problem. That's what this sport is about, it's Wins and to put a finer point on it, Championships. It's not about stats. Franchise QBs generally post Ws, not Ls. They generally lead teams to wins in post season and they generally get to Championships and mostly, they win Championships. Contracts don't make Franchise QBs, results do. Figure that part out.

cern

Reaction score
He also throws behind receivers once in awhile, but UNLIKE Dak, he isn’t consistently top 3 in dropped INTs by DBs. You said you would put me on ignore. So why do you keep coming back?
people say they put others on ignore, but their curiosity gets the best of them and they read everything you post directed at them.

garyo1954

Reaction score
people say they put others on ignore, but their curiosity gets the best of them and they read everything you post directed at them.

Some just read to see if you are posting anything about them!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I've seen stats posted around that show the more yards you have usually the worse your team is doing.

That's why we see guys like Winston last year and Burrow this year have such high passing yards.

Passing yards is an awful way to measure a QB's success because it can be inflated by just simply having more volume.

Dak.. He had a crazy amount of attempts against some of the worst pass defenses in the league and it had his homers doing cart wheels while we were taking L's.

The thought is if we only had a defense but we've seen Dak in 2019 plenty of times when the defense played well but if the opponent scored 14 the Cowboys offense was sure to score 13.

The only thing i'm sure of with Dak is he is a great leader with great intangibles but if we aren't playing a bad team he can not be relied on to put points up and get W's.

I can't believe fans who watch the game don't understand that but there is an entire generation of people who grew up watching ESPN and look at the box score and go by whatever the box score tells them and that defines the player.

Real football is not Fantasy Football.

Balance is the key. You have to be able to play both sides of the ball and in todays NFL, it's so unbalanced that people just see it as a one sides thing. I mean, you are right, stats are all a lot of people believe in, all too many times. You'll never win a championship that way, IMO. But hey, what do I know right?

BTW, what's your plan for TG Brother?

cern

Reaction score
andy looked particularly good throwing slants to cooper. also a nice one to noah brown late in the game.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm with you on this. Just 200 yards all game? I would rather have had Dak throw for 425 yards and lose the game. That would have been awesome.
I would rather have defense hold in the end than lose the game, I would rather have defense get two turnovers than lose the game. I would rather have zeke get his first 100 yard game than lose the game. yep...you got it that would be awsome....

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I would rather have defense hold in the end than lose the game, I would rather have defense get two turnovers than lose the game. I would rather have zeke get his first 100 yard game than lose the game. yep...you got it that would be awsome....

don't forget a 40+ yard running TD. That was the highlight of the game. Had we even had a 20+ yard TD run this year?

I think those, and defensive pick six's are my favorite things to watch

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You make a decent amount of assumptions here. Are you suggesting that QB is the most important position and that Dak is our best player? If that is the case, then perhaps I don't agree. Martin is our best player IMO and it's not close. Do you suggest that only in Dallas do we have a "Franchise QB" and only in Dallas do we "build a team around him"? Do you suggest that Dallas doesn't understand the QB position because they won't enter into a very questionable financial contract? Do you suggest that Dak is a Franchise QB and that it's only the Coaching Staff and the Management that don't recognize this but you, who is exactly what again, in terms of association with the team (?), are the only one to do so? If your tact is to wait, it's not necessary, it's been explained to you on this board many, many times. If you haven't gotten it by now, then no amount of explanation is going to suffice because the issue is you. What I'm telling you is that your "opinion" is just that. Don't ever think you can come here and give it to me as if it's actually more important then anyone elses.

Wins are a team stat and if you get right down to it, this is a team sport. You got a problem with Wins? Well, that's your problem. That's what this sport is about, it's Wins and to put a finer point on it, Championships. It's not about stats. Franchise QBs generally post Ws, not Ls. They generally lead teams to wins in post season and they generally get to Championships and mostly, they win Championships. Contracts don't make Franchise QBs, results do. Figure that part out.
but you have to keep in mind, that not all positions have similar impact and are as important.....no one ever says they won a superbowl because they had the best RG....otherwise all teams, would spend top 5 picks on RGs and LGs.....

a QB has the highest impact on any team. Martin maybe the best player in his position, but his impact on the team can't be measured the same way a QBs can.....

this doesn't mean the position is not important or doesn't need any competent player at the position.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
don't forget a 40+ yard running TD. That was the highlight of the game. Had we even had a 20+ yard TD run this year?

I think those, and defensive pick six's are my favorite things to watch
very true, we had not run the ball like this all season.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

So your connected to the team? can you please give me the specifics of the very questionable contarct? Can you also give me the names of the coaching members and staff that said he was not a franchise QB? Well i waited for nothing as you didn't answer the question I was waiting on. Please show me again the Iron locked gaurentee that has been explained to me many times on this board about how to build said championship team? I'm all for Championships again just would like to see exactly how getting worse QB play equates to a championship? Are you saying that paying a QB market rate ends your chances of winning...oo I'm sorry are you assuming? Look i wasn't being rude, and you can be thats fine but when you do make a point don't just type a bunch of text and answer nothing.....Franchise QB's win with good teams (if you have not figured that out by now Thats on you)..And If you have insider information of the franchises that are winning in today's NFL while letting thier "Franchise QB' walk please share..as I asked for....its all opinions and by all means police it how you like, "but don't think you can come in here" and spew trash without backing it up with facts....If Dak is not a Franchise QB then show me.....if your not saying that then say that....but riding the tongue in cheek comments about wins and loses only prove my point, its a team stat. If your ready to declare any QB without a championship wasn't a "Franchise QB" then make that stand.....