Andy Dalton puts it to rest

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This is an interesting point. I had assumed it was a poorly located pass, but if the play was truly intended for the corner of the end zone it could have been the route that was to blame.

Again we can only go of assumptions, but Lamb gets 1on1 outside, I'm betting thats an auto fade check to his side with Cooper probably slanting from the other...if the safty stays tight its a no brainer to fade corner to Lamb 1on 1

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Last week we had to start Garrett Gilbert because Andy Dalton sucked.

Now we have to extend Andy Dalton because he won one game and Dak Prescott...well, I'm not really sure what Dak did to hurt so many Cowboys fans, but they want him gone because he doesn't win games all by himself. (Like Troy Aikman did, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, and all those other Hall of Famers were just along for the ride apparantly).

What I'm trying to say is this- let's not be prisoners of the moment. Dalton won; but I don't think the league's MVP voters are too moved.

Proof

Reaction score
Exactly. People questioned how much Zack Martin actually makes to the o line...well we all just saw! The first time Dalton has had an o line that replicated what Prescott had earlier in the season = 30 points on the road against an in form team. Nice.

the first time the defense came to play and forced some TO’s.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
the first time the defense came to play and forced some TO’s.
Was nice to get all those short fields. Would have blown the Vikings out with Dak but the team stepped up to win with Andy. But it is the 2nd game. Defense and ST also helped the last game and kept the game close against the Steelers.

streetcredit

Reaction score
We should pay Dak $40 million, Dalton $35 million and draft a QB in the first round,....just to be sure, maybe trade the 2nd round pick for a good QB coach.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Was nice to get all those short fields. Would have blown the Vikings out with Dak but the team stepped up to win with Andy. But it is the 2nd game. Defense and ST also helped the last game and kept the game close against the Steelers.
Huge point. Field position matters.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dalton is done. he is now barely a bus driver. his career has been defined as one that can't get it done....1-12 in big time games when it counts for something, 0-5 in playoffs....Dalton shouldn't be asking for the buffett, he doesn't even belong in the dining room.

And playing in Cinci...that's a Super Bowl HoF generator.

And before you start in on "those teams aren't that bad"...they just got a qb killed.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
And playing in Cinci...that's a Super Bowl HoF generator.

And before you start in on "those teams aren't that bad"...they just got a qb killed.
yeah, compare 2020 team with team in 2010... awsome....:thumbup:

he had some talent on that team. good defenses to support him. he just didn't get it done. 1-12 in big games. 0-5 in playoffs.

Qcard

Reaction score
Come on, brother! You, me, and the rest of the members know that Qcard (Quincy Carter) has the playbook on how that pass should have been thrown. And you thought you were talking to a regular Joe, huh? Bro, you are conversing with Quincy his bad self!
Your story, you tell it.

Lol @5Stars and @ABQCOWBOY

I've been treating your Eye Test condition ever since some folks around these parts tried to convince us Drew Henson and Chad Hutchinson had it.

Anyway please review this wonderful QB School by JT O'Sullivan a former McCarthy guy whom knows McCarthy's ques and landmarks on routes

See the 5:00 Min mark and understand Andy Dalton missed the throw by 5 yards forcing CeeDee to make a Historic catch...

No Andy Hate just Eye Test proof that Red Rifle is not a starter and a average Back up $3M is about right...

Qcard

Reaction score
Look at what we have here....
Look at what we have here....Monday morning blues over...we have tape and receipts of the Andy's averageness....

5:00 Mark Anatomy of CeeDee Catch
7:55 Min Mark Dalton's averageness

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I've been treating your Eye Test condition ever since some folks around these parts tried to convince us Drew Henson and Chad Hutchinson had it.

Anyway please review this wonderful QB School by JT O'Sullivan a former McCarthy guy whom knows McCarthy's ques and landmarks on routes

See the 5:00 Min mark and understand Andy Dalton missed the throw by 5 yards forcing CeeDee to make a Historic catch...

No Andy Hate just Eye Test proof that Red Rifle is not a starter and a average Back up $3M is about right...

OK, you had your minute. You told your story, now it's time for you to run along now. 50 years of football and that pattern hasn't ever changed. How much coaching do you think McCarthy has given Dalton, or really Lamb, for that matter?

I don't know how this O'Sullivan knows what this Offense is supposed to run but he's completely wrong here. The Landmark thing is a bunch of BS. Yes, there are defined areas for routes but, there are also pre-snap rules every QB is supposed go to that dictate offense. Minnesota shows blitz here. That means that pre-snap, Dalton already has an idea of where the ball is going. He reads the Safety. What does the Safety do? He Shows Blitz. Now, if you are the QB here, what is your thought process?

1. Safety is coming and if he does, that mean he vacates the area he is responsible for an it opens up an opportunity. In that situation, the QB wants to get the ball out quickly and to an area of the field that is safe and also that gives you the best possible chance for a score. Where is that in the Redzone? The Corner that the Safety just vacated on the Blitz. Dalton already knows he's throwing to the corner.

2. Safety threatens blitz and plays coverage. What is the best route in short yardage Redzone against that scenario? Answer, close ground and make the Safety turn and run. The Safety is at a disadvantage there because the play will be bang-bang, which means he can't have his hands on the WR when the ball is in the air. That means that if a QB cuts it lose quick, he can't be physical or get a decent chuck on the WR or it's PI and the ball is 1st and goal at the 1, best case scenario. Dalton already knows this. The route is to the Corner of the Endzone on the fade.

