Andy Isabella

cnuball21

Reaction score
You are right Campbell might be out of range to begin with, but he is a guy I would be high on.

I am all for DT, and I think it is a position they will put a strong emphasis on the position and maybe it's something they look to fill in FA on maybe a 1-year deal, and also have flexibility where they don't need to but can address in the 2nd round or wherever in the draft.

I have paid close attention to the players in the draft this year as I've done in years past but I will start evaluating post combine.

We have money to spend on 1-year deals and you can fill the holes and go into the draft with a BPA, and without a 1st round pick and a boatload of comp picks as well they need to draft smartly based on quality depth/ potential starter. If they do this they can draft more for the following year than guys we need to play at a high rate this year to be successful.

I agree to an extent, but if you pick up a 1 year FA DT, then you want the guy you draft to develop into a quality starter...and the higher you select the better. Also, the guys we’d probaby want in FA aren’t going to want 1 year deals.

It doesn’t have to be DT in the 2nd, but at least more of a position of need than WR ( DT, FS, SS, DE maybe, TE, C depending on Frederick).

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I agree to an extent, but if you pick up a 1 year FA DT, then you want the guy you draft to develop into a quality starter...and the higher you select the better. Also, the guys we’d probaby want in FA aren’t going to want 1 year deals.

It doesn’t have to be DT in the 2nd, but at least more of a position of need than WR ( DT, FS, SS, DE maybe, TE, C depending on Frederick).

If the players at the positions are all equal then I agree WR is not at the top of the list, and my point with Campbell is if he did fall to that pick is he would be a bigger difference maker than a guy like Isabella who will be a slot only type player.

Also I think this team is going to add weapons on offense 1 to see what they have in Dak and 2 because they need to be more dynamic and score more.

How they address positions of need pre draft is going to be important because they traded their 1st, and their second round pick is essentially a 3rd rounder so the options decline significantly on what's available to fill those holes.

cnuball21

Reaction score
If the players at the positions are all equal then I agree WR is not at the top of the list, and my point with Campbell is if he did fall to that pick is he would be a bigger difference maker than a guy like Isabella who will be a slot only type player.

Also I think this team is going to add weapons on offense 1 to see what they have in Dak and 2 because they need to be more dynamic and score more.

How they address positions of need pre draft is going to be important because they traded their 1st, and their second round pick is essentially a 3rd rounder so the options decline significantly on what's available to fill those holes.

I actually think Isabella would create a bigger impact as he has the chance to be a top slot WR at the next level.

I like Campbell’s potential, but he’s not very polished and his scoring report reads inconsistent. If we’re taking a WR he needs to be “Dak friendly”...aka run quality routes and be able to create separation and easier throwing lanes.

Dak already has a blue chip RB, blue chip WR, above average OL and another early selection in Gallup. If he can’t put up with what he has, the excuses will never stop.

I actually like Cambells teammate KJ Hill as a much better value.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like Isabella a lot. However, I'm banging the table for Deebo Samuel. Go look at his highlights.
Alot of people think he will be gone. But I can see him lasting if teams think he is more a WR2. Once Gallup matures to the point we can play him in the slot more, Cooper, Samuel and Gallup give you a great combo of talent and versatility.

Im not sleeping in Deebo being our guy in the 2nd

cnuball21

Reaction score
Alot of people think he will be gone. But I can see him lasting if teams think he is more a WR2. Once Gallup matures to the point we can play him in the slot more, Cooper, Samuel and Gallup give you a great combo of talent and versatility.

Im not sleeping in Deebo being our guy in the 2nd

I’d bet s large wager Deebo is drafted well before Isabella.

WRs under 5’10 just don’t get drafted in the top 75/100 selections. It is incredibly rare.

DanA

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe all these guys are running in the 4.3s. More than one of Isabella, Hart, Hardman, Deebo and Renfrow will run in the 4.5s IMO.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe all these guys are running in the 4.3s. More than one of Isabella, Hart, Hardman, Deebo and Renfrow will run in the 4.5s IMO.

It’s early, but the only guys I see running 4.3/4.4 are Brown, Campbell and the GA kid.

rambo2

Reaction score
I’d bet s large wager Deebo is drafted well before Isabella.

