Andy Dalton puts it to rest

Qcard

Reaction score
Yeah, you don't know this Q. That ball, as a matter of fact, is taught to be thrown in the corner of the endzone, so as to limit the possibility of an INT. That's where that pass was thrown. Now, we don't know if Lamb ran a precise route or not. It could just as easily, be a situation where Lamb didn't run that route exactly right and had to adjust. Great catch, no question. But I don't know that it was a poorly thrown ball, based on what I saw ingame.
I do know..... it's obvious. I perfect example is like the pass Kirk Cousin threw to To Thielan....football flight pass was going out of bounds over Pylon. Only Thielan could catch the ball.
Andy pass dropped spiraled like a wounded duck 3 yards from Pylon forcing CeeDee to slow down and contort his body...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Seems sad to me to think that so many of us hate to see our #1 backup QB do well vs. a decent team. Goes to show who those are who cling to their self-imposed opinions. Andy is a backup who is likely better than most of the others with other teams. It's a shame how that's just not good enough. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I do know..... it's obvious. I perfect example is like the pass Kirk Cousin threw to To Thielan....football flight pass was going out of bounds over Pylon. Only Thielan could catch the ball.
Andy pass dropped spiraled like a wounded duck 3 yards from Pylon forcing CeeDee to slow down and contort his body...

Your story, you tell it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Seems sad to me to think that so many of us hate to see our #1 backup QB do well vs. a decent team. Goes to show who those are who cling to their self-imposed opinions. Andy is a backup who is likely better than most of the others with other teams. It's a shame how that's just not good enough. :rolleyes:
I hope Dalton wins us a Super Bowl, but it's not going to make him perform like he can. He's a back up. No reason to hoist him up past what he is. I see very little hate. I do see a lot of fans who seem to suggest he's just as good as Prescott.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Your story, you tell it.

Come on, brother! You, me, and the rest of the members know that Qcard (Quincy Carter) has the playbook on how that pass should have been thrown. And you thought you were talking to a regular Joe, huh? Bro, you are conversing with Quincy his bad self!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

Why are so many of us here so dissatisfied with success that we, somehow, feel compelled to criticize it?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Why are so many of us here so dissatisfied with success that we, somehow, always feel compelled to criticize it?

Take a guess. I'll give you one hint. I don't know his name, but his initials are DP...take it from there.

starfan1

Reaction score

I agree it was a nice pass but cousins throws wounded ducks as well and Andy throws good passes. every QB has both

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eye Test Mafia trying build up Dalton below average play.

The TD throw to CeeDee was a below average throw. Dalton’s touch and location was so bad,
Lamb’s mid-air body contortion was Matrixeqsue...Catch was elite. Dalton pass was grade school level.
I don't know that the touch was bad, but the location certainly was. What a great catch.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So I went back and watched that play again. That ball was perfectly thrown. It was a perfect spiral, perfect touch and perfect location for how you are supposed to throw that ball. That ball is thrown to the corner of the Endzone and Lamb runs his pattern but kinda breaks it off to the sideline. So if he's supposed to run through the contact and push to the corner, then it's a perfectly thrown ball. It's clearly not to the pylon, that pass was away before the break and it is definitely thrown to the corner of the endzone. I guess folks can believe what they wish. Did the Rookie WR run an imperfect route or did the 9 year vet QB get the play wrong in his head because he is definitely throwing to the corner and not the pylon.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Eye Test Mafia trying build up Dalton below average play.

The TD throw to CeeDee was a below average throw. Dalton’s touch and location was so bad,
Lamb’s mid-air body contortion was Matrixeqsue...Catch was elite. Dalton pass was grade school level.
Lamb made a great catchy making Dalton appear to be just below average instead of horrible.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Here's the play. Notice how Dalton sets up and throws before the break. Watch the flight of the ball and notice that from the angle they show, it's perfectly thrown to the corner. This ball was never going to the pylon.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Lamb made a great catchy making Dalton appear to be just below average instead of horrible.

In all Fainess Dalton even said in the post game that he threw the ball before the recievers break and Lamb made a great adjustment.... to me that means the rookie WR broke the fade a little flat but still made the catch...Again I'll give them both credit for that TD...this in no way means I think Andy is as good as Dak, but i do think he threw a fade to the corner...and that was the play call.

CWR

Reaction score
Seems sad to me to think that so many of us hate to see our #1 backup QB do well vs. a decent team. Goes to show who those are who cling to their self-imposed opinions. Andy is a backup who is likely better than most of the others with other teams. It's too bad how that's just not good enough. :rolleyes:

Agreed, its just as sad some believe Daltons performance is a slight on Dak as well. Completely moronic. Dalton played a good game and I hope he keeps it up.

Beaker42

Reaction score
You mean his first start where Zach Martin actually played the full game and they won on the road against a legitimate defense and he was threading needles, getting the ball out quickly and checking into the run when he needed to?

Oh yeah, this one must really hurt..
His pass to Lamb was the worst thrown ball for a TD by any QB this season. He totally ***** that throw up and only CeeDee’s body control let them get the TD.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So I went back and watched that play again. That ball was perfectly thrown. It was a perfect spiral, perfect touch and perfect location for how you are supposed to throw that ball. That ball is thrown to the corner of the Endzone and Lamb runs his pattern but kinda breaks it off to the sideline. So if he's supposed to run through the contact and push to the corner, then it's a perfectly thrown ball. It's clearly not to the pylon, that pass was away before the break and it is definitely thrown to the corner of the endzone. I guess folks can believe what they wish. Did the Rookie WR run an imperfect route or did the 9 year vet QB get the play wrong in his head because he is definitely throwing to the corner and not the pylon.
This is an interesting point. I had assumed it was a poorly located pass, but if the play was truly intended for the corner of the end zone it could have been the route that was to blame.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His pass to Lamb was the worst thrown ball for a TD by any QB this season. He totally ***** that throw up and only CeeDee’s body control let them get the TD.
The worst thrown ball for a TD by any QB this season … lol

You've seen them all?