That Safety is at a disadvantage from the snap and the best play against him is to go right over the top. He has no second level help. That means it's the Athlete CD against the Safety and CD has the advantage in every way in that matchup. That is the best route to throw in that situation, regardless of if the Safety comes or covers. It's bang-bang, it provides the WR with the maximum amount of advantage in every way, it takes advantage of every physical advantage against what should be an inferior athlete at Safety (theoretically), it's a relatively easy catch and throw and it is very low risk. This is the hot read in that scenario. If the Safety is playing more towards the center and a little deeper, then it's a sideline route but he's not. The WR and QB should be on the same page here and that is the hot read.

Secondly, we aren't running McCarthy's Offense, as this O'Sullivan suggests. We are running a Garrett/Moore Offense and we know this because McCarthy specifically said that he wouldn't be coming in and changing things this season on Offense a lot. He specifically said that he would adjust to the players and not the other way around. So the things this video suggests aren't in play here. But more then that, it's the difference between coaching HS ball and the Pros. You don't tell players how they run things according to how you like them if you are a Coach. In HS, you are teaching players a lot of times. You are exposing them to things they may never have had opportunity to learn so you teach in a fundamental and basic way, a lot of times. In the Pros, these guys have all learned this stuff. You ask them what they like and what they run best, throw best and then you go with that as your Offense. You don't make QBs or WRs run stuff the way you want. You work with them and then you figure out what they do well and create the miss match that gives you the best percentage of success. That is how you do it.

More over, just look at the ball. That ball, from the time he releases it has plenty of air under it. If he's throwing it flatter, to the sideline or at a narrower angel, it has more zip on it because the threat there is of a player getting a hand up and knocking the pass down at LOS or a player having time to react and make a play on it. You want that ball to get there AFAFP. That is a throw you see with a QB who has a gun and that's a lot of times what they like to do. But that is not Dalton, he isn't that guy. He doesn't throw it that way and you can see his mechanics. He doesn't set up to throw that ball that way just based on the way his physical mechanics are aligned. I mean, everything about this throw tells you he is throwing to the corner, the entire way. This is not some kind of mistake. This O'Sullivan, who played in a total of 0 games in GB, threw 0 passes while in GB, is smoking crack so far as I can tell here. I mean, he makes assumptions off of what he thinks he knows, based on one year in GB in his rookie season and completely ignores every other tell tail sign on the play. He completely throws out the window what the read and progression should be based on what Minnesota is showing us and somehow comes to the conclusion that it was a bad throw because of some obscure thing he learned from 1 game on the roster in GB, in 2004.

OK, if this is what you want to believe, go for it but don't try and tell me that you understand this game, at all. I don't watch JT O'Sullivan videos to tell me what I've learned about this game over decades. Football hasn't changed that much and I know when I'm being feed a line of BS.

Believe what you wish but don't expect me to accept this stuff. I know better.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This op can’t be serious.

It's the Cowboys fan way. A player has one good game and now he has proven himself. Remember Jaylon after the Giants game?

Also, they are so desperate to discredit Dak, they will trash him any chance he gets. Dalton has played good in one game out of 3 he has started this year. The 2 previous he didn't even look like he belonged in the league. Let's see what he does in the next few weeks. The thing is, these people will disappear if he has a bad game because they can't push their Dak agenda. This is all this thread is about. People like him, Will Beamen, Catc17 and Pappydog are never around when anything positive happens for Dak. The second we lose a game or he as an off game, they literally will post a thread less than 5 minutes after its done. It is how they operate. Spineless cowards.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's the Cowboys fan way. A player has one good game and now he has proven himself. Remember Jaylon after the Giants game?

Also, they are so desperate to discredit Dak, they will trash him any chance he gets. Dalton has played good in one game out of 3 he has started this year. The 2 previous he didn't even look like he belonged in the league. Let's see what he does in the next few weeks. The thing is, these people will disappear if he has a bad game because they can't push their Dak agenda. This is all this thread is about. People like him, Will Beamen, Catc17 and Pappydog are never around when anything positive happens for Dak. The second we lose a game or he as an off game, they literally will post a thread less than 5 minutes after its done. It is how they operate. Spineless cowards.
:hammer:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yeah, compare 2020 team with team in 2010... awsome....:thumbup:

he had some talent on that team. good defenses to support him. he just didn't get it done. 1-12 in big games. 0-5 in playoffs.
We got good teams HERE too and we "haven't gotten it done".

Is Romo the only one to blame? Is Dak?

Hey look whatever...Imma cheer on and support all of our players. It is...a TEAM game.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

If you are so sure of what you think you are saying, how come you're not coaching an NFL team?

Oh, when is the last time you went to see the eye doc? What your think your eyes saw is not what all people saw...you just want to be right. How about your man crush, do you think he would have hit the sweet spot like you say Dalton didn't?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty much - NFL Sun Ticky. And again, that pass was not where it should’ve gone.
So, you have able to watch every pass thrown by every QB in every game every week all season .....

.... and you’ve missed that in every game there are passes thrown that a receiver could never dream of even getting a fingernail on, no matter how amazingly they are able to jump, dive, twist, turn or contort their body,