WRs under 5’10 just don’t get drafted in the top 75/100 selections. It is incredibly rare.
I think that Deebo will go before 58 and the Cowboys may move up to get him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WRs under 5’10 usually don’t go until the 4th or so. Switzer was the earliest drafted the last 2 years and he was the 4th.

Isabellla is a better prospect IMO, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he broke the trend and was taken as early as the 3rd.

Good info!

5'10" seems like a magic line for teams in the draft with regard to WR. Being below the line definitely appears to lower players draft ranking for all teams.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Deebo Samuel has some really intriguing measurables:

(Senior Bowl Weigh-ins)

5’-11.5”
216 lbs
32 1/2” (arms)
10 1/8” (hands)

He’s stout but with the arm length of guys typically 2-3” taller than him, and his hands are bigger than some offensive linemen.

If the Cowboys had any serious interest in DJ Moore last year, I don’t see why they wouldn’t with Samuel.

Last edited:

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score

(Senior Bowl Weigh-ins)

5’-11.5”
216 lbs
32 1/2” (arms)
10 1/8” (hands)

He’s stout but with the arm length of guys typically 2-3” taller than him, and his hands are bigger than some offensive linemen.

If the Cowboys had any serious interest in DJ Moore last year, I don’t see why they wouldn’t with Samuel.

They might have serious interest, but will he last to 58, highly unlikely. If he last to pick 58 that would be a nice get.

cnuball21

Reaction score

(Senior Bowl Weigh-ins)

5’-11.5”
216 lbs
32 1/2” (arms)
10 1/8” (hands)

Good comp. I think Deebo is a poor mans Moore, not quite as explosive but still a good prospect.

I like the player, just not the idea of taking him or any WR in the 2nd.

cnuball21

Reaction score
What's the ideal pick at 58?

For me it’s DT or S, unless a top TE falls which I find unlikely.

DT and S are the weakest positions on the roster IMO, and lucky for us the DT class is loaded.

Safety class seems average.

DFWJC

Reaction score
40 times are almost always exaggerated pre-combine.
As you know,
Home campus, hand timed 40s always give players a tenth second more speed.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
For me it’s DT or S, unless a top TE falls which I find unlikely.

DT and S are the weakest positions on the roster IMO, and lucky for us the DT class is loaded.

Safety class seems average.

That's easy to say and I am with you, but if there is a much more talented WR than those positions then for me it's a no brainer.

This is a tough draft to gage because of how heavy the talent is along the trenches especially on the defensive side as well as LB and TE.

This is probably the most unbalanced draft I can remember in a long time, and IMO I think the trenches will be hit early and often though the first, the LB and a few CB sprinkled in, and early in round 2 is when you see DB and WR fly off the boards.

Question is which position is going to be stronger come pick 58 this year will be the most predictable draft in the first round and a half we've seen in a long time as far as how it's going to fall but not necessarily who's going to fall.

cnuball21

Reaction score
That's easy to say and I am with you, but if there is a much more talented WR than those positions then for me it's a no brainer.

This is a tough draft to gage because of how heavy the talent is along the trenches especially on the defensive side as well as LB and TE.

This is probably the most unbalanced draft I can remember in a long time, and IMO I think the trenches will be hit early and often though the first, the LB and a few CB sprinkled in, and early in round 2 is when you see DB and WR fly off the boards.

Question is which position is going to be stronger come pick 58 this year will be the most predictable draft in the first round and a half we've seen in a long time as far as how it's going to fall but not necessarily who's going to fall.

I find that unlikely, bc I’m not sure there is a single 1st round caliber WR in this draft. Good depth, but it’s a lot of day 2 type talents.

So there may be a situation where we have similar graded players available between WR / DT / S but in that case it’s a no brainer to me due to need.

DanA

Reaction score
It seems like it's shaking out as DT, DE, WR and TE being the strongest positions, WR not having the top end, and DT not being quite as good as was initially thought. There is not much in the draft at the safety position, Linebacker looks weak, and I expect most of the good O-line players (especially OT's) to be gone well before we pick. So to me, I'd expect our 2nd and 3rd rounders to come from those four positions, and DE is the dark horse because we don't really need one IMO.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I find that unlikely, bc I’m not sure there is a single 1st round caliber WR in this draft. Good depth, but it’s a lot of day 2 type talents.

So there may be a situation where we have similar graded players available between WR / DT / S but in that case it’s a no brainer to me due to need.

Find what unlikely?